Thread: Sad sad sad

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Sad sad sad

I wanted to post this at the beginning of the year when I was very upset about this situation but I didn't and I'm still pissed. I was absent from dobber this year because I hold grudges for quite a while and hopefully I'll be over next year and I'll offer my advice when I can. This is no way dobbers fault but an old dobber writer, "expert", and "the guy" I always came to for fantasy advice screwed my league over big time! He got me into a great deep league that he was running. He then decided to spend our money and not replace it by seasons end. After several attempts to get at least something out of him we voted him out as comish and out if the league. He then disapeared and deleted me from his twitter making off with $700 ish off of a great group of guys. Mac Vincent I didn't want to say anything bad against you publicly but after an entire season of not trying to make things right screw it. It's a dirty dirty move taking a leagues money and stealing it! Especially when you're so active in the fantasy community with hockey and baseball.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Sad sad sad

dmvincent! Sounds really out of character for him, are you sure it's him?
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Wha!???

Agreed. Doesn't sound like DMVincent.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The last thing I want to do is drag anyone's name down. I'm not that kind of guy but like I said I hold grudges and I'm still quite upset about it. Whatever the reasoning for spending the money I don't care but there was 0 attempt in months to make any payments and we as a league had to vote him out as he obviously isn't an honorable member of the league. This was the 2nd year in a row that a comish did this! Not both by the same guy but none the less we lost a few good owners because of it as well as the cash. I was recruited my Mac on here so yes it was DMvincent. And Mac I'm sorry bro but this still burns my a$$.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Two notes for you:

1. I believe Dobber hires his writers from those that show a great willingness to want to write articles and contribute. But I don't believe Dobber is able to interview these people in person to judge their character. So, it's probably fair that you don't link your disdain for (forummember) towards Dobber.

2. I have had issues with (same forummember) as a league commissioner as well. Fortunately it wasn't a money league. He's a nice guy, but is a very poor commissioner. Worst I've ever dealt with. (And he's young, had a lot of maturing to do back when I joined his dynasty league). I've learned to simply not do money leagues with people you don't know personally.

Sorry to hear your story.
    There's some very nice people on the forums who simply are not good commissioners.
    There are also some abrasive people on the forums that make very good commissioners.
    These two things can be mutually exclusive.
    [Like "good kings" in Game of Thrones - if you are into that.]

Hope you still participate in the community and don't hold a grudge towards Dobber & the site.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Not a great situation, guys need to play in $ leagues where the site holds the money or as Pengy stated people you know personally.
    Should not be a reflection on Dobber, and the community needs to know about issues like this.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Deity

Did he win the league and simply not owe you money ?

Just asking.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I know it's not dobbers fault here and I'm not in anyway calling them out! This site really helped me a ton in my first few years of playing fantasy ball! I only stayed away because I know he's an active member of this community and I've been annoyed as you know what about it. I will be active again and I'll share all I've learned! I don't think he won a dime last year but he might have as we've got several small payouts for even just making the show. But $690 after we pay the CBS fee is an awful lot of money to run off with... So I guess I just wanted his name out to be warey if he's running a money league and asks anyone to join. Or maybe I'm still holding on to the thought he will man up and pay what he stole...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post

2. I have had issues with (same forummember) as a league commissioner as well. Fortunately it wasn't a money league. He's a nice guy, but is a very poor commissioner. Worst I've ever dealt with. (And he's young, had a lot of maturing to do back when I joined his dynasty league). I've learned to simply not do money leagues with people you don't know personally
    Same issue with same commish. Glad it wasn't a money league as well. Sorry to hear you and your league mates got burnt

Dobber Sports Ninja

Really unfortunate to hear about this.

For the future either know the guys personally or use something like Leaguesafe. Then this kind of stuff can't happen.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

First of all, check your email.

If that doesn't explain things then I don't know what will.

I never did anything with the league money.

I BARELY have any time for fantasy sports these days even.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Oh I got your email but that was well after I posted this. I shouldn't have to be the guy to contact you about this! You deleted me from your twitter so this was my way of getting your attention I guess... Nobody in the league knew I was contacting you about this again and nobody is expecting to ever hear from you again I just wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten and it's still quite upsetting bud.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

This is clearly personal...perhaps this thread should be closed and let these two work it out I dependant if the forums? Just a suggestion.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Please close this thread.

I appreciate you all sticking up for me.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

I...am your father.

I kept this thread open because Mac deserved a chance to respond. His response was to close the thread, so I have done so. How he chooses to give the other side of the story is up to him, and he chose to keep it private, which is his right.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi