Thread: Daniel Ryder

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Daniel Ryder

What do you guys see his upside as? Do you think he could make the Calgary team out of camp or will he be off to the AHL for a year?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re:Daniel Ryder

The Ryder brothers are fairly similar. Daniel\'s a slightly better skater, Michael\'s a slightly better shooter. Both fairly clutch, Daniel especially so in the Memorial Cup playoffs. Have to be concerned about injury problems though, he\'s played a combined 57 regular season games over the last two years.

I\'d say it\'s safe to look to Michael as an example, though I wouldn\'t envision another 63 point rookie season. A year of seasoning in Omaha (strike that, what\'s their new affiliate, Quad Cities Iowa/Illinois?) seems likely with callups possible mid-season if they lose a center to injury (depending on the seasons Boyd and Tarathukin are having).
    T.G.

I...am your father.

Default Re:Daniel Ryder

Yeah, I don\'t see him on the team this year, or even next year. Bugg is very high on his talent and I\'m inclined to agree. I think he could be slightly better than Michael as more of a setup guy. But give it three years.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi