Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dangling Malkin.....who would you target of these options? *REP*

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Dangling Malkin.....who would you target of these options? *REP*

Stats in our league are:
    G,A,PPP, +/-, PIMS, SOG, Hits, GWG

I love Geno, but tiring of his injury woes. As of right now I have several interested managers with offers being negotiated.

Mainly the 3 guys I am working on are G. Landeskog, T. Seguin and C. Giroux.
    It would be Giroux + (not sure of plus yet), Landeskog straight up or Seguin straight up as well.

Am also working on N.Mack but the owner is not super interested in moving him.

Am I crazy to consider Landeskog here? He was highly ranked in our pool last year due to his multi-cat prowess, and still so young. What's the ceiling on him?
    I think the obvious choices are N.Mack or Seguin if I can land them, but I'm having a tough time not taking a real long look at Landeskog right now...

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Dangling Malkin.....who would you target of these options? *REP*

Nope the obious choice is Giroux + thats a great trade for you if you can swing it
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Apprentice

yeah the obvious choice here for me is giroux +, it would be closer if it was just straight up for giroux and then i would debate between him and seguin but giroux + vs seguin i go giroux
    Multi-Cat League G,A,P, PIMS,HITS,BLKS, SOG, PPP, GAA, Sv%, Wins
    15 Team Dynasty Salary cap league using AAV
    Active: 12 FWDS 6 Defence 2 Goalies
    Bench: 5
    Farm: 10

F: Larkin, Zibanejad, Gaudreau, Tavares, Laine, Lafreniere, Suzuki, Dach, Comtois, Glass, Zadina, Villardi, Mittlestadt, Virtanen, Saad
    D: Chychrun, Sergachev, Dumba, Ty Smith, OEL, Dermott, Brodie
    G:Rittich, Quick, Cal Petersen, Desmith

Farm: Byfield, Stutzle, Rossi, Podkolzin, Gunler, Drysdale, Byram, Askarov, Ukko-pekka Lukkonen, Dustin Wolf

2021 rookie Draft:: 4 1st rd picks

2022 draft: 6 1st rd picks

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I should mention it's a Keeper league so age does factor in slightly

Dobber Sports Superstar

You are crazy to consider Landeskog straight up for Malkin. Points are the hardest stat to fill in fantasy, all the peripherals an be found cheaply on the waiver, but points cannot.

If I'm trading Malkin, I would want Landeskog as the throw in on top of Giroux or Seguin. And then I probably still want a solid prospect added to the deal as well. In my opinion you are selling Malkin way short with these offers.

Dobber Sports Genius

Giroux + is the way to go, he's the best player offered as it is plus you get a +
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Apprentice

giroux is 26 he will still keep producing for at the very minimum another 4 years and probably more then that so you dont need to worry about the age

F: Larkin, Zibanejad, Gaudreau, Tavares, Laine, Lafreniere, Suzuki, Dach, Comtois, Glass, Zadina, Villardi, Mittlestadt, Virtanen, Saad

Farm: Byfield, Stutzle, Rossi, Podkolzin, Gunler, Drysdale, Byram, Askarov, Ukko-pekka Lukkonen, Dustin Wolf

Dobber Sports Stud

Agree with what the others are saying. Giroux + is the best offer by a good margin. Seguin should also come with a + though given their age difference and Malkin's injury woes, this may be the last time you can land Segs straight up for Geno - it's a gamble on your part though. As far as Landescog goes, I wouldn't move Malkin for a package headlined by Landescog, as others have said, he'd have to be the throw in, so moving Geno for Landescog straight up is nonesense.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Overwhelming support for Giroux huh... what if the "+" wasn't involved, would you still do it? Phillies team +/- worries me, I think I have seguin on par with Giroux with possibly higher upside.
    Any thoughts on that?

And what about Giroux's disappearing act last season? That doesn't worry you guys either?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

if thees no plus on giroux i would take your favorite player of the two as him and seguin will be close, so by the sounds of it you seem to like seguin so i would consider seguin if it were between those deals, but if theres no plus on either of those id be tempted to keep geno

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio Jr View Post
    Overwhelming support for Giroux huh... what if the "+" wasn't involved, would you still do it? Phillies team +/- worries me, I think I have seguin on par with Giroux with possibly higher upside.
    Any thoughts on that?

And what about Giroux's disappearing act last season? That doesn't worry you guys either?
    If there's no plus I keep Malkin.

Dobber Sports Genius

To Summarize:

-Age has no effect on me until a player is 30 years old and still it needs to be treated case by case
    -No Philly's team +/- is not a concern is this deal
    -Giroux had a lingering finger injury to start the year don't worry about his slow start he could of clipped 90 if it was not for that slow start
    -I think Giroux has a better track record then Seguin and much prefer him

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Lots of good points here....
    Might still take a stab at the Giroux deal, and try strike up some more on the N.Mack front. Also talking to the manger who owns Ovi now. Thinking his +/- might improve with the new coach.
    What are your thoughts if those two are in the convo (Mackinnon/Ovi)?
    Thanks

Dobber Sports Apprentice

mackinnon interests me just because of his trade value but if your in a win now ovi all the way, ovi is a STUD in this format and if your in a win now and get OVi thats pretty fair value i believe, but argue malkins 100 point upside with the ovi GM and ovi's lack of backchecking for the reason of his +/- ( i believe this will severely increase with trotz in town) and try and get ovi plus out of him, ovi is elite in HITS ( for a superstar, obviously not matt martin like but 200 is no joke especially when paired with 80 points), he is the only guy to almost touch 400 sogs last year and considering the wahsington PP is basically:

step 1: pass to ovechkin
    step 2: shoot
    step 3: did we score?? ( if not repeat step 1 and try again)

( obviously i am over exagerating on the powerplay point but you get my point)

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by distantyeti58 View Post
    mackinnon interests me just because of his trade value but if your in a win now ovi all the way, ovi is a STUD in this format and if your in a win now and get OVi thats pretty fair value i believe, but argue malkins 100 point upside with the ovi GM and ovi's lack of backchecking for the reason of his +/- ( i believe this will severely increase with trotz in town) and try and get ovi plus out of him, ovi is elite in HITS ( for a superstar, obviously not matt martin like but 200 is no joke especially when paired with 80 points), he is the only guy to almost touch 400 sogs last year and considering the wahsington PP is basically:

step 1: pass to ovechkin
    step 2: shoot
    step 3: did we score?? ( if not repeat step 1 and try again)

( obviously i am over exagerating on the powerplay point but you get my point)
    Agree Ovi is better then all other options listed for Malkin and a comfortable 1 for 1. If not you need some + coming your way