Page 64 of 310 FirstFirst ... 14 54 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 74 114 164 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Some positive news. Tulo has his first throwing session today.

Dobber Sports Expert

Have to get up at 3am. Thx Dion

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Wow, what an incredible play by Donaldson on that tag at 3rd. Huge play at such a huge time. MVP MVP MVP
    Buck and Tabler nailed the tag itself, but the athleticism to jump like that and tag him quick as a cat in a perfect spot. Just a beautiful baseball play. Strong throw Jose, too.
    Donaldson made a big play, but the real MVP on that play was Bautista, who after that made an even more incredible throw to nail the runner at home at the 9th which set the stage for Navarro to tie the game up.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Just got back from the game... wow, what an atmosphere! The dome was going absolutely insane when Navarro tied it up, and when Encarnacion and Donaldson were up with the bases loaded (both striking out).

A few observations:
    -Our bullpen has been completely shitting the bed lately. And it's not just Sanchez. It's been Osuna, Lowe, Hendricks, Hutch... there's been no safe haven in the past week.
    -Something weird is going on with Donaldson. Call it a slump, call it whatever, but his at bats have been very low quality over the past 2-3 weeks.
    -Most concerning of all - the bats are going quiet. People have been saying it was inevitable all year, but they kept it up for so long and it feels like we're going cold at the worst possible time.

Dobber Sports Titan

Averaging 4.9Runs for without Tulo, and 3.6runs against. After the deadline till the game Tulo was hurt, 7.6Runs for, and 3.6Runs against.

This team has always been, work that starter out of the game early. This gets the RP in and they throw the fast ball more often than starters, which works in the Jays favour. They better get to Nova early today, and that starts with Donaldson actually producing at the plate today.

Also, we’ve all heard this before across any sport, good teams make teams make mistakes; great teams take advantage of those mistakes. Too often this team has had bases loaded and came away with nothing recently. 3 weeks ago that wasn’t happening. We just need that to start happening again and this team will look unbeatable again. Easier said than done tho.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    -Something weird is going on with Donaldson. Call it a slump, call it whatever, but his at bats have been very low quality over the past 2-3 weeks.
    Answer: Partly hes wearing out(he needs a rest. Thanks JG.) and pitchers are breaking balling him to death. Earlier they were throwing more fastballs earlier in the count, which is expected when you are a #2 hitter. Jacoby had him facing a lot of breaking balls at batting practice this week.[/QUOTE]

-Most concerning of all - the bats are going quiet. People have been saying it was inevitable all year, but they kept it up for so long and it feels like we're going cold at the worst possible time.
    It happens but like you say it seems like the worse time. I think the bullpen is the biggest problem though. Im very concerned!!!!

Dobber Sports Ninja

On the bright side Estrada pitched another great game. Nice to see him settle down after a rough first inning. Was a tough play on that hot shot for Smoak but he's been botching a lot of plays he normally makes lately.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Wow great game to watch last night, brutal way to lose.

I hate to knock Donaldson because he's clearly been the MVP but as others have said he's struggling right now. The other thing I really didn't like is that with 2 strikes in the 9th he was still taking his HR cut, all we need is a single and he doesn't bother to choke up at all.

Hutchinson was terrifying in relief. The only reason we don't give up another run is Bautista's beauty of a throw (Bautista's arm last night, WOW, twice!)
    When he was sent to the bullpen I figured there had to be a post-season roster spot for him, now I don't know why you'd have him on there.

Frustrating 10th inning for the Yankees, if Gibby inserts Martin to catch does he take the catcher interference call? Hope the Jays can get the bats rolling and take the rubber match tonight!
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Wow great game to watch last night, brutal way to lose.

I hate to knock Donaldson because he's clearly been the MVP but as others have said he's struggling right now. The other thing I really didn't like is that with 2 strikes in the 9th he was still taking his HR cut, all we need is a single and he doesn't bother to choke up at all.

Hutchinson was terrifying in relief. The only reason we don't give up another run is Bautista's beauty of a throw (Bautista's arm last night, WOW, twice!)
    When he was sent to the bullpen I figured there had to be a post-season roster spot for him, now I don't know why you'd have him on there.

Frustrating 10th inning for the Yankees, if Gibby inserts Martin to catch does he take the catcher interference call? Hope the Jays can get the bats rolling and take the rubber match tonight!
    Wasn’t it a slider that got Donaldson? It may have looked like a homerun cut but maybe it was just him trying to drop down to foul it off. I honestly can’t remember the pitch he swung on, but I thought it was inside low on him, which would have been Miller’s slider. But he did take a big cut at the 2nd pitch I’m pretty sure. Same with Edwin on a high heater at one point.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think Donaldson and Eddy's bases loaded at-bats were just terrible last night. Undisciplined... bad pitches to swing at. I think Eddy's strikeout was actually at a pitch that hit the dirt!

A simple base hit on of the 4-5 bases loaded at bats we had all night would have won us the game. So many chances last night, we really should have had that one. Huge waste of a clutch home run by Navarro.

I really do believe the sloppy defense we've seen over the past week is related to Tulo's absence. Not only is his defense absolutely solid, but I think he brings a certain level of effort, consistency and professionalism to the field every inning that holds the other players more accountable for their own positions. Obviously Goins, Penning, Barney don't command that kind of respect from the other players, so they are letting their guard down.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I might be thinking of an earlier at bat, but I thought Donaldson's K against Miller was actually a weak/late hack on a fastball. It looked like he was sitting on something off-speed since he had been getting so many of those pitches.
    They all seemed to blend together at that point. I can’t really remember today what he struck out on now.

Dobber Sports Expert

BRETT CECIL

Nothing more to say......

Dobber Sports Expert

My Osuna confidence gauge has moved up ever so slightly. Those sliders were nasty. If be can throw those more I see a great closer

Dobber Sports Ninja

Solid game tonight.

Bats still haven't come alive yet, but man, when Martin blasted that home run, you could feel the team collectively letting out a ton of pent up frustration and tension.

Donaldson looked good tonight too, hopefully he's turning the corner, and Stroman was obviously amazing.

Dobber Sports Expert

Dear Mr. Gibbons.
    I am writing you this letter as regards a certain 1B who knows how to smoke the ball and one, smoak, that doesn't. I believe you must be smoking some real cheap stuff when it come to choosing which Smoak/smoke to play.