Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Radulov LEAVES PREDATORS

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Radulov LEAVES PREDATORS

This doesn\'t make sense to me. I could understand if Rads just came over from Russia directly into the NHL but no he came to North America as an 18 year old and was in the Q for a couple of years. He is a tremendous fan favorite playing for the Ramparts. He is quite climatized to the North American culture too.

It sounds to me that he is playing the KHL card putting everyone on notice that he wants to play under his own conditions. Who\'s his agent? And more importantly, what are his favorable conditions that no NHL team cannot give him? Money? Playing time?...maybe Russian girls?!?

Yeah, I have Rads and I\'m quite peeved
    16 team, 32 player/20 active (2 G 6 D 12 F)
    keep 17

G=2 A=1 PIM=0.2 +/-=1
    Goalie W=4 SO=5 L=-2 P=-1
    G Holtby Kumpher Hiller Poulin Griess Hutchinson
    D Letang Goligoski Carlson Barrie Streit Bouwmeester Beauchemin
    F Crosby Giroux Benn Kunitz Pominville P Bergeron Stepan Parenteau Ennis Zuccarello Atkinson Clarkson Frolik Colborne Lee Morin Kapanen Alfredsson Grachev

Dobber Sports Demi-God

All I wanna say is \"Where do I sign up for a Russian league fantasy hockey pool?\"

Dobber Sports Apprentice

gmw wrote:
    the chance of missing the olympics in 2010 wont be enought to keep him in a situation he doesn\'t want for the next two years...he\'s taking his chances.
    I agree with you on this. It should also be noted that after 2010 the NHL probably won\'t even be going to the Olympics.

I think this is all the NHL\'s fault. The NHL has been very arrogant in terms of how it treats European player development and has been milking it for years for next to nothing.

I also think this is karma for the Malkin situation. Remember, technically Malkin had a contract in Russia. Why is it okay for NHL teams to use shady dealings to obtain players but we get all up in arms when it goes the other way.

The NHL needs to start paying a fair price for all of its talent that is developed abroad. They should count their blessing that they don\'t have a transfer system similar to that of soccer.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Well, the Malkin contract was signed under duress, so it should\'ve been voided from the start.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Stud

if this is true then i\'m going to be sick. i just finished advising a guy to trade for Rad-man.

Dobber Sports Icon

In response to the previous post regarding why Radulov would want to leave (played in the Q and loved it / was loved, acclimatized to North America, etc.), I\'m afraid there are many reasons why he would make this decision, and so believe it is entirely plausible. Consider:

- When he was in the Q and when he signed his entry level deal with Nashville, the Russian leagues weren\'t throwing around money like it was going out of style, we are in a new paradigm here with the oil boom, Gazprom, etc., as another person posted.

- He plays for Nashville and was probably unhappy playing for Trotz giving him 14 minutes ice time.

- He\'s from Russia, and his family is there.

- He would be a giant star and hero in Russia. The nationalism and public patriotism in Russia these days, and the elation amongst wide swaths of the Russian public that accompanies any act that defies the West, would be something he could look forward to in response to such a decision.

- Forget about whatever salary is being offered to him, which itself would probably be in the $3-$4 million range, if not much more. What about the side payment of tons of money, job position, etc., that could be thrown the way of his family if he signs? His dad was at first against \"but has since reconsidered.\" Yeah, I can see why.

For these reasons, I fear this is true, but let\'s hope Dobber is right (the \"let\'s\" being us suffering Rads owners, of course, the rest of you are either upset just at the effect this could have on future young stars playing in the NHL or are laughing uncontrollably at us!). I assume the Preds would sue the hell out of Rads for contract breach, and perhaps the Continental League would undo the contract out of damage control as previously suggested. WE shall see.

Worst thing for me, I have Jagr too!!! The only good thing is my keeper decisions for this year are going from very difficult to no-brainer in a hurry...

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Pro

Sorry added this comment in another thread.

It is only a matter of time before someone of talent signs for good to big money. These Russian Oil Billionaires have the cash to dangle and the benefits are great.

Sleep in your own bed
    Eat your own foods
    Speak your own language ALL THE TIME
    Play the Game you love competitivly
    Make MULTI MILLIONS

The NHL has to get their heads out of the sand. Not eveyone needs to play thousands of miles from their friends, family, and home.

You really think a 22 year old russian kid LIKED spending the season in NASHVILLE for 700 grand, then just under a mil this coming season with your team ignoring your attempts to get a long term deal. All the while, a team in your homeland is promising MILLIONS NOW to bring you home where I am sure you will be treated like a King and Hero.

Yeah. Easy decision there.
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider

Dobber Sports Ace

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Well put as always
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Dobber Sports Ace

Ill wait for the biopic to sort this all out...

From Russia with Radulove

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16200

At a press conference in Moscow today, KHL president Alexander Medvedev responded to questions about the Alexander Radulov situation.

Medvedev said that the verbal understand made in May -- and re-affirmed this week -- for teams to respect valid contracts will be actionable by July 14 (next Monday), if not sooner. He also said the NHL and KHL will provide each other access to databases of player contracts to make certain the impending agreement.

The Gazprom executive also reiterated that the KHL has no quarrel with the NHL, nor is there any effort to create an NHL vs. Europe mentality.

But -- and this is the key part -- Medvedev said that poaching of players that took place before the verbal agreement becomes actionable are not in violation of the understanding.

In other words, the Alexander Radulov signing falls outside the scope of the impending agreement. Likewise the Columbus Blue Jackets\' signing of CSKA\'s Nikita Filatov (their first round pick in the recent Entry Draft) falls outside the boundaries of the agreement.

Not surprisingly, the NHL and the Predators see things quite differently. NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly has issued the following statement: \"It is our understanding, based on the representations made both at our meeting yesterday, but also at an earlier meeting with Mr. Medvedev in May, that the Russian League will not allow a player to play in violation of his contractual obligations in the NHL.\"

In addition, the Predators continue to insist that they expect Radulov at camp in September.

Said GM David Poile in a statement, \"Alex is under contract with the Nashville Predators through the 2008-09 season. We are looking forward to him being here for training camp and being a part of this franchise\'s success for years to come.\"

The IIHF has said that it would consider a Radulov signing by Salavat Yulaev Ufa to be in violation of the verbal agreement that was reached.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Two days ago I traded Anze Kopitar straight up for Radulov. A keeper league, with a salary structure. I truly believed this would be a break-out year for him. Now I am left feeling empty. Didnt Zherdev threaten to do the same thing a couple of years back. What amounted to negotiating tactic.[/size]