Thread: Why the Flyers Will Hate the Blue Jackets

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Why the Flyers Will Hate the Blue Jackets

With the now relevant Blue Jackets in the Metropolitan Division, is the young rivalry between the Flyers and Jackets about to explode?

http://goo.gl/jNrVeW

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Why the Flyers Will Hate the Blue Jackets

Yes, but not really for the reasons you stated. It will be the physicality of the Blue Jackets that drive the Flyers insane. Columbus tied Los Angeles for the most hits last season and Philly finished sixth. That's a nice battle waiting to happen. Combine that with the player history, yes it will definitely be fun to watch. I don't see any goalie rivalry at all. Umberger has nothing to "prove" to Columbus, Philly went out and got him, he's got to feel pretty good about that. Hartnell will likely want to show the Flyers management that they made a mistake getting rid of "his contract" this early though.

I'm on board with this being a budding rivalry though. Thanks for the link!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I really hope Columbus does drive philly nuts! Go jackets!

Dobber Sports Genius

The whole of the metropolitan division with the exception of the pens (top) and the 'canes (bottom) will be in a dogfight for the entire season. I wouldn't be surprised to see new rivalries ignited and older ones reach a boiling point.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah, good point rainy. I like the Isles young talent to improve as well, but something has to give, one team can't improve without another coming down the ladder. Ottawa? Montreal? Did Ottawa get better in the off-season? Montreal? Nope. Both got worse in my opinion, so maybe they both take a downward slide this year?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Yeah, good point rainy. I like the Isles young talent to improve as well, but something has to give, one team can't improve without another coming down the ladder. Ottawa? Montreal? Did Ottawa get better in the off-season? Montreal? Nope. Both got worse in my opinion, so maybe they both take a downward slide this year?
    My biggest question mark with the Isles is Jaroslav Halak. He was fantastic in St. Louis, but then chickened out in playing against them after being dealt to Washington last season. He won't have the type of D he had in St. Louis, despite the fact that he's an obvious upgrade for them.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oh yeah, I forgot about his poultry act. Damn, I own him in one of my keeper leagues. I still think Halak will do better than Nabokov did on the Island.