Page 61 of 310 FirstFirst ... 11 51 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 71 111 161 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I was referring to the bobbleheads...

I think those guys have better things to do with their time than visit me at my office lol
    Duuuuuh must be all the chemicals in my bathroom cleaner.

LOL Your own Blue Jay Day

Dobber Sports Expert

Osuna has done nothing of late to make me feel confident

Dobber Sports Ninja

Dirty Sanchez strikes again...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

That was not the ending I was hoping for.. I didn't agree with bringing in Osuna in the 8th..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Expert

I know it was a small play but was it the correct call? Osuna bounced the ball in an Holt swung. I believe there was no conduct but a foul was called. That there was strike 3, no?
    Difference maker?

On a positive note: Matt Hague.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan321 View Post
    I know it was a small play but was it the correct call? Osuna bounced the ball in an Holt swung. I believe there was no conduct but a foul was called. That there was strike 3, no?
    Difference maker?
    If that were an out, I think it would have changed the outcome for sure. They didn't show a replay, but I think there most likely was contact, otherwise I'm sure the experienced Martin would've bitched about it.

Am I the only one who's hating on Dirty Sanchez?!?! That's 3 straight blown outings for the guy now!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    If that were an out, I think it would have changed the outcome for sure. They didn't show a replay, but I think there most likely was contact, otherwise I'm sure the experienced Martin would've bitched about it.

Am I the only one who's hating on Dirty Sanchez?!?! That's 3 straight blown outings for the guy now!
    they showed the replay, and the batter never touched the ball.....should have been a strike. even tabler on the replay said he never touched the ball. those stupid non-calls are the things that can change a ball game.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Expert

Jays lose again. They're just in rut, not clicking on all cylinders. Sloppy defence, not getting the calls and bad pitch selection.
    Hang in there or maybe Tulo was a big difference maker.

Then again bring on the yanks that's what we need.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sloppy play today by the Jays.

They just look out of sync out there.

-The bats are quiet. JD has been in a mini slump for a while now.
    -The defense is making all kinds of sloppy errors.
    -The bull pen is shitting the bed.

Maybe it's Tulo? Who knows... but they better get their shit together fast, Yanks are here.

Dobber Sports Expert

Don't look now but here come the Yankees. Only 2.5gms back.

Dobber Sports Ninja

That game on Saturday was a really really bad game to lose, especially in the way it was lost. No excuse for giving up 5 ****ing runs in the 9th inning for f sakes. Blowing the save is one thing, but 5 ****ing runs is another.

Also **** the Mets. Useless sacks of shit. How does Matt Harvey give you 5 innings of like 1 hit ball and promptly give up 11 runs after he leaves.

PS. I'd say hands down the biggest issue with this team is the defense turning to shit.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan321 View Post
    Osuna has done nothing of late to make me feel confident
    Well, not to go all "Wilner" on you but before Saturday's game he had pitched 3 and 2/3 innings and the only ground he'd given was one walk.

But the fact that Osuna has given up a homerun in 3 of his last 6 outings is definitely a concern. I just hope the young guys like Osuna and Sanchez are able to shut out the Toronto media shitstorm because it's just going to make the situation worse.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    That was not the ending I was hoping for.. I didn't agree with bringing in Osuna in the 8th..
    Another instance of Gibbons trying to be greedy and stretch guys out over multiple innings. What happened?

I'm serious when I say that the 8/9 inning guys have to be the 8/9 inning guys. Baseball is a huge mental game, and especially with young guys you don't want to **** with their flow.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    they showed the replay, and the batter never touched the ball.....should have been a strike. even tabler on the replay said he never touched the ball. those stupid non-calls are the things that can change a ball game.

They showed it once, and I quickly saw in the corner of my eye it changed directions. They didn’t really show enough of the ground on the replay for my liking, but it was like 3” from the ground, and it changed directions right before it hit the ground. You could hear 3 distinct sounds too when it was live. Bat, ground, glove. My dad freaked out at the replay tho, so maybe I saw it wrong. Umpires go by sound on those plays tho, so I thought I heard 3 sounds, so he prolly did too. Martin not complaining or even showing disagreement in his body language made me confident Holt hit the ball.

There was a call on 2-2 with 2 outs right before the homer where the 2nd strike was just outside the zone, called a strike (guy didn’t swing), and then the next pitch was in the same spot (pitch tracker had it covering strike2) and it was called a ball. It was outside the zone, but how do you call it a strike and a ball in back-to-back pitches? That happened a few times vs the Jays in that game. The strikes might have had movement that moved the ball into the strike zone when Martin caught it, then there was no movement on the ball pitches, but I wasn’t very pleased at those calls. The ump did call a great game otherwise on Saturday.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    There was a call on 2-2 with 2 outs right before the homer where the 2nd strike was just outside the zone, called a strike (guy didn’t swing), and then the next pitch was in the same spot (pitch tracker had it covering strike2) and it was called a ball. It was outside the zone, but how do you call it a strike and a ball in back-to-back pitches? That happened a few times vs the Jays in that game. The strikes might have had movement that moved the ball into the strike zone when Martin caught it, then there was no movement on the ball pitches, but I wasn’t very pleased at those calls. The ump did call a great game otherwise on Saturday.
    That's the problem with umps...and why I'm pretty conflicted on the whole question about whether or not to scrap umps calling balls and strikes period and just have robot umps do it.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!