Thread: Help constructing a trade

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Help constructing a trade

Hey all,

New to fantasy football. I have a a pretty decent set of QBs and I want to make a trade with the GM who has Geno Smith as his QB1.

Can you all help me construct a trade? League settings are H2H Non-PPR (I think?). Basics of scoring is 40 passing yards per point, 6 points for passing TD, 10 reception/rush yards per point, 6 points for TD (reception/rush).

Positions are: QB, WR,WR,WR, RB,RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN,BN,BN,BN,BN

I have my roster and his roster below. At first glance, I was thinking of upgrading my RB and offering:

RGIII/Tom Brady + Ben Tate for Le'Veon Bell + Geno Smith?

My team:
    Robert Griffin III Was - QB
    Calvin Johnson Det - WR
    Victor Cruz NYG - WR
    Reggie Wayne Ind - WR
    Arian Foster Hou - RB
    Ben Tate Cle - RB
    Rob Gronkowski NE - TE
    Kendall Wright Ten - WR
    Tom Brady NE - QB
    Darren McFadden Oak - RB
    Heath Miller Pit - TE
    Christine Michael Sea - RB
    Danny Amendola NE - WR

His team:
    Geno Smith NYJ - QB
    Brandon Marshall Chi - WR
    Percy Harvin Sea - WR
    Mike Wallace Mia - WR
    Matt Forte Chi - RB
    Le'Veon Bell Pit - RB
    Jason Witten Dal - TE
    Knowshon Moreno Mia - RB
    Justin Hunter Ten - WR
    Markus Wheaton Pit - WR
    Antonio Gates SD - TE
    Cecil Shorts III Jax - WR
    Denarius Moore Oak – WR

Thanks!
    12-team, H2H, Keep 4. Categories: G,A,+/-,PPG,PPP,Hits,PIM,W,Sv,Sv%,GAA
    C: Kopitar, M. Koivu, Oshie (C)
    LW: Zuccarello, , Elias (C), Duchene (C)
    RW: Iginla, Pominville, Ovechkin
    D: Karlsson, Chara, Doughty
    G: Crawford, Halak, Bryzgalov
    Farm: Kuemper, MacKinnon, Lehner, Schwartz, Nyquist

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Help constructing a trade

Hmm. This one has stumped me for a spell. I agree that you can use an upgrade at the RB position, but I'm not sure that your thought of a deal involving Tate for Bell does the trick.

As an initial matter, I do like Bell more than Tate this season, but I like Tate quite a bit too. Even more so if Cleveland suddenly finds Gordon back in the fold (unbelievable situation possibly developing there).

But the real problem on your team is not at the RB 1/2 position; it's what is behind that. Acquiring Bell while losing Tate isn't going to solve the issue that you're but an injury away from relying on McFadden as a weekly starter. Assuming this is a one year league, Michael is useless. I'd immediately dump him and pick up Grimes if he is available (well spent roster spot as insurance for Foster).

More importantly, however, despite the fact that you've clearly identified the QB needy team, the answer to this riddle may be that I'm just not sure I see a fit for you right now as trade partners. The problem is that he went so deep on receiver and has only 3 running backs, such that I don't think he can spare a RB unless you give one back. It's a serious long shot, but maybe he'll do a deal like RGIII/Foster for Forte/Geno if he's desperate enough. That's an RB upgrade to be sure, but still not really getting at the heart of the issue as I see it.

Otherwise, I think you also need to be looking closely at which teams have RBs to spare. Maybe it takes you a WR or WR/McFadden combo to land one. And then you can always revisit this GM with a QB for WR deal -- positions where you both have quality to give.

Just some random thoughts....
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Help constructing a trade

After week one, I think getting Bell or Moreno will be tougher -- and to be honest, that might be for the best. I don't know that upgrading Tate/Foster is worth gambling on RGIII for the season. So unless you could move him+McFadden for something, I think you're better off scouring the wire for guys that could excel.

You could mention your interest in one of those three backs, and float RGIII as a piece, but I wouldn't be adding one of your top two backs to the equation.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev