Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Fiala

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Kevin Fiala

So, will a 1/3 year in the AHL as well as offseason and training camp be enough to get him aclimatized?

I think the Preds brought him over with that intention. If the plan was a full year in the the AHL next season, they likley would have let him finish off the season in the SEL (given the controversy and resistence to let him go). Im sure they won't hesitate to keep him down, but won't stop him if he was able to step right in next year.

EDIT: Couldn't bear seeing him on the wire in my 20 team points only dynasty and snapped him off the wire. Kinda surprised he wasn't owned given that we have lots of rebuilders, but I'll sure take it. I'm pencilling him in the lineup next season. Here's hopin'
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm a Fiala owner and I hope to see him in the NHL at the end of 2015-2016. I would be very surprise if he is in the NHL at the beginning of next year.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Veteran

9pts in 12GP with the Admirals...not bad
    7 teams
    28 keepers

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    I'm a Fiala owner and I hope to see him in the NHL at the end of 2015-2016. I would be very surprise if he is in the NHL at the beginning of next year.
    Why would you be very surprised at that?
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Stud

9pts in 12GP with the Admirals...not bad
    Yep, 0.75 PPG is really good, especially considering that the Admirals' leading point-getter this season is Arvidsson who is putting up 0.78 PPG.

It would not surprise me at all to see Fiala in the Preds lineup next fall. If he doesn't make it he would be called up in no time, I would bet.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Why would you be very surprised at that?
    Because not a lot of prospect with Fiala pedigree (and size) jump in the NHL at 19. And the Preds does'nt need to rush him if they re-sign Fisher and Ribeiro. Top 6: Neal, Ribeiro (UFA), Wilson, Forsberg, Fisher (UFA) and Smith.

In conclusion, I will be happy, but very surprise if he begins in the NHL next year. I could see him receive the same treatment than Forsberg. A cup of coffee next year and full-time in 2016-2017.
    7 teams
    28 keepers

Dobber Sports Padawan

Can I just point out the only thing I hate about Fiala is that one strip of tape on the blade. Looks so 12 year oldish.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Wizard

Because not a lot of prospect with Fiala pedigree (and size) jump in the NHL at 19. And the Preds does'nt need to rush him if they re-sign Fisher and Ribeiro. Top 6: Neal, Ribeiro (UFA), Wilson, Forsberg, Fisher (UFA) and Smith.

In conclusion, I will be happy, but very surprise if he begins in the NHL next year. I could see him receive the same treatment than Forsberg. A cup of coffee next year and full-time in 2016-2017.
    Cool, thanks for your thoughts. Yeah, I can see Fiala follow a similar progression to Forsberg's, although I believe he's already fast-tracked his transition to N.A. Didn't Forsberg play a full season in Sweden the year after his draft?

Dobber Sports Star

Another G tonight

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Cool, thanks for your thoughts. Yeah, I can see Fiala follow a similar progression to Forsberg's, although I believe he's already fast-tracked his transition to N.A. Didn't Forsberg play a full season in Sweden the year after his draft?
    Forsberg played a full season in Sweden the year after the draft yep. And 5 GP with the Preds at the end of the season. Last year 13GP with the Preds and 47Gp with the Admirals.

Take it with a grain of salt, but here is a comment from an HFBoard user who live in Sweden:

In my opinion this move is driven by Kevin himself. It has been quite obvious he has an attitude problem and a hard time taking coaching or even feedback from fellow players.

HV is my local team, I see them live about 15-20 times per year and there is definetly some issues here, and I dont have to be in the room to see that.

Andreas Johansson is a no nonsense coach, everyone works in HV, or you do not play. Regardless if you have top talent skillsets or not.

I think Kevin Fiala is a extremely talanted hockeyplayer, some of the things he does with the puck just makes you question if you really saw what you just saw. And he does it with speed. Now if he could just learn to pass the puck once in a while he'd be a threat in any league. I assume the attitude will change with maturity, because right now Kevin Fiala is one childish 18 year old.

Maybe they bring him to make sure he learn how to be more disciplined and professional?
    7 teams
    28 keepers

Dobber Sports Initiate

Forsberg played a full season in Sweden the year after the draft yep. And 5 GP with the Preds at the end of the season. Last year 13GP with the Preds and 47Gp with the Admirals.

Take it with a grain of salt, but here is a comment from an HFBoard user who live in Sweden:

In my opinion this move is driven by Kevin himself. It has been quite obvious he has an attitude problem and a hard time taking coaching or even feedback from fellow players.

HV is my local team, I see them live about 15-20 times per year and there is definetly some issues here, and I dont have to be in the room to see that.

Andreas Johansson is a no nonsense coach, everyone works in HV, or you do not play. Regardless if you have top talent skillsets or not.

I think Kevin Fiala is a extremely talanted hockeyplayer, some of the things he does with the puck just makes you question if you really saw what you just saw. And he does it with speed. Now if he could just learn to pass the puck once in a while he'd be a threat in any league. I assume the attitude will change with maturity, because right now Kevin Fiala is one childish 18 year old.

Maybe they bring him to make sure he learn how to be more disciplined and professional?
    Damn as a Fiala owner that has me a little worried. Thanks for sharing

Dobber Sports Initiate

I wouldn't worry too much.

First of all, I doubt Fiala is calling the shots here and this has to be the Preds wanting him to play a North American game and making the necessary adjustments to his game without the puck.

Secondly, the Preds locker room has some great leadership in Shea Weber that will help him mature.

Way, way too early to be calling this kid a problem child based on some hfboard opinion.

Fiala stock is rising and that is evident in how well he is seeming to adjust to the North American game and producing right out of the gate in the AHL. I think all the evidence points to his game just being ready for the next step on his way to being a top six NHL regular and that is why he is here.
    GO BRUINS

20 team Keeper - Protect 10
    Dress weekly 8 Fwds 4 D-men 1 Goalie
    Fwds 1pt - gl 1pt - asst
    Dmen 2pt - gl 1pt - asst FWDS & D-Men 1pt PPG / SHG / OTG
    Goalies 3pts-win 2pts-shutout

Dobber Sports Star

Have to say, that quote gave me a some pause as well. Funny how fleeting hope/doubt can be.

As awesome as his excellent transition to the NA game is re his chances of making the NHL, I did begin to wonder if there is a downside to things coming so quickly for him in the AHL. If there are concerns with his maturity, I wonder if he thinks he's "got this" already and that he may think a spot on the Preds will be handed to him. All total speculation of course, it will be interesting to see how things play out.

Having said that, I still agree with the above, all indications are that he is on track to be an impact NHLer, as soon as possibly next year. I don't discount the quote from the Hf poster though and his attitute is something to keep an eye on, but more out of interest than concern at this point.

Has there been any quotes from the coach or players or anyone about Fiala's transition, attitute, etc., since his arrival?

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Veteran

I don't have any reliable link but I've read some rumors that he showed late to practise a couple of times with HV71. They made him a healthy scratch for at least one game.

But he's young and will learn to be a pro. The Preds have a good leadership group and it will help him a lot. I'm not worry about him playing in the NHL.
    7 teams
    28 keepers

Dobber Sports Wizard

Another goal and assist tonight. He's up to 12 points in 14 games.