Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Radulov leaving for Russia? What is this garbage?

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Radulov leaving for Russia? What is this garbage?

WTF??!!?

Wishful thinking? Or serious threat?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Raduklov leaving for Russia? WTF is this garbage?

not exactly sure why he would do this...all he has to do to get big bucks is play this year then wait for an offer sheet next season because if he dosnt want to be in NSH someone will offer him a big money offer sheet i mean look what Penner got last year and tack on another Mil or so

Dobber Sports Padawan

Ya I heard about this earlier today... but with the new transfer agreement, is this even possible? isnt he under contract for one more year?
    Hellfish Hockey League
    www.Hellfishhockey.ca

In The Crease
    www.inthecrease.ca

Dobber Sports Prodigy

wow,its looking more and more like the Russian league is going to be more of a threat than we\'ve anticipated. As far as Radulov goes I say good riddance to his lackluster effort and work ethic, he could easily have been a star in the NHL had he only applied himself.
    12 Team H2H
    G A +/- PIM HITS GWG PPP SHP W GAA S% SO

Mark my words, Rads will be in Nsh this season

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Last week I warned everyone (when they were laughing and making fun of these upstarts) that I\'ve seen this before and cautioned them not to take this new league lightly.

Everyone slammed me...but I\'ll say it again...all it took then was one big name signing...and the new owners knew it then...and apparently they know it now...

Bobby Hull signed with Winnipeg and the rest is history...btw...at that time...all the teams pitched in to help pay for Hull\'s Million...just cuz they knew the rest would follow.

Don\'t forget they had Gretzky and Messier and a host of others.

The KHL truied Malkin and others...enter Jagr...and what we have here...is a dilemna...that hopefully doesn\'t snowball into an avalanche.

And don\'t think it\'ll be just Russians that go...every single middle of the road player that can double his salary will think about it.

Every prospect coming into the NHL will look at the 500 thousand...or 5 million...put yourself in their shoes...hmmm...at 18...what would you have done???

Be scared...if this IS true...and Bettman doesn\'t fix this immediately...BE VERY SCARED...as the NHL will be VERY different...for the next few years!!! hmy:

If it\'s true, I think I\'m gonna cry. Can\'t stand the thought of the breakout year... somewhere in Siberia.

Is it possible that Radulov is trying to put some pressure on the Preds (a new contract, a trade, who knows) ?

Still, if it\'s true, I think I\'m gonna cry. And I agree that this new russian league sure looks ready to do some serious damage in Bettman\'s World. Can we really blame them ?

If the NHL turns into a beer league in a few years, maybe all of us can move to Russia and start new pools there ?

Need something to drink now. :S

Dobber Sports Expert

Messier and Gretzky played in the WHA because they were too young for the NHL. When Messier was old enough, he was drafted by Edmonton.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

repenttokyo wrote:
    Messier and Gretzky played in the WHA because they were too young for the NHL. When Messier was old enough, he was drafted by Edmonton.
    Edmonton was in the WHA silly...and Gretz was bought from the Stingers...when Cincinatti folded :blink:

Dobber Sports Expert

PrairieFire wrote:
    repenttokyo wrote:
    Edmonton was in the WHA silly...and Gretz was bought from the Stingers :blink:
    Messier did not play for edmonton in the WHA. He was drafted by Edmonton in 1979 by the Oilers in the NHL.

He played for Indy and for Cincinatti as a 17 year old in the WHA.

Gretz was bought from the Indianapolis Racers, not the Stingers.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I appologize...You are correct...however...that doesn\'t take away the major impact this will have...if alowed to stand...again if true...as I believe the new deal...only is for monetary compenstion...if things like this happen.

Dobber Sports Expert

no need to apologize - it\'s just details!

I too think the league COULD have an affect on the NHL - but think of it this way - what if it just cleans out all the 5th line, peripheral players from NHL rosters, leaving only the elite?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

That would be fine...but what if the 18 year olds that may be a 70 point guy that has the potential to make 3 million in 5-6 years...gets a chance to start at 5 million...instead of 500 thousand for 3 years...which do you choose at 18?

If you are a star...you\'ll play here...if you are third and fourth liners..maybe not so much.

And if they go...more fluff...or under developed rookies will fill the roster...anyone remember replacement players...yikes

Dobber Sports Expert

I think a league that hands out 5 million dollar contracts to unproven rookies is taking a lot of risk!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

i am not in the least bit hoping that he goes over - but you have to (privately) admit (or consider) that a russian player who has lights-out ridiiiiiiculous talent/skills and is playing under the Neck\'s coaching system where he is handcuffed (and given half the minutes deserved to flourish?) in his playing style/potential... at least would consider playing overseas where he\'d be a GOD on skates in no time.

no?

i hope to high heaven he stays here and becomes what he could on North American soil - so much better for the future of our league... stay rads\' stay!

- -
    Stats: G A PPP SHP PIM +/- GWG FW (goalie W GAA SV% SHO)
    12Team - H2H - WEEKLY changes -
    *keeper - Hybrid 1yr/Keeper league