Thread: Fantasy Hockey Strategy for the Advanced Player

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Fantasy Hockey Strategy for the Advanced Player

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Fantasy Hockey Strategy for the Advanced Player

Not bad.
    I'm a big fan of goalies late.

To be honest though... too many opening paragraphs without hitting some numbers.

First off, as an "advanced player" myself, I want to know if your strategy applies to me.
    1. H2H or Roto?
    2. How many teams?
    3. How many roster slots?
    4. What are the categories?

I see some of this information at the bottom of the article, which is the wrong spot.
    I started getting frustrated reading it mid-way through because I was asking so many questions... only to find out at the end of the article that I would've been able to process your strategies clearly if I had known settings.

Besides getting to some numbers & settings, you should've started with goalies.
    Goalie strategy always dictates overall strategy.
    You can early target defensemen this year... and this is BECAUSE you know you can late-draft goalies.
    (Also, you start with a draft slot at #9 - which is too focused and you probably lose half your audience right there. If you are talking about a first round pick, you should cover every draft spot in the first round. Be thorough about the first round and start hitting some big names. That'll draw/keep your audience.)

Personally, I think drafting "Center Strength" this year will win pools.

I'd give this a C-.
    Content is OK... but completely out of order.