Thread: Trade Jimmy??? rep available

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Trade Jimmy??? rep available

**Disclosure- I am a huge Colts/ Luck fan***

Standard league - 14 teams Keep 4.

My team Currently (keepers from last yr bolded)

QB
    Cam Newton
    Rothelsberger

RB
    Gore
    Hyde
    Hill
    Bradshaw
    Blue

WR
    Megatron
    Jeffery
    Wheaton

TE
    Graham
    Kelce

So my keepers going into this yr were Cam, Jimmy, Mega and Jeffery. I have been offered Andrew Luck for my Graham and Hill. Am I crazy for considering this trade?

Here is my rationale for it.. #1. Luck is a stud and will be for 10+ yrs. #2 Kelce has emerged and although he isn't Jimmy, I can keep him and not loose too much TE production this yr and beyond. #3 Luck is a Stud , wait I mentioned that already...

This may not be the best move for me this year, but I like it long term personally, although... it may not be the worst move for me this year either...

....To be honest I dont know... need input... I think my Colt's Hommerism is clouding my judgement.

Please help guys.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Trade Jimmy??? rep available

Eh I think you love Luck too much, he's been great this season but Graham is a legit top 10 pick in a keeper and I assume your league is like any other (1QB start?) and QB's are running in the 2nd-3rd round for the top guys. Keep Graham
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Laendarian View Post
    Eh I think you love Luck too much, he's been great this season but Graham is a legit top 10 pick in a keeper and I assume your league is like any other (1QB start?) and QB's are running in the 2nd-3rd round for the top guys. Keep Graham
    Agreed. Unless this is a two-QB league, the answer has to be an emphatic "no way."

To his/her credit, the other GM is trying to sell high on Luck and capitalize on your fandum. Not that Luck is going to forget how to play the position or anything, but the odds of him slowing down significantly outweigh the odds of him sustaining this pace (over 5,200 passing yds; 52 passing TDs). There have only been 3 seasons in league history where a QB has gone for 5,200+ yds, and only twice has a QB tossed 50+ TDs. On the flip side, Graham has had a somewhat "disappointing" start to the season and yet sits second in scoring (and third in scoring average) at his position, while averaging 8 catches, 85 yds and just below a TD per game. The scary thing? His value relative to other TEs is likely to go up from here.

Nobody is untradeable, but in my opinion that's just not the return you should be getting for someone of Graham's caliber. Luck for Graham straight up borders on laughable. Luck for Graham and another piece (no matter what it is, really) borders on insulting.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Honestly, it is a really bad deal. But it is equally as bad because you're losing Jeremy Hill as it is because you're giving up Graham. Hill is just straight better than Gio and eventually he is going to be the better fantasy option in that backfield (like eventually this year).

Cam/Ben are just fine fantasy QBs.

Kelce is a beast.

Bottom line is, you can get more for Graham than this.

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Honestly, it is a really bad deal. But it is equally as bad because you're losing Jeremy Hill as it is because you're giving up Graham. Hill is just straight better than Gio and eventually he is going to be the better fantasy option in that backfield (like eventually this year).

Cam/Ben are just fine fantasy QBs.

Kelce is a beast.

Bottom line is, you can get more for Graham than this.
    Kelce is a beast, but I completely disagree w/your take on Gio. Gets majority of snaps, majority of touches, and RZ TDs/opportunity. Gio will continue to be the #1 getting 20-23 touches overall. They're different backs but there is zero indication that Hill usurps Gio at any point for #1 duty.
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by dbrzrk View Post
    **Disclosure- I am a huge Colts/ Luck fan***

Standard league - 14 teams Keep 4.

My team Currently (keepers from last yr bolded)

QB
    Cam Newton
    Rothelsberger

RB
    Gore
    Hyde
    Hill
    Bradshaw
    Blue

WR
    Megatron
    Jeffery
    Wheaton

TE
    Graham
    Kelce

So my keepers going into this yr were Cam, Jimmy, Mega and Jeffery. I have been offered Andrew Luck for my Graham and Hill. Am I crazy for considering this trade?

Here is my rationale for it.. #1. Luck is a stud and will be for 10+ yrs. #2 Kelce has emerged and although he isn't Jimmy, I can keep him and not loose too much TE production this yr and beyond. #3 Luck is a Stud , wait I mentioned that already...

This may not be the best move for me this year, but I like it long term personally, although... it may not be the worst move for me this year either...

....To be honest I dont know... need input... I think my Colt's Hommerism is clouding my judgement.

Please help guys.

Thanks
    What's the other GMs roster look like?? Luck is worth it, but this offer needs tweaking...

EDIT: is it PPR?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    What's the other GMs roster look like?? Luck is worth it, but this offer needs tweaking...

EDIT: is it PPR?
    Its standard scoring...

His roster isn't very good.... only guys worth mentioning are Bernard, Moreno and D. Thomas

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

What makes Kelce a beast??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    What makes Kelce a beast??
    Freak talent athletically, size (6'6" @ 260lbs), in addition to the team he is on (ie not a lot of competition for balls). He's a potential beast, more accurately. He missed last year due to aan injury so he's just getting into form. Much like Dwayne Allen (another freak).

TE is the second most complex position to play, behind QB, so it's a lot to expect a first or second year player (no matter how talented) to fully breakout. But in dynasty leagues Kelce and Allen hold high value. Both are currently 'solid' plays in PPR leagues with upside as a flex play.
    @SmittysRant