Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mike Cammalleri

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Mike Cammalleri

Jeff McKee wrote:
    I\'m not sold on Cammalleri. Close, but not sold. One good season. Then last year came out of the gate like a house on fire. So I traded him when he led the NHL in goals!

Then he limped home. Could be the injury affected him the rest of the year. Why did LA fight his contract? Why did LA dump this \'star\'?

Now, he must adjust to a new environment. It could be amazing. Cammy to Iggy. It could be... more Alex Tanguay. I don\'t think Iggy has ever really developed unique chemistry with any other player.

I like him as a 3rd LW. Points only pool. Cap hit is fine at $3.6M
    Limped home? I agree. I had long dbates as to whether or not to keep him and give him another chance.

Rip injuries are tough to recover from. Seems as though he came back to early. Got in the doghouse and stayed there. I am hoping for a very positive year from Cammy 80+ and a good plus/minus. I can dream right?
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Mike Cammalleri

I actually dont believe that he is going to play on Iggy\'s line right away, I think Bertuzzi is going to. But that being said Bertuzzi is not the healthiest guy so cammaleri will find his way there shortly. And he will be on the first PP unit as Calgary desperately needs another one time shot from the opposite side of the ice as Iginla.

So I think he is good for 68 points, which in Calgary is a good season.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Mike Cammalleri

yea, I don;t think Bertuzzi will get top line minutes. He played on the 2nd line in detroit and the 2nd in Anaheim. He doesn\'t deserve a look on the first line. Cammy does. I am thinking that last season was a hinderance because of injury only. Not a lack of talent.

Even though I don\'t like Calgary as a team, I think he will excel there.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Mike Cammalleri

Jeff McKee wrote:
    I\'m not sold on Cammalleri. Close, but not sold. One good season. Then last year came out of the gate like a house on fire. So I traded him when he led the NHL in goals!

Then he limped home. Could be the injury affected him the rest of the year. Why did LA fight his contract? Why did LA dump this \'star\'?

Now, he must adjust to a new environment. It could be amazing. Cammy to Iggy. It could be... more Alex Tanguay. I don\'t think Iggy has ever really developed unique chemistry with any other player.

I like him as a 3rd LW. Points only pool. Cap hit is fine at $3.6M

LA dumped Cammy because GoalSullivan will be a \'bigger\' star....

thats all i know

B)

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Mike Cammalleri

O\'Sullivan will be good. nmot sure how much better. I\'ve watched a few LA games, I was always a little disappoointed with cammy, expected much more...
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Mike Cammalleri

i\'ve gotta weigh in, especially in response to andrewklassen\'s request for tanguay-cammalleri enlightenment.

first off, i\'m taking the same stance as mapletreemarty and some others who said that PPG, 80 points should be reachable, barring an injury. i don\'t think he\'s a band-aid boy... i think he came back too soon last year and that there were other factors at play. i don\'t think he was happy with that team.

secondly, as for the 1st line time. obviously, with all the roster changes the Flames had this summer, it will be really hard to predict with 100% certainty any particular line combination. bertuzzi WILL get a look on the 1st line, cammallerri will too, and it might change even from shift to shift. however, i think that, of all flames forwards, cammalleri will get the most time with iginla when all is said and done. he\'ll be at least auditioned at center between iggy and bert, bank on it.

as far as the flames style of play goes, i think it suits cammalleri much better than it ever did tanguay and huselius. cammalleri is a little missile... he flies into the offensive zone like a heatseeker and puts great pressure on dmen. neither of our previous playmakers ever quite mastered that. tanguay does much better on a puck-possession team... witness his early years in colorado. i think he\'ll do better in montreal, and he would be downright scary if he played for detroit.

you can\'t classify cammalleri as a pure sniper nor as a pure playmaker. he can do both really well (likewise, iggy is an underrated playmaker who produces goals for linemates who can finish). cammy is a great forechecker who will use his speed to beat dmen to the puck down low, get the puck to iggy/bertuzzi, and then use his wheels to get open. for comparison, tanguay was not very good at the forechecking thing, and after he got the puck and ineviteably passed it, he would just kinda sit back and watch what happened next.

i would not worry about calgary having only one line for dmen to focus on... really, whats different from last year (tanguay/huselius - conroy - nolan.... sscccarrrryyy!!). in his best stints in LA, cammy\'s line was the one that got most of the defensive attention, so it won\'t be new to him.

phew, getting long. one final comment about keenen: he didn\'t have it in for tanguay, which i see now sometimes sneaking into people\'s memories. he played tanguay on the 2nd line for large parts of the season more due to the fact that huselius was absolutley useless on a 2nd line (nevermind that he was only marginally effective on the 1st). right now, i don\'t foresee any potential problems that cammalleri will have playing for keenen.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Mike Cammalleri

Nice analysis UW. As a Cammalleri and Tanguay owner you\'ve convinced me to hold on to both of them a bit longer and see how they do next year.

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Mike Cammalleri

Ari wrote:
    Nice analysis UW. As a Cammalleri and Tanguay owner you\'ve convinced me to hold on to both of them a bit longer and see how they do next year.
    yup, i\'m optimistic for both of them.