Page 59 of 310 FirstFirst ... 9 49 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 69 109 159 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Damn, Price’s enthusiasm has me thinking Jays are pushing to the top of his preference list. Every play he was fist pumping the air it seemed like. Before I thought if the Jays threw enough money and popcorn at him he’d stay, but now he may stay based on the team and not just the money.
    Don't fool yourself. They are in the middle of a pennant race, of course he's fist pumping uncontrollably. He's a very competitive guy and wants to win but he's going to cash in big. I expect him to want in the same ballpark as what Kershaw is being paid.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    Don't fool yourself. They are in the middle of a pennant race, of course he's fist pumping uncontrollably. He's a very competitive guy and wants to win but he's going to cash in big. I expect him to want in the same ballpark as what Kershaw is being paid.
    I agree, but looking for the big payday is to be expected. Imagine what he's going to ask for should he win the Cy Young.

Either way, I do think the Jays have a lot to offer (and not just money) for Price going forward. Most of their key pieces are locked up and under control for a few more years so this may not just be a "one and done" year for the Jays.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan321 View Post
    LOL I was wondering if anyone else noticed and thought that.
    There is no question the Toronto environment (fans etc) has an incredible effect on people. It's just so tough. One thing I'd hate for sure is having to go through customs 81 more times + a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I agree, but looking for the big payday is to be expected. Imagine what he's going to ask for should he win the Cy Young.

Either way, I do think the Jays have a lot to offer (and not just money) for Price going forward. Most of their key pieces are locked up and under control for a few more years so this may not just be a "one and done" year for the Jays.
    Oh ya, he’ll get paid big. But when they acquired him I was thinking the Jays had to blow the barn doors open when it came to payday to even have him thinking about resigning with the Jays. So if he was looking for somewhere in the 30mill/yr deal, I was thinking the Jays had to go 35-40mill/yr. Now I’m thinking they can go somewhere closer to what the other teams will offer him.

Per customs, I think they go through a private customs where it’s just the team stepping through metal detectors. I can’t see them having a very tough time at airports.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

While I'm not naive enough to think that he's going to be willing to take any less than a premium to stay here, it does bode well for the organization that he seems to enjoy playing here. That's the kind of culture you want to have in this organization and it's one that has been lacking over the years. And you best believe that pitchers will want to play behind strong defensive teams, especially in the American League.

Dobber Sports Expert

Usually Professionnal sports team travel on private charters, which do not usually go to the main airport terminal. They park in the general aviation FBO's (fixed base operators) which are small private terminals. In a majority of those places customs officers come directly to the plane and clears the passengers and crew quickly and efficiently right on board. Some other places have private customs office to clear passengers.

interesting just read stuff above

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's nice that Price seems to be enjoying himself, but let's be realistic. Price is going to go where the money is. If someone offers up $40M... he will go there.

I find baseball isn't like hockey, where loyalties matter (not that he owes us any loyalty whatsoever considering he's been here 5 minutes) and stars sometimes take discounts. It's all about the Benjamins baby.

Of course he'll show team spirit... he's trying to make an impression, and he's enjoying the ride because we're the best team in baseball right now. He's also smart... the more he endears himself to the fan base, the more public pressure there will be on MLSE to pony up. It's a win-win for him - that's not to say he's faking it, but he has every reason to be loud and proud right now.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The Jays win again!! We are catching up to the Royals in a hurry!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

Nice to see my boy JD hit that late homer... he's been quite for a while now.

He's gotta keep pushing to remain MVP frontrunner!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Estrada with another gem. 8 IP 3 hits 2BB 4K. Loving that big ballpark for sure. Pennington also hasn't missed a beat filling in for Tulo.

Magic number down to 14 now.

Dobber Sports Expert

Hohum another typical night in the field for Goins. The bits keep coming too.

Dobber Sports Titan

Pennington to hit a homer on a 0-2 count is a solid piece of hitting. I still love how hitters still chase that high fastball from Estrada for the knockout pitch. I’d expect good hitters (like the ones we have) would eventually learn not to chase that pitch. How nuts would it be if the Jays got 3 40HR guys.
    Bautista – 35
    Edwin – 32
    Donaldson – 38
    16games left. 9 at home. 15 HR’s combined to get to that mark

Dobber Sports Titan

2nd half records:
    Royals 33-26
    Pirates 34-23
    Cards 35-21
    Cubs 37-21
    Jays 38-16

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Pennington to hit a homer on a 0-2 count is a solid piece of hitting. I still love how hitters still chase that high fastball from Estrada for the knockout pitch. I’d expect good hitters (like the ones we have) would eventually learn not to chase that pitch. How nuts would it be if the Jays got 3 40HR guys.
    Bautista – 35
    Edwin – 32
    Donaldson – 38
    16games left. 9 at home. 15 HR’s combined to get to that mark
    Me thinks JD hit his 39th last night, no?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Estrada with another gem. 8 IP 3 hits 2BB 4K. Loving that big ballpark for sure. Pennington also hasn't missed a beat filling in for Tulo.

Magic number down to 14 now.
    Not to mention the very light hitting Braves

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan321 View Post
    Me thinks JD hit his 39th last night, no?
    You’re right. And Edwin hit his 33rd. BaseballReference hadn’t updated their site yet.

Dobber Sports Expert

Why do u need Baseball referance? Didn't u watch the game last night? What kind of fan are u??? No excuses.

Bahaba