Thread: grigorenko or burakovsky

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default grigorenko or burakovsky

Who would you pick multi cat? Burakovsky looks like he may have a chance to be in the lineup opening night and Griggs is finally eligible to play in the ahl and looks like he would benefit from a season there. Thoughts? Also may as well mention I'm in a "win now" mode but do have the depth to hold a prospect or two. Thanks!
    Fwds: Benn, Hertl, Backstrom, Coleman, W.Karlsson, Marchand, Mcdavid, Bergeron, A.svechnikov, Malkin, W.Nylander, toffoli.

Dfnse: Deangelo, Fox, Hronek, Ristolainen, Giordano, Letang

Goalie: Samsonov, Binnington

Rsrvs: Radulov, bjorkstrand, buchnevich, krebs, sanford, Grzelcyk, Suter, M.Lehtonen, Severson, Spurgeon, K'andre Miller, Allen, Mrazek, Prosvetov, Vanecek

12-team Keeper. Rotisserie.
    G,A,+/-,Hits,Blks,Pim,Sog,PPP,HT,SHPTS,W,Spct,Gaa,SO,Svs

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: grigorenko or burakovsky

Grigorenko is the better choice but his team is very weak. I don't think either will help you much this year

Dobber Sports Veteran

If you're "win now" I don't see either guy helping much this year.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post
    If you're "win now" I don't see either guy helping much this year.
    Agreed, it would be a feat for either to make it onto the team full time but Grig probably has the better chance
    12 Team Yahoo H2H
    G A PIM +/- PPP SHP HITS GWG
    W GAA S% SO
    C: Tavares,Giroux,Kopitar,Stepan
    LW: Benn, Kunitz, Lupul, Elias
    RW: Eberle, Wheeler, Hornqvist
    D: Giordano, Yandle, Barrie, Carlson, Zidlicky
    G: Niemi, Bishop

Dobber Sports Sage

Neither of these two will help you "win now." If forced to, I would pick Burakovsy here though, because I think he has a better chance of success.

Dobber Sports Star

If you need a guy that could possibly help a bit now I would go with Grigorenko, otherwise I think I would gamble on Burakovsky.

I actually own both so I'm hopeful it's close! But as a Grigs owner I actually hope he starts in the AHL. Long term I think he'd be better off to get a full season in down there. It's been a crazy few years for the kid and I think a year of the same team would do a lot of good. Baurakovsky has the chance to make the team this year, and Trotz seems like a big fan. He probably won't make a big splash, but I suppose it is possible he wins the first line lottery and then there you go! So if you're looking for a Hail Mary that might be it. But like other's have said the odds of either doing anything this year are pretty small. If you're going to win now then I'd trade either for a depth contributor but that's just me.

Thanks for the input guys. Neither will be making my active lineup this year just trying to figure out which one I want to season another year. I have both now but have to get my roster down by the start of the season. Guaranteed whichever one I drop will be snagged right away.
    Fwds: Benn, Hertl, Backstrom, Coleman, W.Karlsson, Marchand, Mcdavid, Bergeron, A.svechnikov, Malkin, W.Nylander, toffoli.

Rsrvs: Radulov, bjorkstrand, buchnevich, krebs, sanford, Grzelcyk, Suter, M.Lehtonen, Severson, Spurgeon, K'andre Miller, Allen, Mrazek, Prosvetov, Vanecek

Dobber Sports Sage

So pick one and try to trade the other one for a draft pick. Or trade whichever one gets you a better offer. It's not a bad problem to have if you are any good at trading.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    So pick one and try to trade the other one for a draft pick. Or trade whichever one gets you a better offer. It's not a bad problem to have if you are any good at trading.
    exactly, never drop when you can trade!

i have until october to try and swindle some two for one deals. but if it comes down to it. im thinking grigorenko may have a slight edge in talent sitting on my bench? just hate the buffalo factor. especially if burakovsky ends up taking backstroms spot somehow. still a little torn on this. Damn you apples n oranges!!

Dobber Sports Master

I am all about making trades to improve my team. Package the two of them up for a proven talent, and then hope like hell Grigorenko and Burakovsky never make it. LOL!

But seriously, you can't worry about what they might do if you can land someone who can do!

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy