Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What is the worst movie you've ever seen?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default What is the worst movie you've ever seen?

I want you to tell me the worst of the worst. And no so-bad-they're-good-movies like The Room. What are the movies you truly hated because of their awfulness?

I'll start out with two that I really despise.

God's Not Dead - There aren't enough words to describe how this movie misses the mark on virtually every single point. Everything about this movie is horrendously bad. It's laughable if not for the fact that this brainless Christian propaganda movie actually exploded at the box office in the US.

The Secret - Once I was the treasurer for a university choir I was part of. We had one big show each semester. The fall semesters were always very successful with lots of choir members and lots of attendance. Spring semesters were always so-so because of a bunch of different reasons. So we're planning the spring show and the girl in charge suggests that we should get a comedian to do a gig alongside us while we sing funny songs (we tried to have a different theme every semester). We found out that this comedian would cost an insane amount of money relative to our account. We still had 10000 bucks or something, but it was good to have that buffer. Even with that buffer, this show ran the risk of bankrupting us and I told everyone that because it was pretty easy math. I also explained that we knew that spring semesters always saw a downturn in attendance. What does the girl in charge say to that? "I just saw a movie called The Secret and it said that if we just believe strongly enough in our cause, we will make it." I had seen the movie and I knew what kind of bullshit it is, but I couldn't understand how someone who has spent four years at a proper university could fall for such utter false sack of lies. It was as if she didn't have a critically thinking cell in her body. So she overruled me and the choir nearly went bankrupt. We had like 100 bucks left after all was said and done and consequently we couldn't do a big production the following fall. **** The Secret. It's complete bullshit.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: What is the worst movie you've ever seen?

anything adam sandler made in the past 10 years

also the last airbender was pretty bad, i don't understand how they could screw it up so badly when the tv show was insanely good. i guess anything m night shyamalan post 6th sense was pretty awful too.

Dobber Sports Veteran

The one that has always stuck in my head is Young Einstein.. But is was so long ago I do not remember exactly why.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Scenes from a Mall. It was a LONG time ago that I watched the movie but it was the first Woody Allen movie I ever watched at the time and I have refused to ever watch a Woody Allen movie since.

Praba,

Fifty First Dates was alright, though I don't remember if that was within the past 10 years or not. Other than that my kids enjoy Bedtime Stories. But he has made some really bad ones lately. The Last Airbender lasted about 5 minutes before I turned it off.

Dakkster,

I purposely avoided watching either of those movies since I knew how frustrated they would make me. They are not so much movies as propaganda pieces though.

Dobber Sports Superstar

The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountain - seriously that's the title of the movie. Saw it when I was about 9 and remember it being the dullest thing ever, don't know why I got stuck watching it. Looking back it was probably slightly better now that I'm in my 20s but I always remember it as being agonizingly brutal.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Padawan

Spider starring Ralph Fiennes. Must be about 10 years since I watched it. Can't remember a damn thing about the movie other than it was horrawful.

Dobber Sports Ace

Legion (2010).....An out-of-the-way diner becomes the unlikely battleground for the survival of the human race. When God loses faith in humankind, he sends his legion of angels to bring on the Apocalypse. Humanity's only hope lies in a group of strangers trapped in a desert diner with the Archangel Michael (played by Paul Bettany). Seems like it could be a decent plotline right? dead wrong!

Hulk (2003)...the one with Eric Bana....awful! Thank god they did The Incredible Hulk (with Ed Norton) to somewhat reconcile this great comic book character and then Hulk steals the show in Avengers! But I digress.
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Dakkster,

I purposely avoided watching either of those movies since I knew how frustrated they would make me. They are not so much movies as propaganda pieces though.
    I watched The Secret because a guy I knew insisted on it. He was the stereotype stoner and this movie made him think he could control the world around him with his thoughts. I felt like I had to see what the movie was about.

As for God's Not Dead, I enjoy watching movies that are so bad they become good. The Room, Sharknado, Birdemic, Troll 2 and so on. I was hoping this movie would be like that, but it was just infuriating to me with how it just got everything wrong yet seemed so goddamn smug about it. Intellectually dishonest propaganda.

If we're talking a movie that doesn't make me angry on an intellectual level, like those two, but is just bad in an annoying way, I would point to The Fly 2. I loved the original so much. Brilliant movie in a lot of ways. Then you get the sequel and it's just so bad. What a letdown.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Anyone else here actually actually tried to sit through "The Room" by Tommy Wiseau?

I mean it's funny when it's a "Best Of", but it's horrible garbage to watch all the way through.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Splice.

Worst movie I have ever seen.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Guru

Gigli. Took me three or four sittings to get through it.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    anything adam sandler made in the past 10 years.
    Oh gawd, I had to sit through one where he was in drag, playing his own sister or something. I can't really remember, thankfully.

I must say, I love my daughter dearly and think she's an absolutely terrific person with many, many admrable qualities. But she went down a few pegs in my esteem when she insisted that that garbage was funny. I mean being 8 years old can't excuse that kind of lapse in judgment.

Dobber Sports Master

Absolute worst was Dana Carvey's "the Master of Disguise" from 2002. I don't know what I was thinking when I rented it, but I know what I was thinking after: " Mr. Carvey, you just flushed your career down the toilet." And he did. I don't think he has done anything since. Hollywood directors who consider him for even the smallest of roles look back at this POS, and go hire PeeWee Herman to fill the role. Yikes!

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Absolute worst was Dana Carvey's "the Master of Disguise" from 2002. I don't know what I was thinking when I rented it, but I know what I was thinking after: " Mr. Carvey, you just flushed your career down the toilet." And he did. I don't think he has done anything since. Hollywood directors who consider him for even the smallest of roles look back at this POS, and go hire PeeWee Herman to fill the role. Yikes!

Oh God yes!

I forgot about this steaming pile of garbage!
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Splice.

Worst movie I have ever seen.
    is that the one where adrian brody bangs a female alien thing and then it turns into a dude and then rapes adrian body's girlfriend?

normally i hate posting spoilers but yea...don't watch it. unless you're into that kinda thing.