Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kane or Mueller

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Kane or Mueller

I\'ve seen the debates between Kane and Cherepanov but never one between Kane and Mueller. Who has the higher ceiling or upside in the future?

I thought Mueller was more of a defensive, two-way type player with an upside of around 50-60 points a year, but the talk around here seems to indicate he has far more offensive abilities than I had heard before.
    Team 1
    C: Kuznetsov
    LW: Ovechkin, Hall, Gaudreau, Huberdeau
    RW: Perry, Voracek, Nyquist
    D: Hedman,
    G: Schneider, Hellebuyck*
    Prospects: Lazar, Mantha, Bjorkstrand, Gillies, P.L. Dubois, Konency
    * Prospect Bonus

Team 2
    C: Crosby, Malkin, Backstrom, Coyle
    LW: Saad, Lucic, van Reimsdyk, Kuznetsov
    RW: Ovechkin, Connolly
    D: Byfuglein, Krug, Green, Lindholm, Savard
    G: Price, Varlamov, Anderson, Bernier, Pickard
    Prospects: Nurse, Milano, Hellebuyck, Jarry, Gillies, Chychrun

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re:Kane or Mueller

Mueller\'s more of a sure thing. Kane will always have to battle the perception that he is too small. Bad season, oh he\'s too small to play in the NHL. I love the small guys in the NHL. In my opinion they are the toughest guys in the league, getting abused every night by larger less talented players.

When the NHL takes hitting and fighting out of the game (I\'m sure it was discussed at the \"how to improve the game\" meetings along with making the nets larger), the little guys (anyone under 6 feet tall) will finally rule the NHL. It will be part of Napoleon\'s, uh I mean Bettman\'s legacy.

Sorry about the rant, back to Mueller. He was a force at the World Juniors for Team USA. I think he has more like 80 point potential, with hopefully 50 points this year. I don\'t think a rookie should be a #1 centre, unless they are very special (ala Crosby).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Stud

I agree with Comish. Mueller probably has 80 point potential. He is a \'go to guy\'. Plays phsyical and has a presence when he is on the ice.

I would prefer to own Mueller followed by Kane.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Again I will have to disagree. If you are willing to wait and you have a spot where you can stash this player away for a year or two I would take Kane, he will be a point machine. Just look at his rookie stats in London, this kid is unreal, hence why he was a 1st overall pick. If Mueller was in this years draft he still would have went after Kane.
    Z..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Stud

Hello Zorro:

What are you disagreeing with:
    (1) Mueller is an 80 point guy?
    (2) Mueller is a physical player?

Obviously with the avatar I am hoping that you are right about Kane.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I am going on Keeper League..

If Mueller has an 80 point ceiling like you say, I think when Kane gets NHL ready he should score atleast 80 when he hits his stride. Thats all I was saying. I like Mueller I just think Kane will be better point wise over the long haul. Thats it.
    Z..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Stud

Zorro wrote:
    If Mueller has an 80 point ceiling like you say, I think when Kane gets NHL ready he should score atleast 80 when he hits his stride. Thats all I was saying. I like Mueller I just think Kane will be better point wise over the long haul. Thats it.
    Z..
    I would prefer to own Kane, but only slightly. He\'ll own the #1 line RW position (whereas Mueller may have to battle Turis down the road), his linemates will be better, and on my team I have the luxury of waiting. But if I needed help more immediately, I would go with Mueller. He\'ll have the chance to shine right off the bat this season and should reach his upside more quickly. 80 pts may be lowballing his potential, as well.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Mueller looks to be a bit safer... but I think Kane has more upside.

To whoever said Mueller was dominant in the WJHC tournament... Kane was equally as dominant, they BOTH looked like the players of that tourney... until Toews scored all three in the shootout...
    "I mean technically, I could say that every defender's upside is 80 points and never 'lose my house.'"
    - lanky 522

Dobber Sports Apprentice

dobber is reporting 55-60m pts for kane this year. i hope he does not make the team for \"gilbert brule\" reasons. he will get killed physically. no rush if i was chicago.

I...am your father.

I like Kane for 100 points as a ceiling, and Mueller for 95 points as a ceiling. Mueller is 95% surefire NHLer, whereas Kane is 85% surefire NHLer. I will have to decide between Kane and Mueller myself this summer and will be choosing Mueller without even blinking.

He has all the tools and Phoenix will build their team around him. This year\'s draft was weak, so yes Mueller would have went first overall.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dobber wrote:
    I like Kane for 100 points as a ceiling, and Mueller for 95 points as a ceiling. Mueller is 95% surefire NHLer, whereas Kane is 85% surefire NHLer. I will have to decide between Kane and Mueller myself this summer and will be choosing Mueller without even blinking.

He has all the tools and Phoenix will build their team around him. This year\'s draft was weak, so yes Mueller would have went first overall.
    i hope so otherwise your contradicting your top 200 and prospect report

Dobber Sports Padawan

I tend to favor the bigger guy.
    That would be Mueller in this case but I got to say that Phoenix team smells worse than my crotch after a hard run.
    I really think Chicago has a better team and more talent around Kane.
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

typo88

I agree with dobber in thinking that mueller would be a better choice, but what about this year? and predictions on whos gonna produce faster now? Unfortunately, i cant see mueller having a great year on a very bad team.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks for all the feedback folks. It\'s always nice to get other people\'s opinions.
    Team 1
    C: Kuznetsov
    LW: Ovechkin, Hall, Gaudreau, Huberdeau
    RW: Perry, Voracek, Nyquist
    D: Hedman,
    G: Schneider, Hellebuyck*
    Prospects: Lazar, Mantha, Bjorkstrand, Gillies, P.L. Dubois, Konency
    * Prospect Bonus

Team 2
    C: Crosby, Malkin, Backstrom, Coyle
    LW: Saad, Lucic, van Reimsdyk, Kuznetsov
    RW: Ovechkin, Connolly
    D: Byfuglein, Krug, Green, Lindholm, Savard
    G: Price, Varlamov, Anderson, Bernier, Pickard
    Prospects: Nurse, Milano, Hellebuyck, Jarry, Gillies, Chychrun

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dobber wrote:

hi dobber, in your guide you are predicting more pts and gls for kane over mueller this year
    why then would you take mueller over kane? just curious.