Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trading Allen.. REP

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Trading Allen.. REP

Another thought which i am leaning towards.... Allen and my 6th round next year (not too concerned about that as i can do other deals to recover it) for the 1st overall next year (mcdavid year) and Svedberg who i ask him to pick up in the expansion draft which gives me a guaranteed boston handcuff.

Is this a better approach?
    12 Team Keeper (keep 14)
    G,A,+/-,PIMS, GWG, W,SA, SO

C - Seguin, Monahan, RNH
    RW - Mackinnon, Duchene, Hornqvist
    LW -Hoffman, Marleau, Panik,
    D - Fowler, Hedman, Ristolainen, Barrie, Klefbom, Goligoski
    Util - Coyle, Tatar, Little, Ladd,
    Goalie - Rask, Varly
    , Grubauer, Forsberg, Bobby Lou

2013/2014 League Champion

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by 2 for diving View Post
    Another thought which i am leaning towards.... Allen and my 6th round next year (not too concerned about that as i can do other deals to recover it) for the 1st overall next year (mcdavid year) and Svedberg who i ask him to pick up in the expansion draft which gives me a guaranteed boston handcuff.

Is this a better approach?
    This is really an easy answer... Would you have targeted Svedberg by the 2nd round...your pick? If so... You now get him for free...gain all of Boston's starts and still have your own 1and 2 round picks this year plus an elevated shot at the golden duo next year.

Allen is a good prospect, don't get me wrong...but he is just that. A prospect. I'd prefer to have another valuable prospect to you specifically in the hand cuff and a shot at possible the best prospect since Crosby. Kinda dulls the shine on Allen IMHO.

If you can get his 2015 1st plus Svedberg... I'd make that deal for Allen I believe.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Any luck?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

So we have a final deal in place. Thanks everyone for your feedback. I was able to hold the line and get a first rounder next year. So the deal is:

My Allen and a 6th round pick next year

For

1 st round pick next year (which will be in the running for a top 3 pick) and Svedberg which locks up the boston handcuff for me.

Thoughts? And thanks again. Rep coming

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2 for diving View Post
    So we have a final deal in place. Thanks everyone for your feedback. I was able to hold the line and get a first rounder next year. So the deal is:

My Allen and a 6th round pick next year

For

1 st round pick next year (which will be in the running for a top 3 pick) and Svedberg which locks up the boston handcuff for me.

Thoughts? And thanks again. Rep coming
    Nicely done. It doesn't always work out but it feels good when it does!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Now you just have to hope that it turns into a top 2 pick. Anything outside of that will be a disappointment in this deal, but you're taking a shot here and the reward could be huge, plus you managed the handcuff. Here's hoping it works out that way. Make sure you beat him down as much as possible!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I agree with the risk / reward. With our expansion, the selection for the new gm will be very weak. So if he runs with Gibson / Allen. He has some development to go through and probably lots of youth as his skaters or marginal players at best. So fingers crossed he tanks out.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I think the top 4 forwards next year will be good. Strome and Zacha won't be generational but they still might be better than anyone from the 2014 draft. Keep eye on that Pavel Zacha, he could be a surprise.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Giant

I just hope for you that Elliott doesn't get injured and Allen takes the reins from there while leading the Blues to a good season and in doing so, helps this manager finish in the middle of this pool....

It was a risk as you stated, but I think it was a fair deal for both parties. Hope it pays off, so keep us posted!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Nice to see this deal got done. Props man!