Thread: Brees and Stacy for Foster and Martin?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Brees and Stacy for Foster and Martin?

Is Brees and Stacy for Martin and Foster a good trade to do? I’d get Foster and Martin. My RBs are bad (Stacy, Gerhart, Greene, Gore, Fred Jackson), and my backup QB is Wilson. It’s a keeper league too and I was thinking of flipping Martin for Moreno and calling it a yr already lol.

However if it’s not a fair trade (im not giving up enough) some suggestions would be great.
    His team:
    QB: Kaepernick
    WR: Green, Julio Jones, Boldin, Watkins, Gordon, Marvin Jones, Cooks
    RB: Foster, West, Martin, Hyde, Sankey
    TE: Dwayne Allen, Cameron
    K: Tucker
    Def: Carolina

My Team:
    QB: Brees, Wilson
    WR: V. Jackson, Colston, Patterson, Kendall Wright, Nicks
    RB: Stacy, Gore, Gerhart, Greene, Fred Jackson, Tate, Mckinnon
    TE: Julius Thomas, Ladarius Green
    K: Parkey
    Def: St Louis

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Brees and Stacy for Foster and Martin?

Not sure I like that deal for you, particularly in a keeper.

Even if he stays healthy this year despite his general injury concerns and the HUGE workload he's gotten in the first two weeks, Foster is on his last legs keeper-wise. And Martin just isn't very good, is dinged himself, and could well find himself in a true timeshare with Bobby Rainey when he comes back.

If I was in your position, I'd up your ask here. Judging from his roster, I'd suspect that the other GM views Brees as the missing piece in a squad offering a high probability of being championship material (Brees, AJ, Julio, Gordon, Stacy, West, Hyde, etc., etc. -- that's pretty sick). So I think you have some leverage in this situation. Tough to gauge the actual dynamics here, but I'd definitely be looking to add some younger, long-term pieces to solidify your aging RB and WR corps depth. Guys like Hyde, West, Watkins, Cooks -- those are the type of players I'd be looking at: all are nice foundational pieces in a keeper league; all may start producing nicely on a consistent basis as soon as this season; and none are really more than what the other owner can afford to pay for a piece that very well could put him over the top.

I guess my primary point here is that I think you have some leverage. Unless you get an offer that just blows you away, I think Brees is one of those players that I'd publicly shop a bit before trading. I also think that you're on the wrong side of the market timing coin (Brees is coming off of two sub-par performances to start the season, sitting, I think, about 15th in QB points average entering tonight's action). A correction is coming and I'd not want to be caught having sold low on a guy like Brees, particularly when I still think your RBs can and will rebound and the main piece you'd currently be getting back likely leads a lot of "sell high" lists in Foster.

Just my two cents. Good luck!
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov