Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hampus Lindholm Points only?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Hampus Lindholm Points only?

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    I don't know, I've seen this a lot on these forums and I think it might be a case of "good player = good points". He's never shown much scoring upside through his whole career.....12 points (all assists) in 94 career SHL games. He was very young, yes, but he was playing top pairing minutes with Farjestad in 2011-12 when he had 8 assists in 49 games. Comparing Euro leagues to the NHL doesn't always work, but it gives you an idea of how he plays at least.

He's a very reserved player. And he was seen that way on these forums until the beginning of last season when he started the year strong. All of a sudden there were Brodin threads everywhere and the 50 point upside became a pretty common thing. Then he scored 13 points over his last 69 games and you stopped hearing about him.

A defenseman scoring on 10.8% of his shots, who doesn't have a very good shot anyway, and has 125 shots in 124 games, does not equal a future scoring leader. If Brodin ever hits 50 points I will eat a pair of my used underwear.
    I couldn't agree more. And when you consider 7 of those 18 points were on the PP, playing 23:34 per game and nearly 50% of all their short-handed time, he's becoming known more for his defensive work than his offense. Frankly that's his strength, he'll be the guy out there with Suter in the 3rd protecting a one-goal lead. Plus the fact that when it comes to offensive defensemen - Spurgeon is there, Dumba and Folin are coming through the ranks as well, I don't see where Brodin will ever be more than a 35-40 guy at his absolute apex. Great guy to have on your team, not so much when it comes to point production.
    XGL - 16 Team, Points Dynasty League
    $114M cap, 54+ Players, Year #16 - 1st(6x): 08, 12-13, 16, 18-19

F(9+3R): Rantanen, P Kane, Bergeron, Lindholm, Tarasenko, Kadri, Olofsson+
    R: Newhook, Perfetti+
    D(5+2R): Makar, Hronek, Dunn, Sanheim, Andersson
    R: Seider, Harley+

G(2+1R): Price, Varly

WHL - 24 Team Dobber League (Lake Valley Thunder) - 2020/21 Champion
    F: Aho, Bergeron, OV, Hintz, Hoffman+
    D: Hedman, Makar, Werenski, Hronek+
    G: Andersen, Lankinen, Oettinger
    R: Reichel, Timmins, Bjornfot, Cormier, Johnston+

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Hampus Lindholm Points only?

I think Lindholm will be looked apon to be the 'tough minutes' defender.. He will get his 30 points, but Fowler and Vatanen will get much more!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..