Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Top 5 goalies next year?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Top 5 goalies next year?

I am not a completely stats focused guy, but Kipper\'s numbers have been regressing every single season for a while now. Calgary\'s defense is very shaky. It went from a team strength to a question mark, and they lack the mobility to keep up with a lot of teams.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Wizard

I agree Angus. I generally have always stayed way from Kipper if I could and will continue to do so unless I can grab him unusually late and use him in a trade later on.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I find it VERY hard to fathom why Cam Ward is getting no fantasy respect here...

LAST YEAR....a year in which the canes missed the playoffs..wared was 4th in the league in wins with 37.....behind ONLY nabby , brodeur, and kipper.

not to mantion..he only played 69 games, a full 7-8-9 less then some of these guys.

carolina will be better this year, ward will continue to get all the starts......and he\'s only 24 years old!

to have him ranked outside the top 10 is ludicrous.

my thoughts

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Ward is a very good goalie, but Carolina\'s defense is inconsistent at best. He will get lots of wins, but his GAA and SV% will suffer.

Gleason is very good defensively, Seidenberg is alright. Corvo is pretty awful, and Kaberle/Wallin have both seen much better days.

Pitkanen is an adventure as well.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I agree that Ward should be up there, but compared to these guys, he is not top 5.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Sage

I\'m not sure how Corvo could be considered awful, Angus. Through 5 years, his career +/- is a +50. He has yet to be a negative any year. This is after playing 3 years in Los Angeles. He also puts up a fair amount of points too...

I do agree that Carolina D is inconsistent at best. I thought that was a great way of putting it. I think Pitkanen is garbage, but Corvo has to be their bright spot IMO.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Corvo is very inconsistent defensively. +/- is a hard stat to use effectively unless you really break it down in terms of quality of linemates/quality of opponents.

Dobber Sports Sage

Fair enough. I like to think of it as a good measure, especially for D, but I see your point.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Initiate

Nice debate going on but some people are forgetting the topic at hand...top 5 goalies NEXT year. I\'ll take proven more times than not over potential.

Brodeur should be top 2 on everyones list for next year, whether you love him or hate him, i fall into the latter. Obviously not top 2 in a keeper though. This guy is consistently elite and should be next year as well.

brodeur-mr consistent
    nabokov - no competition, on a solid team
    lundqvist \" \" although he could snag #1
    fleury - same as lundy, not as consistent but damn does he have the team to do it on
    luongo/kipper- teams arent certainties this year. Declining stats for kipper and shit for offense in vancouver
    14th year-12 team-Keep 10 + 5 farm
    C-Larkin, Trochek, Pavelski, Hayes, R Strome
    LW-Huberdeau, Meier, Kreider
    RW-Gaudreau, Rantanen, Radulov, Kyrou
    D-Letang, Hamilton, Carlson, Burns, Giordano
    G-Andersen, Lehner, Jones

IR-Tarasenko

Farm - Vilardi, Newhook, McMichael, Gusev, Holtz