Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: BCPL's 14/15 Prospect Draft

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: BCPL's 14/15 Prospect Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Not sure what's up with them. They may need to be replaced. Either way I don't think we should wait another 12 hours each for their seconds if they haven't made their firsts yet. I'd skip the them.
    I am beginning to wonder about the no shows too. This is one of the busiest weeks of the whole year, and they haven't said "BOO". We may need an amendment in the league rules about answering emails, and being part of the league. I think a minimum of responding/emailing/checking out the home page at least ONCE a week is more than fair. Way more than fair.
    Whatever is decided, let me know if we need a replacement GM. I have a brother on the forum who was away last week when we drafted, and said he was sorry he missed out on joining. Now mind you, he did say he joined another league since, but he still may be interested here.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Initiate

Every email I send to the address JHS has posted on Yahoo gets bounced back. Does anyone know his Dobber handle or another email?

Dobber Sports Master

The only e-address I have is adebisiH@blahblahblahblahblah. Sorry, I just don't feel right publishing the guy's full addy, even if it doesn't take a moron to do some figuring as to what it is. Not that it matters if messages just bounce off of it.

F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti

Dobber Sports Prodigy

East Coast Blues selects Linden Vey Vancouver

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Kokanee's email isn't listed in BCHL on yahoo......

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Neely8 View Post
    Kokanee's email isn't listed in BCHL on yahoo......
    I just emailed him.

Dobber Sports Initiate

There is a trade pending on Yahoo between Emu and myself. My Hudler for his Fleischmann and late 2nd.

It's just waiting for me to hit "Approve" but I'm not completely comfortable with approving my own trades. Pretty much just a formality, but if one of you guys could post here that it seems reasonable (so it's still a one-person approval process, just a person other than me) I would consider that good enough to authorize the trade. Please do so if you are good with it. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Initiate

And having said that, we probably need to talk about the trade approvals process, because you probably don't want me deciding. I approve almost everything, provided there are quality assets on both sides. If it's Crosby for Jay Beagle, I won't approve. If it's Crosby for two quality prospects and a 60-point winger, I will question your judgment, but I will almost certainly approve, because people value players differently, and I have seen some seemingly lopsided trades work out really well long-term. So yeah, if you want more control over trades than that, we should discuss a new system.

Dobber Sports Icon

I'm looking for an earlier prospect pick. I'd anyone would like a small roster upgrade in exchange for a pick that's coming soon, pm me

Dobber Sports Icon

I think that trade is fine. Approve away.

I personally have no problem with commish approval as the method we use. Vetoes should only be used if there is collusion. Bad trades happen in the NHL and try happen in fantasy hockey. Unless there is something really fishy, let the GMs manage their own teams and make their own mistakes

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Your trade seems reasonable to me.

I would be happy either way with trade approval. You seem fair and reasonable, but as you volunteered for the job, if you would rather a league vote that is OK with me too.

And having said that, we probably need to talk about the trade approvals process, because you probably don't want me deciding. I approve almost everything, provided there are quality assets on both sides. If it's Crosby for Jay Beagle, I won't approve. If it's Crosby for two quality prospects and a 60-point winger, I will question your judgment, but I will almost certainly approve, because people value players differently, and I have seen some seemingly lopsided trades work out really well long-term. So yeah, if you want more control over trades than that, we should discuss a new system.

The Great One

Im definitely ok with comish approvals.

Dobber Sports Master

Commish approvals for all...LOL.

I trust that you are going to allow GMs to make their own decisions, bad or good in your own opinion, and suspected collusion is really the only time you should veto a trade IMO. It is true that people value players differently and should be allowed to manage their team as well (or poorly) as they want.

Dobber Sports Initiate

tothemax has been emailed. He is now on the clock.

Dobber Sports Newbie

tothemax has been emailed. He is now on the clock.
    I'll take Jake Virtanen