Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: McDavid vs. Eichel watch

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: McDavid vs. Eichel watch

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Marek vs. Wyshenski podcast is rumoring that Eichel will bolt from college after the World Juniors and play for a Memorial Cup in the Q.
    Not sure it'll happen, but would be interesting.
    If true, I think that suggests that Eichel's camp is thinking that he now has a shot at going #1 in the NHL draft if he converts his game to major junior. Interesting to see how he shows in the world juniors.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    If true, I think that suggests that Eichel's camp is thinking that he now has a shot at going #1 in the NHL draft if he converts his game to major junior. Interesting to see how he shows in the world juniors.
    That's the speculation. Of course NCAA folks are claiming it's all rumor, but Marek did break the Sonny Milano de-commitment, so it could be legit. They did state that it was all rumored -- not claiming it as a surety.

I don't follow Juniors all that closely, but I think they mentioned that Eichel could head to the team that will host the Memorial Cup.

MacKinnon sure helped his stock going head-to-head with Jones in the Mem. Cup. Could work for Eichel too -- but it'd be bad news for the NCAA.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Initiate

I don't see Eichel leaving college as a big deal... he's going to leave after he's drafted anyway, so why not leave now and possibly win a Memorial Cup on the way? He'll be in the NHL next year no matter where he finishes out this season.

Dobber Sports Ninja

The guy oozes talent as well as slimyness. Not sure how I feel about him.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    The guy oozes talent as well as slimyness. Not sure how I feel about him.
    LOL. I was thinking the exact same thing. I'm one who is usually very "liberal" with young players but something about this kid is really off to me. Kinda get like a used car salesman/politician vibe from him. He is uber talented that is without question though
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Marek vs. Wyshenski podcast is rumoring that Eichel will bolt from college after the World Juniors and play for a Memorial Cup in the Q.
    Not sure it'll happen, but would be interesting.
    I'll be surprised if he leaves college for the Q. He's had plenty of opportunities to do so already and has passed on them all.

Let's not forget, this kid was originally drafted into the Q by the Halifax Mooseheads and could have come to Halifax and played with MacKinnon, Drouin and Fucale on their way to winning the Memorial Cup but he chose to stay in the US.

Who knows, maybe he's changed his mind, but I just don't see it happening.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'll be surprised if he leaves college for the Q. He's had plenty of opportunities to do so already and has passed on them all.

Let's not forget, this kid was originally drafted into the Q by the Halifax Mooseheads and could have come to Halifax and played with MacKinnon, Drouin and Fucale on their way to winning the Memorial Cup but he chose to stay in the US.

Who knows, maybe he's changed his mind, but I just don't see it happening.
    I can't see him jumping ship, he's had his chances and he hasn't done it yet. Selfishly, I'm hoping he reports so I can catch as many games as possible before he heads to the NHL, but I doubt it happens.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Sage

Me and my buddies were tryin to figure out who Eichel looked like... nailed it:

Attached Images Attached Images
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Monster

McGretzky puts up 3 points vs Germany! Didn't have to sweat too hard for them tonight - some good passing and a garbage goal in front of the net.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

I would be willing to bet that he doesn't leave the college ranks for the chl.

Also, how is he in university already? How old is he? I was thinking about this the other day!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I would be willing to bet that he doesn't leave the college ranks for the chl.

Also, how is he in university already? How old is he? I was thinking about this the other day!
    He's 18. So it makes sense. But I think you can be as young as possible, not sure though.

Personally I might take eichel over McDavid. It's close though.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    He's 18. So it makes sense. But I think you can be as young as possible, not sure though.

Personally I might take eichel over McDavid. It's close though.
    Expand please? Cause there's something about mcDavid that I've found underwhelming so far at the WJC ranks...thought it was just me. But I haven't seen Eichel at all yet.

Dobber Sports Sage

Don't forget that McDavid is probably still dealing with his hand injury.

That being said, I'm very surprised at how good Eichel really is. He really reminds me a lot of Getzlaf - slick hands, big body, long reach, great vision and shot.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Monster

Ive seen McDavid live many times and I can say he still doesnt look right. He watches the play quite a bit and seems to only show that acceleration hes known for in flashes. He's still played pretty well but others on the team just look more energized. I also think they need to utilize him better - he's very good at carrying the puck through the neutral zone but I havent seen any evidence that the coaching staff wants this to happen when hes on the ice.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Expand please? Cause there's something about mcDavid that I've found underwhelming so far at the WJC ranks...thought it was just me. But I haven't seen Eichel at all yet.
    I haven't been underwhelmed by mcdavid and I don't take anything from these games for The most part but I just prefer eichel by a smidge because of his style. If we're talking fantasy mcdavid no question. For the NHL draft I don't think there's a chance he won't go 1st. McDavid will be the more prolific scorer. I don't buy that either of theses guys are on crosby's level.