Thread: K. Allen for L. Miller

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default K. Allen for L. Miller

Keeper league (4) standard scoring

Do I trade Lamar Miller for Keenen Allen straight up?

Looking to keep Allen as I'm currently rocking last place and traded away most players for picks..
    13 Team Keeper (keep 6), Weekly H2H, Dress 6 F, 4 D, 2 G's. 1G, 1A, GW2 SO2

F: Tavares, Eichel, Hall, Schenn, Arvidson, Miller, Bertuzzi
    D: Karlsson, Pionk, Hronek, Trouba, Schmidt
    Goalies: Dubnyk, Bishop,Griess

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: K. Allen for L. Miller

I would keep Miller myself. if he keeps it up you will have a solid back not just this year but for the future. Allen is nice too and younger but WR's are a dime a dozen. RB' are not.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbersnest View Post
    I would keep Miller myself. if he keeps it up you will have a solid back not just this year but for the future. Allen is nice too and younger but WR's are a dime a dozen. RB' are not.
    I agree with this. Miller finally seems to have figured the NFL game out a little bit, and now has a pretty clear path to a big workload. Allen isn't a prototypical WR1, which is what I think you really need to land in a keep 4 setting, and it's a bit troubling that he hasn't produced much this season given how well Rivers is playing.

If you're intent on striking while the iron is hot with Miller, I think you can do better than Allen. Particularly given the number of RB injuries this year, there ought to be several teams interested.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    I agree with this. Miller finally seems to have figured the NFL game out a little bit, and now has a pretty clear path to a big workload. Allen isn't a prototypical WR1, which is what I think you really need to land in a keep 4 setting, and it's a bit troubling that he hasn't produced much this season given how well Rivers is playing.

If you're intent on striking while the iron is hot with Miller, I think you can do better than Allen. Particularly given the number of RB injuries this year, there ought to be several teams interested.
    You can see it in Millers patience now . he looks for a hole and hits it. last year he just kept moving to the sidelines. it was not all his fault as his line was putrid but if he would of hit the hole last year like he is this year he would of had the kinda year we expected in last years draft.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think you can do better than Allen at this point as he is a buy low option. Having said that, in a keep 4 I would take Allen over Miller

Dobber Sports Giant

I would keep Lamar Miller here. Not ELITE or anything, but he should be a borderline top-10 fantasy RB while Moreno is on the shelf. Keenan Allen ... I don't even know what's going on right now. He's clearly the most talented pass-catcher in SD, but Floyd is a legit deep-threat, Eddie Royal (before his injury) was putting up solid games, Antonio Gates is still getting quality, bulk redzone work, and Ladarius Green is still showing flashes. And when you factor in the idea that SD wants to run the ball (with Ryan Mathews or Brendan Oliver, though i believe that Oliver steals the #1 job completely in the next couple weeks), it's tough to imagine Keenan Allen getting anything close to a top-20 WR workload.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin