Page 46 of 310 FirstFirst ... 36 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 56 96 146 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Also, more positive news, Bautista and Sportsnet have ended their beef and Bautista did a 1-on-1 with Sportsnet before the game:
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/baseba...t-boycott.html
    Considering she was willing to give the suit for free and Sportsnet said no, just give a discount, I can appreciate Bautista's side a little more I suppose. I would venture to say that Sportsnet paid the difference and everyone is moving on.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Considering she was willing to give the suit for free and Sportsnet said no, just give a discount, I can appreciate Bautista's side a little more I suppose. I would venture to say that Sportsnet paid the difference and everyone is moving on.
    Yeah I suspect that was it. Also considering Travis' total was only $900 I'm glad it's been resolved.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Ninja

I can't believe how petty this was... both sides should be embarrassed.

And what's with Bautista always trying to be a hero... he should focus on his game more instead of constantly involving himself in these silly media scrums.

Love Bautista for what he brings to the team, but he comes across as such a little bitch sometimes. He could learn a thing or two from guys like Tulo and JD.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Every homer synced up to Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9jaMJvYNq0

Dobber Sports Ninja

Brutal error by Bautista today... stings even more because they would have tied it in the 8th.

Dobber Sports Deity

The Jays offense dropped the ball almost as badly as Bautista.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

I missed yesterday's game and was in an all day meeting today so this is the first time I've had a chance to post about this.

Bautista's mistake is going to happen. To be fair, this team has gotten a ton of good fortune over their road trip (Beltran in New York, everybody in LA, coaches not challenging in Texas). But what his error does expose is the lack of attention to detail which is something that kind of pisses me off about some of the guys on this team (well, as pissed off as I can be as a fan of a team who's shredding the league), and has been a beef I've had with Pillar's play through all of his highlight reel grabs. I think he's overrated and it's his ego that makes him such.

I think it's safe to say that we've seen enough of Pillar to know that dude always wants to be the hero, and that's one of the things that separates him (IMO) from being an average MLB player and a solid MLB player. We already saw him throw a temper tantrum last year with Gibbons when he got taken out of a game, and while he's admitted his mistake and claims he's done a lot of maturing you can tell in the way he plays the game that he really hasn't. When the guy goes up to the plate in a critical moment, how many times have we watched him swing for the fences and strike out on 3 straight pitches. How many times do we have to watch him dive for a ball that he has absolutely 0% chance of making a play on, leading to a single turning into a double/triple? Why wasn't he backing Bautista up on that play yesterday like baseball players are taught to do from when we're playing at the bantam level. You can see him in the corner on the replay just standing there in CF

It's admirable to have the ambition to want to be a hero in sport, but it has to be within reason. In order to function as a team it's important for your players to understand what their role is. Pillar's role isn't to get on the highlights every night, it's to play a solid CF. His role isn't to swing for the fences when we have guys in scoring position, it's to be able to lay down a solid bunt and move the runners over/work the count and slap a base hit.

Anyways, just a beef I've personally held because when I played baseball (nowhere near this level lmao), I couldn't hit for shit but I prided myself on playing solid fundamental defense and being able to do the little things to help the team win. This is what this team needs from its role players if a deep playoff run is really on the horizon IMO.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

BACK 2 BACK JACKS!! Tulo and Donaldson!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Superstar

Oh man Stamkos was at the Blue Jays game rocking a Jays hat and talking about what a Jays fan he was. Let the Stamkos to Toronto rumors fly!!!
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Oh man Stamkos was at the Blue Jays game rocking a Jays hat and talking about what a Jays fan he was. Let the Stamkos to Toronto rumors fly!!!
    If he is he'd better be careful playing SS. I thought be was going to blow out his arm with that throw to first. Incredible athlete

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by TigerUpperCut View Post
    Every homer synced up to Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9jaMJvYNq0
    23 HR from the left side of plate if any one was counting..........
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    23 HR from the left side of plate if any one was counting..........
    You've watched that video too many times. Or maybe I haven't watched it enough.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Edwin just added to the next video.......... 3-run BOMB!! Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

Edwin is just superhuman. jesus.

Dobber Sports Ninja

That was hilarious... I find it mind blowing how often these professionals lose count of the outs.