Thread: Franzen <-> Scheifele+DSP+Nichushkin

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Franzen <-> Scheifele+DSP+Nichushkin

So I'm in a very weird position, no, this is not a trade offer

In my team in my signature, I have E. Staal and Nuchushkin as active players on my IR
    I have a lot of depth on my team, all of my players are 'undroppable' in a league this deep, and will almost certainly be picked up when I drop them

Franzen was just dropped in my league, which is probably the best waiver addition I will get with a #6 priority
    But, in order to get him, I would have to drop 3 players to clear out my IR.
    Which basically means I would have to drop Scheifele, Smith-Pelley, and Nichushkin just to add Franzen
    I've been trying to clear out roster space with some 2for1 trades but I can't get it done before Franzen is picked up

What would you do?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Franzen <-> Scheifele+DSP+Nichushkin

I'd probably do it. The thing is, with 6th waiver spot, you probably won't get Franzen anyways, so you'll just be dropping 2 guys for nothing. Clearing out your healthy IR does give you flexibility in the future though.

Dobber Sports Expert

Even in an 18-team I think that I would drop Scheifele, Smith-Pelley, and Nichushkin, bring E.Staal back in and add Franzen. Band-aid-boy or no a 55pt, decent PIM forward doesn't come along too often. Scheifele has upside but he hesn't shown much yet this year. Smith-Pelly's value this year is tied to Getz and Perry. He's moved back to L2 now that Maroon is back. Likewise Nichushkin's value is tied to being on L1 this year and that looks like it went to Spezza, at least until Spezza gets hurt.

Edit: Just saw that Franzen would have to clear waivers. I would only do this if I thought I would have a decent chance getting Franzen. Otherwise, it might be best to wait until he clears waivers.
    Last edited by Rehdaun; November 3, 2014 at 2:01 PM. Reason: addition...

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by harold_snepts View Post
    I'd probably do it. The thing is, with 6th waiver spot, you probably won't get Franzen anyways, so you'll just be dropping 2 guys for nothing. Clearing out your healthy IR does give you flexibility in the future though.
    The top 5 waiver priorities have been very stingy with their waivers, they even passed on Gaborik so I have a feeling I could get him