Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: McDavid vs. Eichel watch

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: McDavid vs. Eichel watch

Can't believe no one has commented on McDavid's last couple of games, specifically last night's performance.

He was the best player on the ice for me. He had two or three end to end rushes that made every player on Slovakia look foolish and should've ended in a wrap around goal but just missed, could've easily had 5 or 6 first assists had the player he fed the puck to scored from the point blank range he set him up in...

Really good last night - can't wait to see what he does tonight.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Ninja

Not much to comment on. The guy is so far ahead of anyone else in his draft class (including Eichel) that it's fun to just sit back and watch him play.

Banned

now that he is doing very well and Canada is gonna win Gold, people are gonna call Eichel shit. You can't say he's so far ahead of Eichel when it's been on record that a fair amount of scouts and execs prefer Eichel. It's still decently close even though McDavid is going to go #1 without a doubt

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    now that he is doing very well and Canada is gonna win Gold, people are gonna call Eichel shit. You can't say he's so far ahead of Eichel when it's been on record that a fair amount of scouts and execs prefer Eichel. It's still decently close even though McDavid is going to go #1 without a doubt
    Links to that? I haven't seen anything about people preferring Eichel, because well that would just be silly. It's not a close competition and anyone saying it is is just trying to create false "hype" so the media has 8 weeks worth of stuff to talk about leading up to the draft. Just because some "professional scouts" prefer Eichel doesn't mean it's a sensible opinion. There are lots of bad scouts out there. Hell, look at Edmonton's entire scouting department.

Dobber Sports Monster

Great tournament overall for McDavid. Wonder what his points total would've been if he wasnt rusty to start the tournament.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Links to that? I haven't seen anything about people preferring Eichel, because well that would just be silly. It's not a close competition and anyone saying it is is just trying to create false "hype" so the media has 8 weeks worth of stuff to talk about leading up to the draft. Just because some "professional scouts" prefer Eichel doesn't mean it's a sensible opinion. There are lots of bad scouts out there. Hell, look at Edmonton's entire scouting department.
    it's not media driven. Pretty sure if you read this thread you'll see the posts about McKenzie polling the scouts/execs and many voted for Eichel. Like I said McDavid will go #1 but they are different players. McDavid is easily more skilled but that doesn't mean he's so far ahead of Eichel. Let's just say it wouldn't be a big deal if I'm the Canes or whoever and I miss out on McDavid. Eichel is that good. Saying it's not a close competition is false.

Dobber Sports Sage

30/30 NHL teams would take McDavid 1st overall. Let's just leave it at that.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Banned

3 out of 10 execs polled by McKenzie in October had Eichel #1. Let's just leave it at that.

3 out of 10 execs polled by McKenzie in October had Eichel #1. Let's just leave it at that.
    Like I said. Just because they are Execs in power positions doesn't mean they are good or smart. Kevin Lowe has been an "NHL Exec" for like 10 years. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY CUP RINGS HE HAS? Using that as your barometer is pretty silly.

Banned

Like I said. Just because they are Execs in power positions doesn't mean they are good or smart. Kevin Lowe has been an "NHL Exec" for like 10 years. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY CUP RINGS HE HAS? Using that as your barometer is pretty silly.
    Their opinion is worth far more than some randos who have probably seen these guys only at the WJC. Like I said McDavid will go #1 but that does not mean it is unanimous. Your comment is also flawed, because if Edmonton picked McDavid, then as per your post we should say they are dumb and don't know what they are doing. So the 7 out of 10 who picked McDavid #1 should also be considered dumb. Poor logic here dude.

You are wrong if you say it is 100% no contest that McDavid will be the better NHLer. Period - because both are excellent players. I'm not saying he isn't going to be better or is going to be better. Nobody here can really comment on this because nobody in Canada sees Jack Eichel outside of international tournaments. I'll leave it to the scouts

All I'm saying is - saying 30/30 teams would pick McDavid is not true when we have proof that some liked Eichel more in October.

Their opinion is worth far more than some randos who have probably seen these guys only at the WJC. Like I said McDavid will go #1 but that does not mean it is unanimous. Your comment is also flawed, because if Edmonton picked McDavid, then as per your post we should say they are dumb and don't know what they are doing. So the 7 out of 10 who picked McDavid #1 should also be considered dumb. Poor logic here dude.

You are wrong if you say it is 100% no contest that McDavid will be the better NHLer. Period - because both are excellent players. I'm not saying he isn't going to be better or is going to be better. Nobody here can really comment on this because nobody in Canada sees Jack Eichel outside of international tournaments. I'll leave it to the scouts

All I'm saying is - saying 30/30 teams would pick McDavid is not true when we have proof that some liked Eichel more in October.
    Cooooooooooooooolllll story bro. Tell me more about how McDavid vs. Eichel "hype" is not at all similar to the Tavares vs. Duchene "hype". COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL

Banned

Cooooooooooooooolllll story bro. Tell me more about how McDavid vs. Eichel "hype" is not at all similar to the Tavares vs. Duchene "hype". COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL
    It was actually Tavares vs Hedman. And it's pretty damn close right now. You say media hype is bullshit, yet you got sucked into the Connor McDavid "next Crosby" hype. Pretty hilarious.

But it's not worth it for me to reply to somebody who just posts rude replies with no concrete opinions. What a childish response. I'm done with this thread.

It was actually Tavares vs Hedman. And it's pretty damn close right now. You say media hype is bullshit, yet you got sucked into the Connor McDavid "next Crosby" hype. Pretty hilarious.

But it's not worth it for me to reply to somebody who just posts rude replies with no concrete opinions. What a childish response. I'm done with this thread.
    Not a good memory at all. The Islanders were never debating Hedman vs. Tavares. It was Tavares vs. Duchene. Hedman was the consensus #2 because Tampa was taking him, but #1 was between the centers. Start paying attention and try and keep up. But sure, I guess McDavid's #s are all "media hype" and he hasn't actually scored that much, or dominated games, or any of that stuff. Hell, I'm pretty sure it was Robbi Fabbri who scored in McDavid's jersey last night.

Dobber Sports Guru

I don't see why you would dismiss out of hand the idea that McDavid is on Crosby's level for their draft eligible year.

His OHL pt/gp is tracking well if he can keep it up (2.83 to Sid's 2.71, needs to maintain), and obviously he put up a similar point total at the WJC (caveats: Crosby is a later birthday and that was a strong WJC team).

You could argue that McDavid only really looked "dominant" in one of those games, and I'd agree with you, but then Crosby was not the go-to guy on the 2005 team either.

Dobber Sports Ninja

This will be a fun discussion for years down the road. I know where I'd put my money down, but obviously there are others who see differently. I still don't think it's close at all between these two guys, but it's also not close between Eichel and the rest of the field from what I have been reading. That's the kicker though - I don't watch these guys very often. Scouts would know way better.