Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Preseason Q&A with the Dobber Football staff

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Preseason Q&A with the Dobber Football staff

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    First off I want to say thankyou for helping all of us!! Secondly, this is my first ever PPR draft.. Sorry for all the questions:

1)In a 12 team PPR league(QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX), do I draft WR's hard right off the bat or do I go after RB's that catch the ball..?? When is a good round to go after QB's in this league?

It depends on a lot of things really. What's your draft slot? If you have a top 4 pick take your favorite of Charles/McCoy/AP/Forte. There are a lot of ways to win PPR flex leagues which is why the format is one of my favorites.

2)Who are some valuable PPR guys?? I have no clue right now with PPR..

There are a whole lot of answers to this question

3)Can you list me some sleepers for PPR, that I can probably nab late?

What does late mean? how many rounds is your draft? WRs that I like later: Kelvin Benjamin in the 8th or later, Justin Hunter in the 8th or later, Cecil Shorts in the 9th or later, Kenny Stills in the 10th or later, Markus Wheaton and Cody Latimer in the 12th or later. RB sleepers are hard. I really recommend getting 2 in the first 3 rounds in most cases. Some mid round guys with upside: Lamar Miller in the 6th or later, Carlos Hyde in the 8th or later, Fred Jackson in the 9th or later. Some complete flier types in the last few rounds of your draft: Lance Dunbar, Roy Helu, Jonathan Stewart, Dexter McCluster. For TE read my ramblings today.

4)Will any of these guys be valuable: Dobson(NE), Boykin(GB), K.Wright(TEN), Rod Streater(OAK), R.Cooper(PHI), K.Britt(STL) ?????

I liked Dobson a lot earlier in the offseason. His injury scares me. I like Boykin a lot. He is extremely undervalued right now and can be had after the 12th round. He's an injury away from being the #2 WR for the Packers. Streater and Cooper I'm pretty meh on. Who knows about Kenny Britt. All the talent in the world but has a ten cent head. He has been dominant in the past so I suppose he is worth a late round flier.

5)Late TE's to be drafted and will produce?? I want to wait on TE.. J.Reed, L.Green, H.Miller, J.Cook, D.Allen..??

Read today's ramblings for late round TE breakout candidates

6) Andy Dalton, C.Palmer, Big Ben?? Are they worth starting??
    I'm not touching Dalton but he is fine as a waiver wire candidate for bye week or emergency fill ins. Palmer is a fine QB2 Big Ben is the last QB I would feel starting on a regular basis. I do not recommend drafting a QB2 in most leagues because there will be plenty of options on the waiver wire to cover bye weeks.
    Some of these questions I could write pages on (and have!). If you buy our football guide I have an article series in it detailing a draft plan for picks 1-4. I just finished part 2, picks 5-8 and should be in the next update. Part 3 of that series, picks 9-12 will be finished sometime next week. I think these would be extremely beneficial to a new player in the format. It's seriously going to be a small book when it's finished. Part 1 is 4800 words and part 2 is 5000 words.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    First off I want to say thankyou for helping all of us!! Secondly, this is my first ever PPR draft.. Sorry for all the questions:

1)In a 12 team PPR league(QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX), do I draft WR's hard right off the bat or do I go after RB's that catch the ball..?? When is a good round to go after QB's in this league?

Like Matt said, it is wholly dependent on your draft position. I would agree also with Charles/McCoy/AP/Forte....however, I would flip McCoy/Charles. I just think in PPR leagues McCoy will thrive in Chip Kelly's offense. It's just that fluid. If you are drafting from 6-12 I am definitely selecting a WR in the first. I am also avoiding the temptation of selecting uber-TE Jimmy Graham (a/k/a The Jimmy). Thomas, Bryant, Megatron, AJ Green are all targets for me. WR in PPR leagues with those sliding scales (1pt per 10 yds or whatever) they put top WRs in high demand. In fact I would have went WR/WR in the Dobber Staff league, but Gio staring me in the face was too much to resist.

2)Who are some valuable PPR guys?? I have no clue right now with PPR.

Tons of examples but maybe some less than obvious WR would be Cobb, Alshon Jeffrey, Keenan Allen, Jordy Nelson. RBs Murray, Doug Martin, Gio Bernard...I also think Alfred Morris is being overlooked

3)Can you list me some sleepers for PPR, that I can probably nab late?

Joique Bell, Spiller, Ben Tate, and definitely Sproles. There's more I am sure...

4)Will any of these guys be valuable: Dobson(NE), Boykin(GB), K.Wright(TEN), Rod Streater(OAK), R.Cooper(PHI), K.Britt(STL) ?????

Hunter takes over Wright's grabs, so I would avoid him. I'd avoid Streater too maybe he's a flier...I just don't trust that offense. Cooper and Britt are your best bets of that lot.

5)Late TE's to be drafted and will produce?? I want to wait on TE.. J.Reed, L.Green, H.Miller, J.Cook, D.Allen..??

Avoid Cook like the plague. I snatched Olsen in the 7th and that was a friggin' steal. Rudolph is another I would target. Ertz is the crowd fav and he IS talented but again Chip Kelly plays matchups so it may be Celek one game Ertz another. I just don't trust the consistency for Ertz to be a bona fide #1TE and I think he's been drafted that way.

6) Andy Dalton, C.Palmer, Big Ben?? Are they worth starting??

Gotta run and my computer is hanging up on me....driving me nuts. Big Ben is soooo tempting to me, but his O-line just doesn't help his cause any. Dalton is sneaky agressive and I like it...as long as you have studs in your other skilled position.

That's my quick take

here's my take (above)
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Padawan

PPR rank these wr's:

Cruz
    Fitz
    White
    Crabtree

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    PPR rank these wr's:

Cruz
    Fitz
    White
    Crabtree
    I assume that's Roddy White? He should be first and foremost on that list.

Fitz is my next. Never ever count him out. He's always worthy.

Cruz and Crabs are next but tough call. Cruz has a brand new offensive to deal with and it's not exactly if Manning's game is up to par. Crabtree would be my default here but there's more WR depth on this team than in years past so caution thre too.
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by You Know Jay View Post
    Hi!

I have a few.

1. What can we expect from Lehner this year?
    2. Same question but for Kuznetsov
    3. Should Gibon be a high-value target?

Thanks!
    I'm going to assume these are NHL players because I have never heard of any of them haha. This is for NFL or fantasy football questions.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    PPR rank these wr's:

Cruz
    Fitz
    White
    Crabtree
    Cruz
    White
    Fitz
    Crabtree

I think Cruz has 100 catch upside in Ben McAdoo's new west coast scheme and in a pinch I think makes an ok first WR for your team in the 4th round if you are using a RB heavy strategy or take an early QB or TE.