Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Dat Goalie Controversy in Anaheim

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Dat Goalie Controversy in Anaheim

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    Fool, have you seen Gibson's new blocker? Nothing screams 1A like it
    Ah Snap! Really? Nope. Didn't see it... but Chicago sure as hell did last night! lol

Dobber Sports Genius

I still believe, as I did going into the season, that for the time being, Gibson will already display a very high level of play at times but is also think that he will display inconsistency at times which I feel Andersen has a better grip on at this point in their developments. At the end of the day, Andersen should show to be more seasoned as emerge as the ducks go to guy as the season progresses and into the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Posts like these are exactly why we saw some HORRIBLE trades involving Gibson this summer. The hype is far beyond overboard, it's ridiculous.
    The best was seeing all the people keeping Gibson in keep 6's.
    Now, hindsight is obviously 20/20, but yea. The hype was unreal at the time.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    I still believe, as I did going into the season, that for the time being, Gibson will already display a very high level of play at times but is also think that he will display inconsistency at times which I feel Andersen has a better grip on at this point in their developments. At the end of the day, Andersen should show to be more seasoned as emerge as the ducks go to guy as the season progresses and into the playoffs.
    NOt that I disagree terribly with this rationale, but if we were just talking about inconsistency, you are suggest that 35 games played (not even half a season) denotes a better grip on development in the NHL in that a goalie with 35 games has developed well enough to not demonstrate inconsistencies?

I think it's easy to forget that Andersen still only have 35 games of NHL experience. Admitedly 29 more games than Gibson. Factor in Playoffs and Andersen is 35/7 games played while Gibson is 6/4 (Season/Playoffs).

Andersen didn't demonstrate much in the way of inconsistency last year (UNTIL THE PLAYOFFS looking at the numbers)
    Argueably, Gibson's only inconsistent game came this year in his first start. Other than that...Gibson has been light and the definition of consistency.

Not suggesting Gibson is immune to inconsistency, but 35 season games does not a veteren goalie make IMO.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

As a Montrealer, I will always remember the first three years of Carey Price, the best goalie prospect there was. Brillant but inconsistent execution and being almost chased out of the city with tar and feathers at each season' end.

We'll see how Gibson (and Andersen) turn out but I think it may be similar to this (without the tar and feather, ANA not being Mtl and all...)
    Daily Yahoo! H2H
    12 teams - 20 players - Keep 10

G / A / PPA / PPG / +- / GWG / SH / SOG
    W / SV% / GAA / SO

The Blades of Steel
    C: Backstrom. Schenn[W]. Miller[W]. Namestnikov[W].
    W: Benn[C]. Kreider. JVR. Atkinson. Neal. Teravainen[C]. Jenner[C]. Vrana. Gallagher
    D: OEL. Burns. Pietrangelo. Yandle.
    G: Andersen. Lundqvist. Markstrom.

Min. 4 starts in goal / week
    Start 3C - 4W - 4D - 1Util - 2G

Dobber Sports Star

It's just a case of riding the hot goalie, who ever that may be. Gibson loses and Andersen runs for a while. It will be like this all season unless one plays really bad.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    NOt that I disagree terribly with this rationale, but if we were just talking about inconsistency, you are suggest that 35 games played (not even half a season) denotes a better grip on development in the NHL in that a goalie with 35 games has developed well enough to not demonstrate inconsistencies?

I think it's easy to forget that Andersen still only have 35 games of NHL experience. Admitedly 29 more games than Gibson. Factor in Playoffs and Andersen is 35/7 games played while Gibson is 6/4 (Season/Playoffs).

Andersen didn't demonstrate much in the way of inconsistency last year (UNTIL THE PLAYOFFS looking at the numbers)
    Argueably, Gibson's only inconsistent game came this year in his first start. Other than that...Gibson has been light and the definition of consistency.

Not suggesting Gibson is immune to inconsistency, but 35 season games does not a veteren goalie make IMO.
    Yes. Only a couple dozen more NHL games but a considerable amount more professional level games in general. European leagues aren't the NHL for sure but many a European goalie have cut their teeth there and come over ready. I feel Andersen is in this category.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by islefan31 View Post
    It's just a case of riding the hot goalie, who ever that may be. Gibson loses and Andersen runs for a while. It will be like this all season unless one plays really bad.
    It isn't just about one goalie losing and the other taking over. Andersen had won against BUF but Gibson started the next game against CLB. ANA want both goalies to play as much as possible while maximizing the team's chances of winning. You can't leave one goalie on the bench for too long even if the other is winning. I still see something like 65-35 split in games played when the season's done, in favour of Andersen.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    My favorite was the guy who talked about giving away Malkin to get Gibson.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Forest View Post
    As a Montrealer, I will always remember the first three years of Carey Price, the best goalie prospect there was. Brillant but inconsistent execution and being almost chased out of the city with tar and feathers at each season' end.

We'll see how Gibson (and Andersen) turn out but I think it may be similar to this (without the tar and feather, ANA not being Mtl and all...)
    Great comparison!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    It isn't just about one goalie losing and the other taking over. Andersen had won against BUF but Gibson started the next game against CLB. ANA want both goalies to play as much as possible while maximizing the team's chances of winning. You can't leave one goalie on the bench for too long even if the other is winning. I still see something like 65-35 split in games played when the season's done, in favour of Andersen.
    The only way to truly win is to have them both handcuffed and to cheer for both each and every game!

Administrator

Nothing is guaranteed here either way. Andersen started the year as #1 and Gibson is the long-term golden boy. But how it plays out in the coming months is anyone's guess.

I still laugh at those that freaked out in the first week after Gibson was sent down though.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    That's a yearly fixture on these forums, too many folks fall in love with their prospects and over-hype them to the point that all reason is lost.

Gibson, Nichuskin, Kuzenetsov, Nylander, and Drouin were the crop for this year, next year we'll have another crop, it's like clockwork.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    The only way to truly win is to have them both handcuffed and to cheer for both each and every game!
    I have Andersen and I think about grabbing Gibson off FA just about every day of the week to handcuff them. I'm just waiting for one of my skaters to struggle...oddly enough they've all been too solid to drop. But Ladd got close.
    Team1 - 12 Team Yahoo Daily H2H Cash League
    C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR+, IR+
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    -
    C: McDavid, Scheifele, Larkin
    LW: Huberdeau, Hoffman, Guentzel
    RW: Fiala, Gusev
    D: Hughes, Yandle, Toews, Ristolainen, DeAngelo
    G: Andersen, Koskinen, Sorokin

Team2 - 12 Team Yahoo Daily H2H Cash League
    C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR+, IR+
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits, W, GAA, SV%, SHO