Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Football rookie draft rankings

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Football rookie draft rankings

I am curious who you consider to be your top 5 ranked rookies to be drafted in a keeper league. I have been looking over various mock drafts and rankings and lots (if not all) have Sammy Watkins at #1. I have no issue with that. Who would you have in your next 4 draft slots if you were creating a pre-draft ranking.

0.5ppr, 1pt for every 20yds rushing and receiving
    6pts for TD
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Football rookie draft rankings

Sankey probably needs consideration due to opportunity.

The kid Denver drafted at wide out.

Richardson on Seattle.

The RB Chicago drafted.

And Hyde should be shooting up draft charts.

That's just off the top of my head. I have a Bridgewater bias as well as a vikings fan, but I'm not sure he's worth top 5 vs the chance some of these others peeps will have.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Initiate

This is a pretty good year for WRs, and given the scoring format that's probably how'd I'd lean. Personally I think Watkins/Evans are the top two rookies regardless, but after that I'd probably look at Cooks/Matthews, and then either Sankey/Hyde. So:

Watkins
    Evans

Cooks
    Matthews

Sankey
    Hyde

Dobber Sports Deity

Thanks for the replies guys. It will be interesting to see if a WR goes 1-2 in my draft. RB's always seem to steal the show.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by strider2k2 View Post
    This is a pretty good year for WRs, and given the scoring format that's probably how'd I'd lean. Personally I think Watkins/Evans are the top two rookies regardless, but after that I'd probably look at Cooks/Matthews, and then either Sankey/Hyde. So:

Watkins
    Evans

Cooks
    Matthews

Sankey
    Hyde
    Just a word of caution for dynasty leaguers....watch the Sankey hype. He doesn't have the wiggle Gio has, and he has no lateral quickness to get to the edge. That in effect makes him a 208lb 5'8" downhill runner. I don't see him being any more effective than a change of pace back who fades from the NFL in two-three years. Certainly not a volume guy. Just saying...

I rank T-West and Hyde over Sankey in any league set up.

Cooks is a 0-60 mph speed freak. He and Brees should quickly find chemistry. Matthews is strictly a slot guy. He'll also have Huff to compete with, but ball distribution on that team should be fluid and bountiful game-to-game.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Guru

Don't forget about Ebron!
    Stafford hasn't had a pass-catching TE (since Pettigrew has stone-hands) and he could rake in the catches midfield with Megatron and Tate running up the sidelines.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Padawan

My top 5 would be:

Watkins
    Evans
    Hyde
    Cooks
    Freeman

There are a handful of guys to choose from at #5 but I get the feeling that Freeman is going to have plenty of opportunity this year and next year, be the 1RB for the Falcons

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Don't forget about Ebron!
    Stafford hasn't had a pass-catching TE (since Pettigrew has stone-hands) and he could rake in the catches midfield with Megatron and Tate running up the sidelines.
    I like Ebron, but would you rank him in the top 5 for drafts?

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I like Ebron, but would you rank him in the top 5 for drafts?
    In dynasty leagues, yes. But don't expect too much first year outta the gate. These new TEs take a bit of time to adjust to the blocking and receiving responsibilities.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

Draft is underway

Watkins and Evans went 1-2. First time in my Dynasty that a RB hasn't gone 1st overall.

I was sitting at #4 for drafting but traded down to 10th overall to pick up a 4th rounder this year and a 2nd round pick next year.

Draft is underway

Watkins and Evans went 1-2. First time in my Dynasty that a RB hasn't gone 1st overall.

I was sitting at #4 for drafting but traded down to 10th overall to pick up a 4th rounder this year and a 2nd round pick next year.
    IMO...smart move Axeman. I was/am strongly advocating to all dynasty GMs to trade down out of the top 4-5. Those top slots traditionally are reserved for the high end QB/RB options that aren't present in this draft class. You may argue Watkins, Evans are elite talents, however, this draft is very strong and deep with long term talent at the RB/WR spots that I think you get great value by trading down. In a 12 team league there will be more than viable options still on the board at mid-third round.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    IMO...smart move Axeman. I was/am strongly advocating to all dynasty GMs to trade down out of the top 4-5. Those top slots traditionally are reserved for the high end QB/RB options that aren't present in this draft class. You may argue Watkins, Evans are elite talents, however, this draft is very strong and deep with long term talent at the RB/WR spots that I think you get great value by trading down. In a 12 team league there will be more than viable options still on the board at mid-third round.
    I have my eye on a couple guys I think could be there by 10. I know there will still be some excellent WR and some solid RB options available at 10. Guys like Terrance West or even Tre Mason. I drafted Zac Stacy last year so Tre Mason may be the way I go and get a solid young handcuff. I need a TE more though so if Ebron is still there, he would be my choice.

I have my eye on a couple guys I think could be there by 10. I know there will still be some excellent WR and some solid RB options available at 10. Guys like Terrance West or even Tre Mason. I drafted Zac Stacy last year so Tre Mason may be the way I go and get a solid young handcuff. I need a TE more though so if Ebron is still there, he would be my choice.
    I think Mason is more a change of pace back rather than a true handcuff to Stacy, my take anyway. Certainly if Ebron is on the board at 10 ya have to take him...but my T-West man crush may give me pause.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    I think Mason is more a change of pace back rather than a true handcuff to Stacy, my take anyway. Certainly if Ebron is on the board at 10 ya have to take him...but my T-West man crush may give me pause.
    LOL! Ya, I am doing my research now and I like what I have been reading about West for sure. If Ebrons there, he's my pick. If he goes before 10 then the scramble begins. It will depend on what WR slipped down to me and if I like West or Mason more than any of those WR. My keeper team is a work in progress and I dont really have that franchise WR on my roster. I have lots of WR depth with guys like Lafell, Greg Jennings, Edelman, Riley Cooper. Last year I drafted guys like Markus Wheaton, Quinton Patton and Josh Boyce. I will have to make some tough choices as we can only stash our draft picks in our minors for 1 year.

I will have to make some tough choices as we can only stash our draft picks in our minors for 1 year.
    Ahhhh, well, that certainly poses an interesting twist. I'm off to install a garage door opener [envy me]....keep me posted. I'll be back this afternoon.
    @SmittysRant