Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Dat Goalie Controversy in Anaheim

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Dat Goalie Controversy in Anaheim

Gibson beasting as you would expect him to. Chicago threw a LOT of shots at him tonight but couldn't get it through.

Despite Anderson's great play, I am pretty sure the golden boy has become 1A
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Default Re: Dat Goalie Controversy in Anaheim

Last 6 goalies to start against Chicago:

Gibson: 38 saves, 0GA
    Anderson: 43 saves, 2GA
    Elliot: 22 saves, 2GA
    Rinne: 30 saves, 2GA
    Mason: 39 saves, 4GA
    Hutton: 35 saves, 2GA

Yes, Gibson's SV% and GAA are the best of the bunch but I don't think this bumps Gibson that far up, he isn't the first guy to make Chicago look less than incredible- they can't seem to find the back of the net and it's not always the quality of the goalie as you can see!
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    Gibson beasting as you would expect him to. Chicago threw a LOT of shots at him tonight but couldn't get it through.

Despite Anderson's great play, I am pretty sure the golden boy has become 1A
    And I am pretty sure you're wrong.

He may become that one day but after playing 2 of last 3, you're ready to conclude that already?
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Ace

Still work to do, but a very strong and encouraging trend since he asked to go down & play those 2 AHL games...as an owner of Gibson I'm hoping the time is coming sometime this season
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)

Dobber Sports Wizard

He's the 1A because he got a shutout? Andersen is 6-1 this season.

Man this carousel is just not going to end, I don't think I'll be able to handle the overreaction threads this season about Gibson.

I will admit it's a little worrisome that the Ducks went back to Gibson so quickly after Andersen's only poor game of the season. They do seem to be pushing their golden boy pretty hard, and I wonder if he can take the job as long as he doesn't piss it away.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    They do seem to be pushing their golden boy pretty hard
    john_gibson_usa_080612.jpg
    1 year 16 team H2H - G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,HIT,BLK - W,GAA,SV%,SHO
    F S Stamkos, E Kane, A Lee, R Rakell, C Atkinson, D Brown, N Bjugstad, S Aho
    D E Karlsson, R Ristolainen, M Giordano, I Provorov
    G D Dubnyk, R Luongo, J Saros
    IR+ M Stone

A shutout performance on the road in Chicago in one game does not make a 1A goalie.

It does however open some eyes and serves notice to Andersen to stay on his game and pushes him.

This is a good thing when one goalie pushes the other.
    Anderson is still the starter and not a 1A/1B timeshare.

Andersen is 6-1 1.69 GAA .940 SV%!!

I chalk Gibson's game up as a damn strong perforamce, but the crease belongs to Andersen.

I would have to agree with a few fellow members. One game doesn't give you the starting job, however if Andersen falters again and Gibson keeps up like this then yes we could have a controversy brewing. For now its still Andersen's net, but he has been shown a reminder.
    [I]12 Team Salary Cap Keeper:
    Fowards: Points Only
    Defenseman: Points & .1 points for hits and BS
    Goalies: 2 pts for win & 3 pts for shutout.

Dobber Sports Stud

No, it was never Anderson's net. The job has always been Gibson's:

Gibson took the 1A late last season as well as late into the playoffs and never looked back.

Gibson was the one who started the season opener - that in itself is a big sign of how both goalies are viewed.

Of course the 6-1 record is going to be brought up - they were rolling with Anderson not just because he was winning, but to push Gibson after he was lit up by Pittsburgh in the season opener.
    Most NHL goalies playing for Anaheim would do well, it isn't so much that Anderson was exceptional as much as it is that Anaheim is exceptional.

The biggest indicator is that at the first sign of trouble, despite Anderson's 6 wins, Gibson returned to the net in Chicago- against arguably the toughest team in the league. A 1A is played against the toughest team in the league, not a 1B.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Gibson took the 1A late last season as well as late into the playoffs and never looked back.

Gibson was the one who started the season opener - that in itself is a big sign of how both goalies are viewed.

Of course the 6-1 record is going to be brought up - they were rolling with Anderson not just because he was winning, but to push Gibson after he was lit up by Pittsburgh in the season opener.
    Most NHL goalies playing for Anaheim would do well, it isn't so much that Anderson was exceptional as much as it is that Anaheim is exceptional.

The biggest indicator is that at the first sign of trouble, despite Anderson's 6 wins, Gibson returned to the net in Chicago- against arguably the toughest team in the league. A 1A is played against the toughest team in the league, not a 1B.
    You are misinformed. When exactly did Gibson take the number one job? When Andersen got injured in the playoffs and Gibson played 2 or 3 games?

Your arguments are so silly right now because you have but a game or two to back them up with. Wait and see what happens over the next month. Then you'll have more facts to make an argument for Gibson. I can see your enthusiasm and extreme bias toward Gibson but you really need to get more evidence before reaching conclusions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    He's the 1A because he got a shutout? Andersen is 6-1 this season.

Man this carousel is just not going to end, I don't think I'll be able to handle the overreaction threads this season about Gibson.

I will admit it's a little worrisome that the Ducks went back to Gibson so quickly after Andersen's only poor game of the season. They do seem to be pushing their golden boy pretty hard, and I wonder if he can take the job as long as he doesn't piss it away.
    Andersen actually did not play poorly against SJ. The whole Ducks team played poorly and especially the defence. Andersen was their best player that game.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Lol at this.

You have no clue bud.

Andersen
    Gibson
    Anderson

Is how I would rank them
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    Andersen
    Gibson
    Anderson

Is how I would rank them
    hahaha ya, I was thinking that exactly.

Dobber Sports Stud

Last night was a BIG win for Gibson, and a big boost to his confidence. That said, I still think of him as the back-up, at best a 1B, option for ANA. Andersen has been lights out, minus that one hiccup, this year, and I see no reason why ANA wouldn't continue to roll with him. Now, because of this shut-out, Gibson may have earned himself another start or 2 over the next few games, but I still believe ANA is going to be cautious with him and ride Andersen for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by The Good Sir; October 29, 2014 at 12:03 PM. Reason: spelling
    12 Team H2H (Daily) - Keep 10 + 5(Farm)
    4C/3LW/3RW/4D/3G/4Bench/3IR
    G A Pts +/- STP GWG SOG/ W Sv% GAA SHO
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    F. Forsberg, J. Guentzel, A. Duclair(RW), E. Haula(C), A. Killorn
    RWs:
    N. Ehlers(LW), V. Tarasenko, F. Gaudreau(C), V. Podkolzin
    D:
    T. Chabot, C. Makar, M. Dumba, OEL, N. Schmidt
    G:
    S. Bobrovky, T. Demko, J. Gibson(IR), A. Stolarz(IR)
    Farm:
    J. Annunen, A. Kaliyev, A. Lundell, F. Lysell, M. Rossi

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I wouldn't go so as far as to say Gibson is 1a, but I think the competition is closer than some are making it out to be. Gibson did start opening night, although it could be argued that it was because they were playing in his hometown. The more important point, I think, is that they went back to him to start 2 of 3 when Andersen had a weak game. We can't draw any sort of conclusion from such a small sample size, but it seems like a good indication to me that both goalies are valuable going forward.
    Yahoo 10 Team H2H League (Daily Change) - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, Shots, W, Save%, GAA, SO

C -E. Staal (C/LW), Zetterberg (C/LW), Hall (C/LW), Spezza
    LW - D. Sedin, Perron (LW/RW)
    RW - Ovechkin (LW/RW), Gaborik (LW/RW)
    D - Subban, Keith, Kronwall, Klingberg
    G - Elliott, Dubnyk, Allen, Talbot
    IR - Bobrovsky

Start 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 2 G