Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2014/2015 Dobber PRO (Tier II) League: Sign-Up (For Previous GMs)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Exclamation 2014/2015 Dobber PRO (Tier II) League: Sign-Up (For Previous GMs)

Every year in the past there has been a "Weekly" format fantasy pool.
    In the past, there's been 15 or 16 teams in the Campbell and Wales conference.

I'm not sure where those commissioners are at (Chinny? Sixhands?), but I'd hate for this tradition to die.

Therefore, I'll take it on myself to re-install these leagues.

So...
    1. IF you were in either of these leagues in the past and want to join - drop a PM in this thread.
    2. Then, send me your email address by PM so I can invite you.
    3. I also will probably promote the top 3 from the Dobber Tier III Entry League last year.

You know the format:
    4C/4LW/4RW/6D/2G + 5 Bench.
    Weekly roster sets.
    Skater Cats: G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,HIT (no PIM)
    Goalie Cats: W, SV, GAA (no SV%, though I'd be fine with SV% and would prefer it.)
    FAAB Budget for Waivers.
    Yahoo!
    Free

UPDATED Tentative Draft Night: Saturday, October 4th, 6pm Eastern.
    Last edited by Pengwin7; September 22, 2014 at 11:15 AM.

The Wolverine

Default Re: 2014/2015 Dobber PRO (Tier II) League: Sign-Up (For Previous GMs)

I'm in. Sent you a message.

Recommendation for this year - change the waiver date. Thursday/Friday seems illogical so perhaps make it Sunday/Monday.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Interest so far:

1. pengwin7
    2. horrorfan
    3. temek
    4. rooneypoo
    5. Rumble75
    6. zorro

*If we can get 10-16, I'll open it up for a late September or early October draft.
    Perhaps on a weekend since horrorfan & temek are overseas.

The Wolverine

Perhaps it would be worth getting it advertised in the ramblings.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I've got some hardcore fantasy friends and long time Dobber guys who play in a keeper I organize, too, so if you need bodies, I know I can get 1-2 more guys for sure. This annual Dobber league is also so fun -- the competition is fierce.
    -----------------

LEAGUE: keeper -- 6 keepers per year, no farm; roto; 10 managers, 18-man rosters; 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 G, 5 Bench; limits of 99 games per skater position & 82 games per goalie position; daily roster moves; max 100 waiver wire transactions per year; scoring categories of G, A, +/-, HIT, PPP, SOG, DEF (points by d-men), W, GAA, SA%, and SV.

ROSTER:

C: Draisaitl* (LW), Dubois, Nelson
    LW: Svechnikov* (RW), Hagel
    RW: Kucherov*, Tarasenko, Wilson, Stone, Laine, Reinhart, P. Kane (IR)
    D: Fox*, Karlsson*, Chabot (IR), Faulk, Martinez
    G:: Vasilevskiy*, Vanecek, Adin, Knight (IR)

* = 2023 keepers

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Thank you for the PM horrorfan, I'm IN!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Demi-God

bump.
    We are getting there from past members.
    Up to six interested.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I took a pass on the Pro Leagues the past couple seasons for various reasons, but I'll check my calendar to see if I have that Tuesday night off and perhaps I'll join. It was always a fun league, and pretty laid back.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    bump.
    We are getting there from past members.
    Up to six interested.
    Hey Pengwin7
    i just gave you commish control over the league, feel free to try and get it going, i will be unable to participate this year.
    I have not heard any word on if these were going to continue but feel free to run it yourself.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

For this season, I'd like to propose the following change:

NEW KEY DAYS:
    Waiver Time: 1 day
    Waiver Type: FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak
    Waiver Mode: Continuous
    Waiver Processing Days: Sunday
    Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
    Weekly Deadline: Weekly on Monday

OLD (Previous Leagues) KEY DAYS:
    Waiver Time: 1 day
    Waiver Type: FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak
    Waiver Mode: Continuous
    Waiver Processing Days: Thursday
    Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
    Weekly Deadline: Weekly on Friday

What does this mean:
    1. It means that FAAB bids will be processed in the wee hours of Sunday. For me, this is a much better timeline because the majority of NHL teams play Saturday night. This gives you a chance to watch your players, check their stats. Thus, it makes for a good night to strategize your hockey team and make any FAAB bids. If you want to bid on a player, you have through late-late Saturday night to make your bid.

2. On Sunday (or previous to Sunday), you will set your roster for the week of Monday-Sunday. [FAAB additions will not show up on your Sunday roster, but will show up on your Monday roster. It will be your "Monday Roster" that you will set for the upcoming week.]

A key reason for this change is so that we can get the first NHL game in.
    I think the league will be rushed to have the draft any sooner than the first weekend of October.
    If we do the draft on Friday (Oct 03) or Saturday night (Oct 04) in October, we still will each have all of Sunday to set our roster for Monday.
    NHL hockey starts on Wednesday October 8th this year.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Love the proposed changes. Sunday morning is my weekly hockey pool lineup roundup, so that works for me.

I can be available most evenings (after 7pm EST) and weekends (just about anytime). Sat. Oct. 4th is largely out for me, however, but that's really the only date that is.
    -----------------

LEAGUE: keeper -- 6 keepers per year, no farm; roto; 10 managers, 18-man rosters; 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 G, 5 Bench; limits of 99 games per skater position & 82 games per goalie position; daily roster moves; max 100 waiver wire transactions per year; scoring categories of G, A, +/-, HIT, PPP, SOG, DEF (points by d-men), W, GAA, SA%, and SV.

ROSTER:

C: Draisaitl* (LW), Dubois, Nelson
    LW: Svechnikov* (RW), Hagel
    RW: Kucherov*, Tarasenko, Wilson, Stone, Laine, Reinhart, P. Kane (IR)
    D: Fox*, Karlsson*, Chabot (IR), Faulk, Martinez
    G:: Vasilevskiy*, Vanecek, Adin, Knight (IR)

* = 2023 keepers

The Wolverine

Anyone else?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Anyone else?
    Actually the list is much bigger now because Chinny re-opened the old league, so a bunch of the previous GMs are back in.
    Rumble75, rooneypoo, ccsitdown, maybe LOTR, maybe Savages... might jump over from the Campbell (which right now hasn't been renewed).

Plus, I plan on promoting either 1 or 3 from last year's Tier III division.

I'm very confident this will be a "go"... with somewhere between 12-16 teams.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Actually the list is much bigger now because Chinny re-opened the old league, so a bunch of the previous GMs are back in.
    Rumble75, rooneypoo, ccsitdown, maybe LOTR, maybe Savages... might jump over from the Campbell (which right now hasn't been renewed).

Plus, I plan on promoting either 1 or 3 from last year's Tier III division.

I'm very confident this will be a "go"... with somewhere between 12-16 teams.
    Cool, yeah just wanted to refresh this to see if anyone else is out there. It's great that the numbers look promising for our league.

As an aside, I'm curious if the Expert one is happening.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    As an aside, I'm curious if the Expert one is happening.
    Sounds like yes.
    They are discussing it in the Mods/Admins forums.
    I think it will be a go.