Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Antonio Brown for Montee Ball

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Antonio Brown for Montee Ball

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    Britt, Boykin, James Jones, Floyd, Sanu..

Wheaton, Hawkins, Stills, Dobson, Williams, Latimer, Marvin Jones.. are a few others..

Any names in there that would help make my team better if I were to move Brown for Ball?
    After making the trade, I'd immediately add Wheaton to your roster. As for the second spot, for what it's worth, I just added Latimer in one of my leagues with news of the Welker suspension.

But in the interest of full disclosure, it's not a given that his production shoots through the roof given the other options in Denver and he's not even the guy I like best from those you listed over the course of the season. Still, I do think his name has the most sizzle right now and he's worth a speculative add to see how things shake out in Week 1. The beauty here is that you have several quality options to choose from and, if one doesn't work out, you can easily toss him back on the scrap heap and give another one a try.

Cheers.
    Last edited by dejeanneret; September 3, 2014 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Forgot the all important "not"... good grief.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Would you do this trade? Does it make my team better?

My team:

QB-Romo, G.Smith, Carr
    WR-Dez Bryant, Antonio Brown, Reggie Wayne, Sammy Watkins,
    RB-Lacy, Gerhart, Ingram
    TE-Witten, Delanie Walker, Dwayne Allen
    T/W/R-Decker
    K-Tucker
    Def-Denver
    I wouldn't make this trade. You are trading proven vs potential. That plus the Steelers will be throwing the ball a lot more this year and I don't see why the Broncos would mess with what made them so successful last year. You should hit the waiver wire and see if you can fill out your rb depth. Look for guys like ivory, DMC, jstew and drop your back up TE's

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    I wouldn't make this trade. You are trading proven vs potential. That plus the Steelers will be throwing the ball a lot more this year and I don't see why the Broncos would mess with what made them so successful last year. You should hit the waiver wire and see if you can fill out your rb depth. Look for guys like ivory, DMC, jstew and drop your back up TE's
    Thanks for the input. Im not good with football, any of these names stand out for FA RBs'?

Hyde, Greene, Bradshaw, Stewart, Hillman, Davis, Starks, Dunbar, Cunningham.
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    1.) I’d do the trade. I have Gerhart and I have Greene, Gore, Ben Tate and Fred Jackson on my bench if he falters. They aren’t great RB3, 4, 5’s but 3 are starters. Antonio Brown will have a big PPR yr, but with Dez and Decker (who’s going to get a lot of catches) you can stomach losing Brown
    2.) I’d get Latimer because of Welker now. Keep him on your bench for week 1 and 2 to see how he does.
    3.) I’d stream your defense. I have 0 faith in that defense now. Even with Miller back, I think they will be average.

Who would you go with instead.. FA there is Buffalo, Indianapolis, Detroit, Baltimore, Tampa Bay
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hyde, Greene, Bradshaw and Stewart should all be valuable at different points in the season. Looks like plenty of decent options for your RB 3/4

Dobber Sports Titan

Who would you go with instead.. FA there is Buffalo, Indianapolis, Detroit, Baltimore, Tampa Bay
    Go with Greene as the other RB. He’s a starter going into the yr. Stream the defense that goes against buffalo every week if Denver falters. I’m going to assume you drafted Denver, so run with Denver for the yr unless they completely suck.

Let’s say Denver sucks, drop Denver and pick up who plays against Raiders, Buffalo, or Giants that week. Then the next week drop that defense and pick up the team that’s playing Raiders, Buffalo or Giants that week. Also keep an eye out for teams that will turn into this yrs KC. Last yr no one expected that type of defense, most leagues they were FA pickups.

Let’s say Denver doesn’t suck, on their Bye week (week 4) pick up who’s playing the crap teams (like I said above) for that one week, but don’t drop Denver. Then the next week drop the new defense and pick up a random player then continue with Denver from then out.

Philly seems to be being picked up a lot in leagues for defense, not sure why… I’d be hesitant to do so. Running with a fast pace offense means a quick turnaround for the defense. Less time to rest. It might of worked in the preseason because they ran backups halfway through the game.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Pro

I like the trade, as well. Considering your league only starts 2wr, there might be some gems on the WW...although the added flex spot essentially replaces the bonus WR.

What you want to do is compare a few things:
    Check the rankings of the remaining WR's from a few sites. Then take a look at the depth charts. There might be a few low end WR1 or WR2 left from some weaker offenses, but even on lousy teams, someone has to get the ball.

Since it's your first league, check the stats each week...during the games on Sunday, as well. There is nothing wrong with jumping on a player after a breakout game, especially if you have a handful of marginal guys on your bench that may only see one game as a bye week filler. Look for this years Alshon Jeffrey.
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the feedback. Nothing more fun than learning a new sport, and having a new reason to drink beer on sundays.
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G