Page 92 of 310 FirstFirst ... 42 82 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 102 142 192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    Anyone at the game today?
    Yup! Gonna be a good one!
    Main Squad: H2H Multicat Points
    10 Team 16 Keepers

G:3 A:2 +/-:1 PPP:0.5 PIM:0.25 Shot:0.2 Hit:0.2 Block:0.2
    W:3 SV:0.2 GA:-1 SO:3

3C 3LW 3RW 5D 2G 5 BENCH 2IR

C: Crosby, Malkin, Giroux, Getzlaf, Barkov
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Landeskog, E. Kane
    RW: Kessel, Perry, Hudler, Atkinson
    D: Letang, Carlson, Yandle, Rielly, Leddy
    G: Schneider, Rask, Anderson

Prospects (5)
    Vasilevski Burakovsky Bjorkstrand Dvorak Chychrun

Dobber Sports All-Star

At least Dickey won't feel bad about being pulled today. It will be warranted Gibby.

1st inning. 2-0. Man at 2nd and none out.

Dobber Sports All-Star

2nd inning. 5-0. No one warming up in the bullpen. 7-1 lead and Gibson pulls him. I don't get it.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

With these reviews on steals.... Players are going to start calling time out as they are sliding into the base...

I hope the MLB can change the rule on this... They are going to deter players from stealing which is an exciting part of baseball games~

Dobber Sports Ninja

We should move Cliff Pennington permanently to the bullpen and drop Hawkins to AAA.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think the issue with the Jays bullpen is lack of use. It seems that Gibbons basically trusts Lowe, Sanchez and Osuna and that's who he's been using lately. Guys like Tepera, Hawk and others have barely seen any usage lately so to throw them into the game and expect much really wasn't fair to any of those guys.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

I think the biggest issue with the guys coming out of the bullpen is lack of work. It appears that Gibbons basically trusts Sanchez and Osuna (and to a smaller extent, Lowe) and the others have barely got a sniff of game play. Guys like Hawk, Tepera and others are barely getting into games anymore so to throw them into the fire and expect them to come in and be consistent in their location is tough. I realize they are all professionals, but these guys rely on consistent work and if they aren't getting it, their pitching, especially against a strong hitting team like KC, will be questionable at best.

Hopefully, that's the last time we will see Dickey this series.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I’m super glad I went to that game. I couldn’t believe the score at some points. I would kinda forget and be like, “oh we must only be down by 3” look up and it’s like 7-2.

5-0 in the first inning, you know Dickey’s ball isn’t dancing. Why even bring him out again? If I was the manager you gotta see his only pitch isn’t moving, cut your losses and bring in someone who can go 4 innings.

However, was cool to see Pennington pitch. I’m sure Gibbson asked his bench who could pitch and Pennington raised his hand and said, “well I got 1 fast pitch and 1 slow pitch? I’ll give it a try”. Good on him for trying it out.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

I sent a message to my buddies when it was 2-0 with a runner on that Gibby should take out Dickey. It's really easy to tell early on when Dickey's going to have a terrible game, I very much feel like he (like most pitchers, but even more so) is a momentum based pitcher. If he starts the game and gets swatted around for the first few ABs it's likely to continue through the rest of the game.

Axe - I said the exact same thing in September, and the situation has only become worse with Cecil going down and Loup going through what must be some really difficult problems. I had a feeling whatever it was it was weighing on his mind, which was why I really didn't like Gibby's decision to put him in to game 2. It had a minimal impact but there are some guys (like Dickey, like Chris Young), who will be going through turmoil in their personal lives and want to pitch their heart out, and there are some guys (like Loup) who will miss 3 elimination games to attend to their personal matters. I'm not judging Loup, we don't know what he's going through and whatever it is i'm sure it's more important than baseball but as a manager you have to think about these things. Hell, I'd probably have told him just to stay with his family and call someone else up. If his heads not in it why bother keeping him with the team.

Oh well, I've been pretty critical of Gibby over the past month or so but overall he's done a decent job I think. It's up to the players to play. Our league leading offense is getting shut down hard. Kudos to Hendriks for really settling the game down after Dickey's early implosion. He gave them a fighting chance.

Gonna have to put blinders on for teh commute home. Won't be able to get home utnil about 5:30..probably be missing the first 3-4 innings but have it PVR'd.

Dobber Sports Titan

I read this rule this morning. They can’t just put Loup on IR because of this (obviously, otherwise they would have already) and you can only replace a player when they are on the IR. The addition of that switchy pitcher they got off Waivers the other day has shown management knows they have no lefty depth, only crappy thing is they can’t use him at all this yr.

Dobber Sports All-Star

For the optimists. Only 2 teams have scored as many runs as KC in the first 4 games of a series and had 3-1 leads, the 2003 Cubs and the 2006 Yankees. Not 100% about the years but in both cases, they lost the series. Go Jays?

Dobber Sports Stud

excuse my ignorance but where is Hurtchinson???

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    excuse my ignorance but where is Hurtchinson???
    Not good enough to be here pretty much. Which is kind of funny and sad.

Dobber Sports Deity

I would have rather had Hutch going at Rogers Center last night over Dickey. I am really surprised they didn't roster him for long relief in case of such situations like they faced yesterday. That being said, Hendricks did do a fantastic job yesterday.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I would have rather had Hutch going at Rogers Center last night over Dickey. I am really surprised they didn't roster him for long relief in case of such situations like they faced yesterday. That being said, Hendricks did do a fantastic job yesterday.
    For the amount of times the Jays use their MRP right now, I would have thought a roster spot for Hutch was justifiable for yesterday’s situation.