Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Its time to end this charade

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Its time to end this charade

The only first round players drafted behind Turris that you would take over Turris are Voracek, Couture, and Pacioretty. The only two players you'd take after the first round from the 2007 draft is Subban (2nd round) and Jamie Benn (4th round).

Based on the fact that Turris is the 6th best player from his draft year, you just can't call that a "bust". Busts don't stay in the league. Is he what Phoenix was hoping for? Probs not. But clearly at the time of the draft year, None of Subban, Benn, or Pacioretty were ranked in the top 10 North American skaters. So everybody whiffed on those three. In fact Logan Couture wasn't rated in the top 10 NA skaters earlier either. So, of the 5 players from the draft you would take over Turris, FOUR of them are as good as they are today because they developed very well into very good players AFTER they were drafted. The only one who was ranked in the same range was Voracek.

So. What they were hoping for when he was drafted? Non. Draft bust? Definitely not.

Banned

Ottawa is gonna change its name to Ottawa Busters

TM don't forget they also got Bobby "I suck" Ryan. drafted 2nd overall.

if karlsson played anywhere else but in Ottawa (he's all they got), the team would be a fantasy hockey graveyard of washed up players

Dobber Sports Titan

I don’t get how TM can say no one is backing up our statements that Turris isnt a bust. We’re calling the sky blue, and stating facts. TM is calling the sky red, and saying, “Ya state the facts that it’s not red” “HAHA you just typed in blue. That stat doesn’t mean anything!” “Maybe since the skys not yellow, means that there’s a chance it could be red”

ARGH. I hate how much TM gets me rallied up
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

@SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

Just a theory here, but TM = Don Maloney?
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    The only first round players drafted behind Turris that you would take over Turris are Voracek, Couture, and Pacioretty. The only two players you'd take after the first round from the 2007 draft is Subban (2nd round) and Jamie Benn (4th round).

Based on the fact that Turris is the 6th best player from his draft year, you just can't call that a "bust". Busts don't stay in the league. Is he what Phoenix was hoping for? Probs not. But clearly at the time of the draft year, None of Subban, Benn, or Pacioretty were ranked in the top 10 North American skaters. So everybody whiffed on those three. In fact Logan Couture wasn't rated in the top 10 NA skaters earlier either. So, of the 5 players from the draft you would take over Turris, FOUR of them are as good as they are today because they developed very well into very good players AFTER they were drafted. The only one who was ranked in the same range was Voracek.

So. What they were hoping for when he was drafted? Non. Draft bust? Definitely not.

quit making excuses......turdis may not be pavel brendl or alexandre daigle but who is???

i agree turdis is good enough to be in the NHL

turdis however was HYPED by many to be more than a 55 pt player.....because thats what he is.....a 55 pt player.....hardly 3rd overall material

hes bust plain and simple based on his draft position and hype.....NHL scouts im positive will say he didnt pan out as many thought....

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    so what is it? is he a bust or no?

i just state facts

people stating hes not a bust is no different than saying the sky is red.....back it up.....stats leadership FACTS...everything points to Turdis being not worthy of a 3rd overall pick

mats zuccarello outpointed him last year!!!!!! SHAME!!!!!!!!
    So back up your point man. Who from that draft was worthy of the 3rd overall pick? Obviously you'll likely pick Jamie Benn or PK Subban, which is plain STUPID, because nobody was drafting them that high! Sure they developed in to great players, but the entire league passed on Subban once and Benn 3 times.

So realistically, who should have gone third overall? Considering you think Turris' point output is what makes him a bust, both Couture (65 point career high) and Voracek (62 point career high) would also be busts at that spot. Unless you want to embarrass yourself and argue that a 7 point difference in points is the difference between a bust and a great pick.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I don’t get how TM can say no one is backing up our statements that Turris isnt a bust. We’re calling the sky blue, and stating facts. TM is calling the sky red, and saying, “Ya state the facts that it’s not red” “HAHA you just typed in blue. That stat doesn’t mean anything!” “Maybe since the skys not yellow, means that there’s a chance it could be red”

ARGH. I hate how much TM gets me rallied up
    enlighten us all on your facts that turdis is not a bust

stats verify hes a bust

DOBBER WILL acknowledge that Turdis didnt pan out as expected.....what you see is what you get...hes not getting better.....hes a 55 pt player...hardly 3rd overall material....

#dobberknows

quit making excuses......turdis may not be pavel brendl or alexandre daigle but who is???

i agree turdis is good enough to be in the NHL

turdis however was HYPED by many to be more than a 55 pt player.....because thats what he is.....a 55 pt player.....hardly 3rd overall material

hes bust plain and simple based on his draft position and hype.....NHL scouts im positive will say he didnt pan out as many thought....
    Based on your criteria, at the 2007 draft, after the Hawks took Patrick Kane, Bettman should have just gone to the podium and announced "Everyone else in the draft sucks, so we're just going to stop it here. Nobody else will be making a selection."

Good thing we've had this exercise and learned that.

Banned

another big fat bust is Legwand, who also happens to play in Ottawa lol.

drafted 2nd overall just like Ryan (also a bust)

Ottawa Busters is pretty catchy

Dobber Sports Stud

So back up your point man. Who from that draft was worthy of the 3rd overall pick? Obviously you'll likely pick Jamie Benn or PK Subban, which is plain STUPID, because nobody was drafting them that high! Sure they developed in to great players, but the entire league passed on Subban once and Benn 3 times.

So realistically, who should have gone third overall? Considering you think Turris' point output is what makes him a bust, both Couture (65 point career high) and Voracek (62 point career high) would also be busts at that spot. Unless you want to embarrass yourself and argue that a 7 point difference in points is the difference between a bust and a great pick.

im not embarassed......turdis owners are.....hes a bust......worthy maybe of a 3rd rd selection but not top 5

BUST

Dobber Sports Stud

Based on your criteria, at the 2007 draft, after the Hawks took Patrick Kane, Bettman should have just gone to the podium and announced "Everyone else in the draft sucks, so we're just going to stop it here. Nobody else will be making a selection."

so what your really saying is turdis was the 3rd best of a shit draft?

even worse. pure bust.

Dobber Sports Titan

Last edited by Dobber; October 31, 2014 at 2:09 PM. Reason: need to click 'share' on the youtube page and use that link I guess
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

im not embarassed......turdis owners are.....hes a bust......worthy maybe of a 3rd rd selection but not top 5

BUST
    so what your really saying is turdis was the 3rd best of a shit draft?

even worse. pure bust.
    Now you're just making yourself look silly. You come on here beating this drum, demanding FACTS and ANSWERS and for people to BACK UP THEIR POINT.

And I ask you a simple question and ask you to back up your point and you completely avoid it (presumably because you know you don't have a good answer)?

That's embarrassing for you man, not a good look.

Dobber Sports Stud

Now you're just making yourself look silly. You come on here beating this drum, demanding FACTS and ANSWERS and for people to BACK UP THEIR POINT.

And I ask you a simple question and ask you to back up your point and you completely avoid it (presumably because you know you don't have a good answer)?

That's embarrassing for you man, not a good look.

turdis stats are available via the internet for all to see since he was drafted........hes a bust.........i dont need anything more....corsi cant save turdis....