Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Suter vs McDonnagh

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Suter vs McDonnagh

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    it doesn't matter if his offensive zone starts were high or not, the fact is they will go down and when they go down his production is going to take a slight hit as a result

again I never said he had a high number of offensive zone starts I don't know why you keep posting as if I did

I honestly don't see how expecting numbers similar to last season now that an offensive defenseman has been added to the mix is much too low
    Because I think McDonagh hasn't reached his offensive peak yet, he just got started last year. Don't see why Boyle (who is clearly on the decline both offensively and defensively) will prevent McDonagh from reaching his offensive potential.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Because I think McDonagh hasn't reached his offensive peak yet, he just got started last year. Don't see why Boyle (who is clearly on the decline both offensively and defensively) will prevent McDonagh from reaching his offensive potential.
    I never said he reached his offensive peak, I said his opportunities are going to lessen and as a result his numbers will not be what they could be if the Rangers hadn't signed Boyle

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Ace

He won't prevent him from reaching his potential, but to argue that he won't slow him down somewhat is a little much to swallow. The Rangers could care less how many pts McDonough scores next season as long as they get back to the finals. It makes a lot more sense to use Boyle's offensive gifts here than it does McDs. I don't see it as a bad thing at all, just a matter of getting the most out of the players on your roster.
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    I never said he reached his offensive peak, I said his opportunities are going to lessen and as a result his numbers will not be what they could be if the Rangers hadn't signed Boyle
    Quote Originally Posted by vitun-tyhmä View Post
    He won't prevent him from reaching his potential, but to argue that he won't slow him down somewhat is a little much to swallow. The Rangers could care less how many pts McDonough scores next season as long as they get back to the finals. It makes a lot more sense to use Boyle's offensive gifts here than it does McDs. I don't see it as a bad thing at all, just a matter of getting the most out of the players on your roster.
    Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. You believe Boyle slows him down and I don't.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Expert

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. You believe Boyle slows him down and I don't.
    I don't believe Boyle slows him down, either. To me, the issue is Suter is a safe 45, whereas, IMO, McD has upside beyonnd that.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Superstar

Suter for me. Proven vs Potential in this case. There's a small to moderate chance McDonaugh outpoints Suter on a regular basis, but why risk it when the reward isn't significant?

Dobber Sports Titan

With Richards doing a terrible job running the top PP line, it’s expected that job will be Boyles now. So McDonagh will get more chances on the PP than he did last yr because they can actually get into the zone without any hiccups. McDonaghs PP go up, 5on5 points the same. Boyle will compliment McDonagh and help him grow.

However, with Minnys improving offense, and Brodin/Spurgeons growth, I think Suter will do better than McDonagh. In Minny the offensive weapons complement each other well. They have fast guys with fast guys, 2-way guys with offensively minded guys. It’s all just working together well.

In Ranger city, they have speed to burn! WOAH will this team be fast! But when Hagelin or Stepan fly in front of Nash and St Louis it’s not a good complement. Kane was held back from doing what he does best because Hanzul is slower/weaker. Kane was often pulling out 1on3 highlights because he was so far ahead of his linemates. I’m seeing that in Rangers city.

In a win now/win soon mode I’m taking Suter. If you can stomach the wait for Nash, St Louis, and Boyle to leave while faster guys replace them, McDonagh will be the pick.

Dobber Sports Veteran

McDonagh. He put up last year's totals after a hellish first month in which the team was on the road for the MSG renovations. The entire team was awful for the first month and he did al his damage after the 10 game mark. I see no reason why McD can't be an annual 50 point player, and his multi-cat contributions make him a no-brainer over Suter in multi-cat leagues IMO.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd go with Suter. More proven and that PP is going to be ridiculous this year. I realize he lost his father and that could be a factor, but lets not dismiss the fact that it could go the other way and he plays his ass off for his father. Suter seems like a good guy and he's a competitior so I would expect that if anything the passing of his father will make him play harder to honor the passing of his dad. McDonagh is a soild option but I just think I'd go Suter here.

Dobber Sports Novice

I'm very intrigued by McDonagh this year, but would still opt for Suter until I see a bit more.

Dobber Sports Pro

Right now, if I had to choose, it would be Suter.

Ask again in 4 or 5 months.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Legend

Toss up. Suter is more proven and steady. McD has the higher upside and is younger. I want to see McD do it again this year but I would be inclined to take the gamble and choose him. Sutes is still the top dog in Minny but Spurgeon, Brodin and Dumba will eventually carve into his PP time and offensive production. McD will delegate some to Boyle this year but it's still his show.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Veteran

I've owned McDonagh for the last 3 years and have watched 75% of Ranger games over that span....rest assured that he's the real deal
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon