Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Karlsson Rant

Banned

Default Re: Ultimate Karlsson Rant

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I guess I wrote fantasy wise points because it was in the “Keeper League –D-man Discussion” group. But I guess I can still use the point of when he was in the Olympics. He did get 8pts, 0PIMs in 6 games, but he was actually solid defensively. I think he was a +5. Doughty was and Weber were +4 and +5 respectively. His skill set is more directed at the larger ice, but I think he gets blamed a lot because he is trying to force it more in Ottawa.

He’s a guy who you have to live with the negatives. He’s a peacock, you gotta let him fly. Once that team starts growing, I think his +/- will even out (+10ish), and the forwards actually control the offensive rhythm, Karlsson will become more of a Keith d-man numbers wise. A 55-65pt d-man, whose mind is D first, but offense is such a close 2nd.
    Exactly. He was easily Sweden's best overall D and was probably the best in the tournament, at worst tied with Doughty. He's a stud.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    This is an odd thread haha.

Karlsson is awesome, I love watching him play. There is my rant
    Here's my rant: great post Rodgort.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    WTF is this shit? They're already a better team this year. Scoring more goals =/= better team. Check out what Spezza has done for the Stars.

Spezza leaving has definitely NOT hurt the team.

and league marketability? Nobody cares about Ottawa. Nobody even knows who Erik Karlsson is. Shea Weber is more marketable than he is.
    I'm not really sure that Spezza has hurt the Stars. They are 1 point away from tied for second, and have played 1 less game than the Hawks/Jets. Not that Spezza is all that relevant to this thread, not attempting to derail/hijack.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I'm not really sure that Spezza has hurt the Stars. They are 1 point away from tied for second, and have played 1 less game than the Hawks/Jets. Not that Spezza is all that relevant to this thread, not attempting to derail/hijack.
    They're basically Ottawa from last year. They have given up the most goals in the West and 2nd in the entire East. They are taking on the identity of Spezza. They score but can't keep the puck out of the net. If they sign him, they are out of their minds.

4-3-4 is not a good start for that team.

Banned

They're basically Ottawa from last year. They have given up the most goals in the West and 2nd in the entire East. They are taking on the identity of Spezza. They score but can't keep the puck out of the net. If they sign him, they are out of their minds.

4-3-4 is not a good start for that team.
    you should stop talking man.

if you think dallas now with seguin, benn, spezza is the same as Ottawa last year with spezza turris ryan, you SERIOUSLY need to sell your coloured glasses.

#delusionalhomer

Banned

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

if you think dallas now with seguin, benn, spezza is the same as Ottawa last year with spezza turris ryan, you SERIOUSLY need to sell your coloured glasses.

#delusionalhomer
    I'll give Big Ev props, because he's always been an Ottawa man.

And yes - there's no way that Seguin, Benn, Spezza is the equivalent of Turris, Ryan, MacArthur. But the basic premise is true. Dallas, in the west, does not have the depth up front or the defensive chops to stay with the big boys. They look great on paper, particularly when that ridiculous first line has another ridiculous offensive night - but over 82games, I question their staying power in the West. Likely a playoff team, but that's it.

As for Karlsson - just a stud. Yes, he makes some bad defensive plays. But you live with those if he's giving you what he gives you offensively. For my (exceedingly small amount of) money, he's in the top-five in the league with regards to importance to his team. Maybe higher.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    And yes - there's no way that Seguin, Benn, Spezza is the equivalent of Turris, Ryan, MacArthur. But the basic premise is true. Dallas, in the west, does not have the depth up front or the defensive chops to stay with the big boys. They look great on paper, particularly when that ridiculous first line has another ridiculous offensive night - but over 82games, I question their staying power in the West. Likely a playoff team, but that's it.
    Dallas has more depth this season than they did last year, where they already were a playoff team and should have beat Anaheim in the first round.

Just continually underrated.

Banned

#delusionalhomer
    haha love it coming from the worst homer on this site. You have Mike Ribeiro as your best centre. Let that sink in.

you didn't get my analogy. Understandable coming from somebody in a pyramid scheme.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Dallas has more depth this season than they did last year, where they already were a playoff team and should have beat Anaheim in the first round.

Just continually underrated.
    are you kidding me? How are they underrated right now? They added depth, two losers who play in one end of the rink,and everyone went gaga over hem. They are what I thouht they were. A team who can score gut can't do anything else. I have no idea how you think they're underrated. I don't think they're a playoff team and I predicted that before their poor start.

- - - Updated - - -

People really need to stop thinking that high end goal scoring talent equals instant success. The oilers vs the flames is the best example of this. Dallas would be great in the east like Tampa who is terrible overrated, but in the west they just can't keep the puck out, and their leadership is not good.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

yep we have Mike Ribeiro as our best center, but you don't hear me talking like he's the next coming of Christ like you are with karlsson and turris (other thread)

you are hilarious. You are just as much a joke as your pathetic shit team you cheer for.
    Goooo Sens!!!!

Dobber Sports Ninja

are you kidding me? How are they underrated right now? They added depth, two losers who play in one end of the rink,and everyone went gaga over hem. They are what I thouht they were. A team who can score gut can't do anything else. I have no idea how you think they're underrated. I don't think they're a playoff team and I predicted that before their poor start.

- - - Updated - - -

People really need to stop thinking that high end goal scoring talent equals instant success. The oilers vs the flames is the best example of this. Dallas would be great in the east like Tampa who is terrible overrated, but in the west they just can't keep the puck out, and their leadership is not good.
    2014-2015:
    Oilers 18th in Goals For
    Flames 12th in goals for

2013-2014:
    Oilers 28th in goals for
    Flames 26th in goals for

2012-2013:
    Oilers 24th in goals for
    Flames 26th in goals for

2011-2010:
    Oilers 28th in goals for
    Flames 21st in goals for

Yup, sounds like goal scoring is the Oilers strong point when compared to the Flames...

Seriously, every time you move your fingers along that little thing called a keyboard the rest of us suffer brain damage. I'd certainly appreciate it if you no longer participated in that particular activity.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

#2ndbestthread (after the Turdis thread from the other day)

I know lots of people really hate these types of runaway threads, but dang this is entertainment!

Dobber Sports Legend

Yes, Karlsson is a flat-out stud.

Yes, his production will take a dip this season (probably ~u70).

Yes, he is shaky in his own zone at times.

Yes, he is still the best defenseman to own in fantasy.

No, he will not win the Norris this year. Zero chance. He might not even finish in the Top 3-5 in votes.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Yes, Karlsson is a flat-out stud.

Yes, his production will take a dip this season (probably ~u70).

Yes, he is shaky in his own zone at times.

Yes, he is still the best defenseman to own in fantasy.

No, he will not win the Norris this year. Zero chance. He might not even finish in the Top 3-5 in votes.
    Based on Karlsson's early play this season, he won't even be in the voting - I agree. This hasn't been a good season so far for him. He's been fairly lazy coming back on defence on quite a few plays already. Karlsson leaves me wanting more on too many occasions.

There is no peer on the offensive side of the puck…none. But he does struggle on the D side. Call it a lack of playing partner; call it a system flaw; call it still recovering from his injury - any way you look at it, Karlsson is a slightly above average defensive Dman. If he didn't have his speed to bail him out on multiple occasions per game, he would be below average. That is how bad some of his mistakes are.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Padawan

#delusionalhomer
    I agree, this is some of the silliest stuff I've read in weeks. Got a good chuckle lol.
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov