Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Moderators needed

I...am your father.

Default Moderators needed

As I feared, the abuse of our moderators has caused one to step aside for now, and I know of another one who has already walked away though has since returned. Some of the PM's these guys get have been absolutely brutal. I'll be reviewing them and dishing out infractions accordingly. This is effecting my business now, to say nothing of the hurt it causes people who are just trying to help.

That being said, is there anyone who would like to be a moderator? Must have patience, a pleasant demeanor...and a stand-up member of the forum

Thank you.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Moderators needed

I would love to, I am recently new here and don't have the " face time" if you will as some of the more tenured members - but I am pleasant, level headed, patient, respectful, fair and thick skinned. I handle things through thought and use balance and when needed can be firm. I am not a person to fly off the handle or get emotional in matters. Anyway, I am offering my services and would continue to be an upstanding member in this community.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I would like to help you Dobbs, and I really appreciate all the work you and the mods do, but if I'm giving an honest assessment of myself I'm not sure I'm levelheaded enough all the time to be a mod. I try to stay level and respectful all the time but I still think I fly off too much. Working on it.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm too new here to have earned it - but I don't think you will find many heads cooler than mine.

Here if you need me.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    As I feared, the abuse of our moderators has caused one to step aside for now, and I know of another one who has already walked away though has since returned. Some of the PM's these guys get have been absolutely brutal. I'll be reviewing them and dishing out infractions accordingly. This is effecting my business now, to say nothing of the hurt it causes people who are just trying to help.

That being said, is there anyone who would like to be a moderator? Must have patience, a pleasant demeanor...and a stand-up member of the forum

Thank you.
    thats one helluva sales pitch Dobber! Lol.

I definitely owe a lot back to the forum but not sure I'm ready for that type of role. I will consider one day though...and do appreciate the work our mods do. I do strive to alway be respectful. The deserve that.

Dobber Sports Star

Is there really a shortage of moderators? Thread-locking seems to be at an all-time high lately, so it seems they have it well under control.

Dobber Sports Master

Sign me up... my BS tolerance is bordering on mythical.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I would like to help you Dobbs, and I really appreciate all the work you and the mods do, but if I'm giving an honest assessment of myself I'm not sure I'm levelheaded enough all the time to be a mod. I try to stay level and respectful all the time but I still think I fly off too much. Working on it.
    Ditto. This community is great, I'm sure you'll find someone perfect for the gig.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

I guess I've been hanging around in some pretty toxic forums because this forum community seems quite civilized! I mostly keep to the Keeper pool sections though.

Dobber Sports Padawan

That was crazy... Glad the negative comment has disappeared. It's a discouraging role at times I totally agree, and hopefully those who can be really committed to helping out can continue to have the patience, thick skin and common sense to effectively "manage" a collection of people from around the world. That's what makes this a great place to visit each day, and thank you Dobber and all the mods who help make the forums a great place to spend some time each day!!
    XGL - 16 Team, Points Dynasty League
    $114M cap, 54+ Players, Year #16 - 1st(6x): 08, 12-13, 16, 18-19

F(9+3R): Rantanen, P Kane, Bergeron, Lindholm, Tarasenko, Kadri, Olofsson+
    R: Newhook, Perfetti+
    D(5+2R): Makar, Hronek, Dunn, Sanheim, Andersson
    R: Seider, Harley+

G(2+1R): Price, Varly

WHL - 24 Team Dobber League (Lake Valley Thunder) - 2020/21 Champion
    F: Aho, Bergeron, OV, Hintz, Hoffman+
    D: Hedman, Makar, Werenski, Hronek+
    G: Andersen, Lankinen, Oettinger
    R: Reichel, Timmins, Bjornfot, Cormier, Johnston+

Dobber Sports Wizard

I don't mind helping out. Let me know Dobber.

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Sign me up... my BS tolerance is bordering on mythical.
    lmao...you crack my shit up, Loch
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by First Round Pick View Post
    That was crazy... Glad the negative comment has disappeared. It's a discouraging role at times I totally agree, and hopefully those who can be really committed to helping out can continue to have the patience, thick skin and common sense to effectively "manage" a collection of people from around the world. That's what makes this a great place to visit each day, and thank you Dobber and all the mods who help make the forums a great place to spend some time each day!!
    I can only assume this was referring to coberetti's rant and obvious loss of the friendly wager with Axeman. Lol. So predictable. And what a thankless job moderation is. However I feel a little more compelled to assist where I can.

For interest sake dobber, is there a "guideline " for moderation? Something to help moderations do their job consistently thereby eliminating some personal interpretations? If we knew more about the job and resources (if any) to assist... It may garner more interest.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I can only assume this was referring to coberetti's rant and obvious loss of the friendly wager with Axeman.

For interest sake dobber, is there a "guideline " for moderation? Something to help moderations do their job consistently thereby eliminating some personal interpretations? If we knew more about the job and resources (if any) to assist... It may garner more interest.
    I missed the rant??? what happened? PM me.

I may have some interest as Mod, just would like to know more about the role. As mods, are we still allowed to give advice.....do we have to be glued to the site?...come the school year, i'll be pretty tied up during the days. Too bad some have decided to step away.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Being a mod absolutely sucks as far as the occasional abuse (which WILL happen, from time-to-time).
    But, being a mod... it's a good way to give back to the site.
    I mean, it's a free site. I'm always amazed that I don't have to pay a dime to participate (unlike friggin ESPN "Insider", etc.).
    Helping out keeps overall costs down for Dobber.
    We get really great fantasy hockey advice for FREE here - and that's really great.
    And his guides are pretty affordable - so, one might think of it that way.
    ps. Mods don't get paid. And we don't get guide discounts either. Most of us think of it as simply giving back to the site. Just an FYI to all.

One of the solid things about being a mod is that you can slowly pick how to be helpful.

The more experienced mods do most of the tough work: handling infractions, warnings, PMs - keeping the boards clean.
    But even new mods can be helpful with: approving new users, merging threads, fixing links, discussing ideas to make the forums a better place.