Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Malkin vs Mackinnon

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Malkin vs Mackinnon

As long as you can get something else of significance thrown in with Malkin, then I'd move him, but 1 for 1, I'm taking Malkin by a fair margin.

Dobber Sports Icon

Tend to agree with the majority here that it's too early for a Malkin v Mackinnon two player trade. But that time is coming soon.

Malkin's 28, that's a 9 year age difference.

Malkin's injury history cannot be discounted. 60 games last year, 31 of 48 during the lockout season, and he hasn't skated yet in training camp or the pre-season, it's getting scary for his owners. See http://www.pensburgh.com/2014/9/30/6...-penguins-news.

If a guy was offering Mackinnon plus a good draft pick or another solid addition, particularly if I was not a clear contender now, I think I'd pull the trigger.

Just to shed further light on Mackinnon's value, in my league I obtained Mackinnon this offseason for a package of Getzlaf / Chara / JJohnson, expensive but well worth it I think. Getzlaf is no Malkin but he's about the same age and doesn't have remotely the same injury history, and he can easily put up another few high 80 / low 90 seasons. My take on Mackinnon is that even if he tops out at say high 80s, it'll be a heavy SOG and heavy PPP contribution, which is great for a Cman - my feeling is he might well surpass that with the team being built around him, esp Duchene.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Stud

MacK long term, yes I think that's the way to go.

though Malkin plays on the PP with crosby, he will always be a 2nd line center if he stays in Pittsburgh (which he will)

MacK has already edged out Duchene for the 1C spot on his team
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    MacK long term, yes I think that's the way to go.

though Malkin plays on the PP with crosby, he will always be a 2nd line center if he stays in Pittsburgh (which he will)

MacK has already edged out Duchene for the 1C spot on his team
    I don't see that this has any bearing on anything. Malkin has always been the 2C in Pittsburgh, yet he still has three or four seasons over 100 points, and one of those was with a fully healthy Crosby around.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar