Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Radulov LEAVES PREDATORS

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Radulov LEAVES PREDATORS

Report: Radulov leaving Predators for Russia
    TheFourthPeriod.com

According to several Russian-based reports, right wing Alexander Radulov is leaving the Nashville Predators and is returning back home to his native Russia.
    Radulov, 22, has reportedly signed a three-year contract with Salavat Yulaev Ufa of the Russian CHL.

In an interview with Russian sports media outlet Sports Express, Radulov confirmed the signing and indicated that he plans on leaving the Predators.

However, Radulov has one-year remaining on his existing contract with Nashville.

Radulov told Sports Express that his mind is set on Salavat for \"the next three years\" and indicated that his contract is more valuable than the one he signed with the Predators. He claims he notified the Predators of the possibility that he will sign with a Russian squad.
    \"I repeatedly told in them that I had an offer from Ufa and had the enormous desire to play in Russia,\" Radulov said. \"I warned them that I had been offered better conditions than I had in Nashville. They listened and said that they will get back to me. As of now, there was no call. It seems like they didn\'t really want me to stay, or probably - they did not think that take this step.\"

Yesterday, the NHL reached an agreement with Russia\'s Continental Hockey League that was supposed to end the threat of players being lured away by big-money contract offer.

\"Everyone in the room agreed that for the foreseeable future everyone will respect everybody\'s contracts,\" NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly told The Canadian Press.

It\'s uncertain how the Predators and the NHL will react to this reported signing. Messages left for both the team and the league have not yet been returned.

Given the differences in time zones, it\'s not yet known if the Predators are even aware of Radulov decision.

\"So far, no one [in Nashville] knows, as this just occurred several hours ago,\" Radulov said.

Radulov added that his father was originally against him leaving the Predators, but has since warmed up to the idea.

In 81 games with the Predators last season, Radulov registered 26 goals and 32 assists for 58 points. He was drafted 15th overall by the Preds in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.
    Today is the tomorrow I worried about yesterday.

Dobber Sports Ace

He has a contract and he should respect that but in a way you can\'y blame the guy for being frustrated in NSH. He has talent and scores when he is allowed to play but he always seems to get held back (Just ask Dobber)
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Dobber Sports Sage

Until it hits TSN, I won\'t believe it. But I\'ll admit, I\'m still scared as I own him in a league.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Maybe it\'s his way of putting pressure on the Nashville brass to give him some decent ice time.

15 minutes a game is not going to result in the kind of statistical numbers that Radulov wants to take into his next contract talks with the Predators.

To be honest...I\'m choked, but I wanted to hang Barry Trotz up by his buster browns on several occasions last year. Radulov should get the ice time other top rookies have enjoyed.
    Today is the tomorrow I worried about yesterday.

Dobber Sports Sage

I agree. They brought him along slowly his rookie year which is fine but look at how he played in the playoffs.

As the year went on, they should have gradually given him more responsibility. It\'s how he\'d grow into a better player for the future.

Dobber Sports Ace

The frustrating thing for managers was he was held to low minutes compared to what he should have been receiving but everytime he did get on the ice he scored.

At any other club that sort of performance would have got you more ice time BUT not Rads and not in NSH.

Their loss if true.
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Dobber Sports Ace

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK- I hope it\'s all BS. Thanks for this BigB
    Here is the source of info that Fourth period was referring to:http://www.sport-express.ru/
    Translation of that article through Babelfish- russian to English:
    Alexander [RADULOV]: \" IN UFA - IT IS BETTER! \" As became known \" \" , yesterday three year contract with the best club of the country of \" [Salavatom] Of [yulaevym]\" signed the forward team Russia, the champion of peace -2008 Alexander [Radulov]. Return of this young player - already by itself sensation. But the main thing in other: [Radulova] has current agreement from \" [Neshvillom]\"! The sensational transfer of 22-year [Radulova] promises to become the bomb, which on its effect can completely exceed recent communication, that [Yaromir] Of [yagr] decided to speak in favor of \" [Avangard]\". Czech with his entire glory and titles nevertheless approaches sunset of career. Whereas [Radulov], that became in May the champion of peace, is considered one of the brightest young stars [NKHL], not untwisted after the ocean only for one reason - even in the native state of Tennessee \" [Khishchniki]\" they are interesting by far from all. Bomb, as you already know, consists in the fact that in Alexander another year acts the contract of novice from \" [Neshvillom]\". Nevertheless player was decided to the sharp turn in his fate - and exchanged the well folding career in [NKHL], where he, let us recall, he broke through through the [yuniorskuyu] league and [AKHL], to the return to Russia. After several hours after the signing of contract from \" [Salavatom]\" To [radulovu] telephoned the correspondent of \" [SE]\". - When and from whom you did obtain invitation into the Ufa club? - Into \" [Salavat]\" me they invite already second year. With my agent constantly on the connection the general manager of Ufa club Oleg Gross, and about the fact that the club is interested in me, I perfectly well knew. In Ufa outstanding conditions proposed to me, and I decided to sign contract. - You do not feel sorry, that they did not make this by past summer, indeed now they would bear the series title of Russia? And was not said the champion title of \" [Salavata]\" on your selection? - Sense to feel sorry, that it did not move into Ufa by past summer, I do not see. I conducted outstanding season into \" [Neshville]\" (87 games, 62 points - third index in the club. - \" [SE]\&quot. However, concerning my present selection… Me greatly it was desirable to play a little in the strong club, which pretends to the highest places in the championship. Plus important factor proved to be the fact that the command will come out in the League of Champions. Perfectly well I know moreover, what conditions in this club, much heard from the children about the powerful Ufa structure. Therefore to reject was foolish. - Three year contract from \" [Salavatom]\" is implied the possible return to \" [Neshvill]\"? - I signed valuable three year contract and not I think about what departure. All thoughts are connected only from \" [Salavatom]\"! - Your departure from \" [Neshvilla]\" it does mean that you not all did there arrange? - First, I has long ago wanted to play houses, and in the second place, the condition, which to me proposed into \" [Salavate]\" , where it is more interesting than those that they were in the overseas club. - The management of \" [Neshvilla]\" it is informed about your departure? - I repeatedly told in them that in me is a proposal from Ufa the enormous desire to play a little to Russia, it warned also about the fact that to me propose the conditions better than into \" [Neshville]\". They listened me - and they said that they [perezvonyat]. Until now, of no bell it was… It is obtained, they did not greatly want me to hold, but can - they did not think that I will be decided to this step. - About the new contract you already reported to the management of \" [Neshvilla]\"? - Thus far even about this no one knows, therefore as occurred all several hours back. - You do not fear, that, taking into account your acting contract from \" [Neshvillom]\" , the management of overseas club will insist on your disqualification? - I do not fear. Since there are no agreements between our [ligami], no problems arise must. - About your passage it will now be conversations more than about the arrival into Russia Of [yagra]. Are ready to be in the center attention? - I do not think that they will speak more about me, indeed [Yagr] - star. Although, honestly speaking, to me nevertheless, my matter - to play into the hockey. And I returned to Russia in order to play, but not to read newspaper. - Some young players - for example, line soldier Of [filatov], vomit in [NKHL]. What you to it would advise, indeed once they did leave for the ocean at his age? - All the fact is that I left, without having on the hands of contract, whereas [Filatov] already concluded agreement from \" [Kolambusom]\". - You be \" [Neshvill]\" with starrier club, would be decided you to the departure? - I do not know. - As did react for your solution relatives, friends? - First dad was against my departure into Russia. But then changed its opinion. - With someone of your partners in the gold Russian team, that speak in favor of \" [Salavat]\" , the forthcoming passage they did discuss? - Yes, recently he talked with [Leshey] [Tereshchenko]. It to me much good described about the command, about the city, said that in Ufa greatly they love hockey. Useful came out conversation. - For you road in [NKHL] was such complex - through the minor leagues, and now you with the overseas league were requested. And, judging by everything, without the special regrets… - The next three years I will conduct in Russia, and which will be then - let us look. - Are such your nearest plans? - On Sunday together with the goblet of the champions of peace I depart in my native lower [Tagil]. But already on Wednesday I will begin in Ufa to be prepared for the season.
    My keeper squad on this 10 team, no positional requirement league (except 1 goalie and 1 NHL team). Points only: Parise, Kopitar, Hemsky, Brunette, J Staal, Okposo, Doan, Roy, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Krejci, Oshie, Eberle, Little, Filpulla, Steen, Filatov, Hudler, H.Lundqvist, + NHL Team LA.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I just traded MacArthur and Downie for him three nights ago!!!

Why????Why??????

That this might happen but not until next year.....

This sucks

Dobber Sports Sage

willdog wrote:
    I just traded MacArthur and Downie for him three nights ago!!!

Why????Why??????

That this might happen but not until next year.....

This sucks
    You traded that little for him? That\'s one of the worst deals I have seen. 2 guys who have a ceiling of 70 points for a potential 100-110 scorer.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I would say that this is pretty much a done deal at this point. It is sad that he wasn\'t willing to honor his contract and I am sure that keeper league manages that own him are rather upset by this news. Here is another source for confirmation:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080711...v_080711092040

Dobber Sports Initiate

What a f*cking sell out, I hate barry Trotz, and this honestly pisses me off a lot, as I own this bum in 2 competitive keepers.

I...am your father.

We can print all the sources we want here...but the bottom line is this entire story is coming from one source - that Russian site. All other sources are getting it from one source. Radulov will not be allowed in the Olympics if he does not honor his contract with Nashville, so that\'s the end of it. He\'s staying.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Novice

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I\'m not sure Dobber...

i think you\'re only speaking now as a Radulov lover and owner...

he\'s gone.

the chance of missing the olympics in 2010 wont be enought to keep him in a situation he doesn\'t want for the next two years...he\'s taking his chances.

glad I don\'t own Radulov....and i\'m glad the team in my league that has him is getting screwed.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

this is bout the only thing ive found so far today at nhl.com
    theres nothin in the nashville papers of course (that comment was drenched in sarcasim) - what i do find most troublin is the deafinin silence from nashville, radulov and the nhl- i would think in the 12-24 hrs since the story broke there would be somethin concrete from some1...

Bill Meltzer NHL.com

On Radulov and the \'peace agreement\'
    July 11, 2008, 7:42 AM ET

As of this writing, I can\'t verify the accuracy of reports from Russia about the Nashville Predators\' Alexander Radulov skipping out on the final year of his entry-level contract to sign a three-year deal with Russian champion Salavat Yulaev Ufa. I haven\'t been chasing this story so much as trying to see whether it\'s plausible.

For those who don\'t already know, Sport-Express in Russia published an interview with Radulov in which the player is quoted as confirming that he\'s leaving the Predators for Salavat Yulaev. So far, one English-language wire service has picked up the report.

Here\'s what I can add: If the report is accurate, Salavat Yulaev has violated the understanding that the NHL, IIHF, various European hockey federations and the NHLPA have come to in which valid contracts are to be respected in lieu of a transfer agreement. Notice I said understanding, not agreement.

What was actually created is a working group to put in writing a formal agreement specifying the terms of such an agreement, including the method of handling disagreements regarding the validity of transfers and existing contracts. The parties will also attempt once again to find enough common ground to move forward with negotiations for a new transfer agreement.

In other words, if Salavat Yulaev violated the spirit of the understanding -- in which all parties pledged to cooperate -- there\'s still nothing in writing that would stop them. It would be up to the Continental Hockey League to void the Radulov contract, which they may do in order to keep the peace.
    12 team yahoo h2h (standard scorin) dynasty

c- j toews/j carter/n backstrom/j tavaras
    lw- a ovechkin/d sedin/t vanek
    rw- j pominville/j voracek/a hemsky/p kessel
    d-s weber/ a goligoski
    g- r miller/s mason/s varlamov/m nuevirth