Thread: Team at/above/near the cap?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Team at/above/near the cap?

Just wondering what teams we might see moves from.

I know of Chicago + Philly. Others?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Rangers. Knocking on the cap ceilings door. And Tampa Bay too. There\'s no way they can make this many signings and not be up against the cap, even while trading Boyle.

Now that I think about it, Pittsburgh has to be up there. Crosby,Malkin,Fleury,Gonchar,Orpik,Sykora.....Wher e the hell did they get all this cap space?

Dobber Sports Novice

Anahiem is up there as well. If I recall correctly they are about $500,000 over already. That is without Selanne being signed either. Last I heard Schneider is on top of the list to be moved out.
    H2H Keeper League - Points Only

Protections: 6 Forwards, 3 Defensemen, 1 Goalie, & 1 Rookie

F - Parise, Backstrom, Lecavalier, Spezza, O. Jokinen, Horton, Morrow, Steen, Little, Belanger

D - Doughty, Letang, Edler, MA Bergeron, Corvo, Carlson(R)

G - Lundqvist, Halak

Dobber Sports Ace

Here\'s a link that you can find off of Dobber\'s \"Hockey Links\" menu...

http://whuuut.com/nhlnumbers/compare...&order=ASC

I think it\'s all updated with current or near current info...

EDIT: Teams over cap right now: Flyers, Blackhawks, Ducks, Flames and Caps.

Teams near the cap ceiling: Sharks, Devils, Bruins, Penguins...

Rangers still about 3.8 mil away from cap, but need to consider signing Dawes, Fritsche and/or Sjostrom I believe.
    Yahoo! H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, Daily starts
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN, IR, 3IR+
    Used 41/45 moves
    ---------------------
    C} Matthews, Barkov, Hertl
    LW} B.Tkachuk(C), Guentzel, Nichushkin(RW)
    RW} Miller(C), Rust, Schmaltz(C)
    D} Josi, Fox, Dobson, Carlson
    G} Nedeljkovic, Daccord, Grubauer, Pickard
    IR} Demko
    IR+} Neighbours

via GIPHY

Dobber Sports Pro

ANA - already over the cap and still need wingers for Morrisonn and a 7-8th D (i\'ve already counted Montador but not UFA DiPenta); i\'ve not counted Carter and Ryan as potential solutions there. Schneider (5.75M) is on the block, rumors also put Marchant (2.518M) on the block but he\'s got an NTC (this is still his old CBJ contract, thank you Doug McLaine)

BOS - Between 3 and 3.5M under the cap with Wideman in arbitration. Murray (4.15M), Axelsson (1.85M) and Schaeffer (2.1) rumored on the block.

CGY - About 0.75M over the cap without counting Giordano. Nilson (1M), Ericsson (1.5M) and Warrener (2.35M) are counted, and if demoted/waived will need to be replaced by another body to make a 23player roster, and any body would be at least 0.475M (the minimum salary).

CHI - About 3.3M over the cap with 2 wingers for the 3rd line and a 4th line C still to sign or promote from the farm. This does include Wishniewski (0.9M) who\'ll start the year on IR. Everybody believes \'Bulin (6.7M) is shopped though CHI say he isn\'t. They intimate they are shopping Seabrook (3.5M) but he\'ll have to be replaced with someone so he won\'t be enough to get them under the cap. Will have no problem if Havlat reinjures himself in camp :S

DAL - Here\'s a team you wouldn\'t expect here, but they are about 3M under the cap, not counting Brunnstrom and Stephan, as well as missing an 8th D. The three of them put them just over the cap. The ones they could move are Boucher, Daley or Robidas.

DET - 3.1M under the cap but still need to resign Filpula and resign or replace Chelios and one of Drake/McCarty.

NJD - 2.67M under the cap not counting Fedor Fedorov and still missing another D body (and really need a top-4 one; I am not counting Salmela)

NYR - about 3.5M under the cap but still have RFAs Dawes and Fritsche to sign, plus need two more bodies on D. Prucha\'s 1.6M look mighty excessive now.

PHI - about 1M above cap not counting Rathje (on IR) and still missing a 13th forward and one more D, which they\'d love to be a top-4 one, but might have to settle for promoting Parent, Hersley or Sean Curry. Would love to move Hatcher\'s 3.5M, but might need to demote him instead.

PIT - about 3.4M under the cap, counting only 11 forwards (not counting Pesonen). I think they\'d love to move Sydor (2.5M)

SJ - about 2.5M under the cap and still need to resign Clowe, resign or replace Semenov, add another top-9 winger (likely promoting Setoguchi at 1.275M) and resign or replace Curtis Brown (I\'ve already included Goc in the calculation)

TBL - not close to the cap but have lots of moves ahead as after the Gratton signing they have 17 active roster forwards, not counting Stamkos. Jokinen, Oullet, Ward, Andre Roy I would guess are on the block, and they\'ll either move Halpern to make room for Gratton, or move Gratton once Halpern is healthy, or move Tarnasky and retain both Gratton and Halpern.

WAS - another team you wouldn\'t expect, but they\'re now 1.4M under the cap, with two more D bodies to add (likely RFA Shaun Morrison and prospect Sami Lepisto). Rumors had them trying to move Poti (3.5M)

Also of note, on the other end, ATL and LA are still well below the cap floor. LA are 13M under with 10 more roster spots to fill (including RFAs O\'Sullivan, Harrold, Ersberg, Richardson and Stoll). ATL are 9.7M under the floor with 7 roster spots to fill (including RFAs Lehtonen and Sterling; the number above does not yet count Boulton and Lessard whom I\'d be slotting at the bottom of the 13 Fs).
    Rebulding in two lifetime keepers, squads to follow ...