Thread: Hiller or Stalock?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Hiller or Stalock?

So I'm in a pickle, not sure what to do.
    I'm very interested in Stalock, because I'm expecting him to receive plenty of starts/ take the starting job, however I don't know if he's worth picking up and dropping Hiller.

As of right now, my goalies are Quick, Schneider, Miller and Hiller. The stats are W, GAA,SV%, SO and GW% (Games won) ROTO league setup.

I'm thinking since I already have 3 definite starters, I can drop Hiller and take a back-up (starter potential) that's on a better team?

So what should I do, drop Hiller for Stalock? Keep Hiller? Try and trade Hiller?

Thanks !

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Hiller or Stalock?

Considering your depth, I'd take the gamble and pick up Stalock. I don't think Hiller's numbers will be great this year.

That being said, I don't agree that he will receive "plenty of starts" or take the starting job for that matter. I don't doubt that he will get more starts this year but this is still Niemi's gig to lose.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Hiller is the better goalie on a rising team, he's looked like the Hiller of old in the pre-season games I've watched. I'd also argue that the Flames D is as good as ANA so other than winning fewer games his stats should be consistent. I'd prefer to own Hiller going forward rather than gamble on what's going to happen in SJ

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Considering your depth, I'd take the gamble and pick up Stalock. I don't think Hiller's numbers will be great this year.

That being said, I don't agree that he will receive "plenty of starts" or take the starting job for that matter. I don't doubt that he will get more starts this year but this is still Niemi's gig to lose.
    Thanks for the input, I decided to make the acquisition.
    I realize I worded it wrong, I made it sound like he WILL take the starting job or get more starts, I was simply really optimistic in hoping he would, and that Niemi would have an awful campaign. As you said, it's Niemi's to lose, so that's what I'm hoping for.

Thanks again.

Administrator

I think this was a good decision. Given the scoring in this league there's much more value in quality over quantity starts and you've got the depth that you definitely don't need quantity.

Now, there is certainly an argument to be made against owning four goalies at all but if you are going to do that, Stalock has more upside for you.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I think this was a good decision. Given the scoring in this league there's much more value in quality over quantity starts and you've got the depth that you definitely don't need quantity.

Now, there is certainly an argument to be made against owning four goalies at all but if you are going to do that, Stalock has more upside for you.
    That was my rational exactly, quality over quantity.
    To justify my 4 goalies, our league has a limit for each position, and the goalie limit is 164 I believe. Therefore, all the GM's running only 2 goalies never came close to this 164 limit, they only came to around 100-120, wasting an extra 44 games they could have played goalies, improving their Wins, Shutouts, etc.
    Also, in this years draft many GM's decided to hold off on goalies, and many realized post-draft how dreary their goaltending situations look for the season. So Stalock could be a flip to a GM who thinks he will take the starting reigns.