Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Radulov leaving for Russia? What is this garbage?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Raduklov leaving for Russia? WTF is this garbage?

That\'s why I believe this rumour...playing with a leash...cannot be fun.

And after scoring he does the Ovechkin dance and is told quietly to \"settle down\"...instaed of embracing his fire...they have destroyed it.

I...am your father.

This won\'t happen. If he loves Russia enough to go back to it, then he loves it enough to play on their Olympic team. And the only way he can do that is if he honors his NHL contract.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Initiate

god damn dobber i hope your right on this one

Dobber Sports Sage

dcarrbaby wrote:
    Me too!

Dobber Sports Guru

you guys panicking need to read the article a little closer.

while there is still no proper \"transfer agreement\", everyone has shaken hands and made nice so that now players under contract can\'t go anywhere. Rads is under contract for the rest of the season, so he\'s at the very least playing another year in the music city. take that to the bank!!

after that of course, and IF he doesn\'t re-up sometime before July 1, 2009, THEN he is totally free to go. but its not going to happen, and here\'s a few reasons why:

1. the KHL, despite the deals they\'ve been rumoured to have thrown around lately, is still a much more small-time league. smaller arenas, fewer teams, less talent, less money, dubious profitability (the two ways that the NHL mainly makes money, gates and TV, don\'t get it done over there... hence the selling-of-souls sponsorship).

2. if radulov cared all that much about being a huge star back home, he wouldn\'t have come over at the first opportunity to play major junior in canada. he would\'ve stayed over for a few more years and made his money, earlier.

3. this is a negotiating ploy, dummies! hell, in the earlier TSN article today about the transfer \"agreement\", NHLPA boss paul kelly is even quoted as saying that he thinks its a good thing! players saying that they are considering KHL offers now have an entirely new bargaining chip that was unavailable in the past. and if a particular agent (er, i mean player) was anything but asleep at the wheel, he would use this bargaining chip well in advance of contract negotiating time to help himself get more money.... and omg, more playing time!!!!

poile: \"how\'s our future superstar doing, barry?\"
    trotz: \"hmm, he\'s still coming along slowly dave. i think i\'ll leave him on the 4th line until he gets his act together. what\'s he gonna do, leave the NHL?\"
    poile: \"you\'re fired, you damned moron. i even liked you. now YOU can leave the NHL. thats called irony, biatch.\"

anyway, i\'m not worried is the message i\'m trying to send here. the NHL is still, and will continue to be for the foreseeable future, the premier league of the entire planet. jaromir jagr, ray emery (good riddance!) and chris simon won\'t change that.

my own personal view is that competition always produces a better product, even if there is some short-term hurt. rest easy friends!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I truly believe that making money is what the NHL tries to do...I don\'t think it matters to the Russians in this go round...

It\'s about bringing respectability back to Russian hockey.

They have all the money needed...as they are run by Gazprom...

And Gazprom has 4 Trillion in assets, and made 80 billion last year. The major share holder is the Russian Government and both the KHL and Gazprom are run by the same guy, Medvedev...

The Russian government does with Gazprom\'s money what it chooses to. The other oligarchs such as Abramovich are expected to help finance the Russian governments pet projects and in exchange the Russian government doesn\'t persecute them for the way they made their money after communism fell. Russia is as much of a corporation these days as it is a country.

Banned

precisely Prairie Fire, and THAT is why we need to be at least a little scared of this...the NHL has a cap, the KHL with their backing could absorb all the caps of all the teams in the NHL if they really wanted to. I certainly agree its not time to panic yet but we need to recognize that this could very likely turn into a very real \'problem\' in the next few years...you could get players using the NHL as a high intensity training ground/farm team type system to prepare them for the KHL hmy:

btw ultrawhite, I believe a transfer agreement was just signed was it not? Or did I misread that today?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

mister_mcgoo wrote:
    precisely Prairie Fire, and THAT is why we need to be at least a little scared of this...the NHL has a cap, the KHL with their backing could absorb all the caps of all the teams in the NHL if they really wanted to. I certainly agree its not time to panic yet but we need to recognize that this could very likely turn into a very real \'problem\' in the next few years...you could get players using the NHL as a high intensity training ground/farm team type system to prepare them for the KHL hmy:

btw ultrawhite, I believe a transfer agreement was just signed was it not? Or did I misread that today?
    It\'s not a transfer agreement. It\'s a cease-fire of sorts, to make sure that all leagues respect the contracts that are in place and don\'t snipe players, making them in breach of contract. They\'ve apparently renewed efforts to iron out a proper transfer agreement, invited Medvedev to the proceedings, etc.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Damn, I think this is legit ... a translation of a Russian interview with Radulov:

- When and from whom have you received the invitation to the Ufa club?

- I was invited to \"Salavat\" already in my second year. My agent was constantly in communication with the general manager of the Ufa club, Oleg Gross, and I knew perfectly that the club was interested in me. Ufa has offered me excellent terms, and I have decided to sign the contract.

- Have you already informed the management of \"Nashville\" about the new contract?

- For the time being, nobody knows about it, because it all happened not many hours ago.

- Are you not afraid that, considering your valid contract with \"Nashville\", the managment of the overseas club will insist on your disqualification?

- I am not afraid. As there is no agreement between our leagues, no problems whatsoever should arise.
    http://www.sport-express.ru/art.shtml?162420
    10-team dynasty H2H(12F-6D-2G) -- Gls, Asts 1 pt each, goalie win 1.5 pts, SO 2 pts.

F: Antropov, Berglund, Brown, Connolly B., Dalpe, Datsyuk, Dumont, Eller, Frolik, Gaborik, Huselius, Koivu M., Marleau, Mueller, Neal, Pavelski, Sedin H., Stepan, Zajac

D: Boyle, Jovanovski, Letang, McBain, Robidas, Russel, Seidenberg, Shattenkirk, Visnovsky, Wideman,

G: Kiprusoff, Neuvirth, Rinne, Smith M.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Considering Rads apparently signed his deal yesterday...and the NHL did their deal today...I\'m wondering if one was in response to the other...with the NHL trying to do quick damage control...

Banned

sentium wrote:
    It\'s not a transfer agreement. It\'s a cease-fire of sorts, to make sure that all leagues respect the contracts that are in place and don\'t snipe players, making them in breach of contract. They\'ve apparently renewed efforts to iron out a proper transfer agreement, invited Medvedev to the proceedings, etc.
    thanx for clarifying man, i skim read the article earlier and missed that.

I wonder if Rads will be excluded because he signed pre-cease fire? Probably not I would guess but i guess we\'ll see.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Menacer wrote:
    Damn, I think this is legit ... a translation of a Russian interview with Radulov:

- When and from whom have you received the invitation to the Ufa club?

- I was invited to \"Salavat\" already in my second year. My agent was constantly in communication with the general manager of the Ufa club, Oleg Gross, and I knew perfectly that the club was interested in me. Ufa has offered me excellent terms, and I have decided to sign the contract.

- Have you already informed the management of \"Nashville\" about the new contract?

- For the time being, nobody knows about it, because it all happened not many hours ago.

- Are you not afraid that, considering your valid contract with \"Nashville\", the managment of the overseas club will insist on your disqualification?

- I am not afraid. As there is no agreement between our leagues, no problems whatsoever should arise.
    http://www.sport-express.ru/art.shtml?162420
    PrairieFire wrote:
    Considering Rads apparently signed his deal yesterday...and the NHL did their deal today...I\'m wondering if one was in response to the other...with the NHL trying to do quick damage control...
    This is seeming more and more legit the more I read about it and think about it. At first I just thought it was some aggressive negotiating tactic from Radulov, but that interview certainly seems dire. And if his deal was signed before the cease-fire agreement, then it won\'t be affected by any of the repercussions. It will be really interesting to see how this turns out.

If he goes to Russia, that means that in just a few months one of the GMs in my league will have lost Bourdon in that tragic accident, Emery and now Radulov to Russia.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Sage

Well this seriously would put a cripple on my worst of my 3 keeper teams. I\'d definitely still hang onto him though. I sure hope this doesn\'t happen.

I...am your father.

playmaker26 wrote:
    dcarrbaby wrote:
    Me too!
    Hey - I\'m only wrong 48% of the time
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

was sniffin around the nashville blogs and came across stuff by brandon felder, whos blog is pretty good and this was his thoughts... i cant get the link to copy and past for some reason but these are some of his quotes-

\"I wouldn\'t trust this. I called the Preds, and they have not even heard about it till I tipped them to it. That indicates to me this is false.\"

\"I did the necessary call to the Preds and so I\'ve done my due diligence. Rudy isn\'t going to Russia until the Preds say so, and there is such a thing as a false report.\"

for what its worth i dont believe the story but it does seem to be gainin steam, but only on message boards- anyway, just thought id post what i could dig up- you can get to his blog through the nashville tennessian if youd like to check it out urself
    12 team yahoo h2h (standard scorin) dynasty

c- j toews/j carter/n backstrom/j tavaras
    lw- a ovechkin/d sedin/t vanek
    rw- j pominville/j voracek/a hemsky/p kessel
    d-s weber/ a goligoski
    g- r miller/s mason/s varlamov/m nuevirth