Page 288 of 310 FirstFirst ... 188 238 278 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 298 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Well today they'll be facing a very familiar guy so no excuses.
    No doubt about it.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The better team won today. No excuse for allowing that kind of comeback. I hope Springer is okay.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Unreal
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Immortal

What an embarrassing collapse.

Dobber Sports Icon

Oh man... just caught the highlights... oof what a way to go out.

Sorry to see that Jays fans. I was rooting for them
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Icon

Feel for my TO buddies, next year…

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Veteran

Are they learning from the Leafs….
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Immortal

Has to be another big offseason of spending. The team has to capitalize on these years.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Has to be another big offseason of spending. The team has to capitalize on these years.
    Yes, tick tock…
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Immortal

Civale vs Taillon....delayed. Yuck that stinks.

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/BlueJays/status/1583448307031949313

OFFICIAL: We’ve agreed to terms with John Schneider on a three-year contract as Manager with a team option for the 2026 season!

Congratulations, Skip ��
    I had read somewhere that the Jays were possibly going to check into the availability/interest of Terry Francona. I guess we know how that went.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

My Jays offseason Checklist:
    1. Starting Pitching - Jays Rotation going into next yr is Manoah, Gausman, Berrios, Pearson, White. They need to sign 2 guys and one should be Stripling. Injuries happen so if you have White and Pearson as your 6th and 7th starter, that's a fine spot. With Kikuchi as another RP that can start. If they can go out and get like Gibson, Manaea or Quintana then they can at least string together streaks and start sweeping series.

2. Relievers - Jays relievers at the top end of the BP is pretty set. Romano, Garcia, Mayza, Cimber. But you need another one of those guys. Bass, Pop, Kikuchi, Pearson, Merryweather. They are guys who can throw in the MLB, but you should be looking at getting someone that pushes Cimber down. They need a strikeout guy, and another arm. Taylor Rogers, Martin, Jansen, Strahm, Leclerc, M.Castro, and lets go crazy and say Edwin Diaz lol.

3. Outfield - Teoscar is in his final yr of Arbitration, Gurriel has 2 yrs of team control left. Springers health is obvious. They need a Lefty, so this is a good time to try and get a bench CF that hits left. Or get more creative and get a CF and move Springer to the corner OF and move Gurriel/Teo. Nimmo, JBJ, Tapia, Kiermaier, Brinson are some options.

4. Deal With Stars - Bichette, Vlad, and Manoah. Either extend them now, or move them. When I say move, I'm looking at Bichette. I have NO instead knowledge here, but I would think Bichette is more likely to not end his career with Toronto over Vlad. Would I want them both? Yeah, but extend all 3, however I get extending all 3 now would be a tall task

5. Deal With the Catchers - Moreno, Jansen and Kirk. That's a huge amount of depth. I say move Kirk as I do get he's a good batter, but I much rather have Jansen/Moreno as my catchers, and open up a DH spot for someone else. Bye Kirk to me.

6. For the Fans - Have fun watching Tiedemann and Orelvis Martinez highlights. In spring training watch Zulueta and Juenger (RHPs) as they could push for a MLB spot. Zulu is a 99mph thrower who could have made some talk last yr but tore his ACL covering a base in Single A. Juenger is a 96mph FBer with a solid slider. He should be talked about at Spring Training.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    My Jays offseason Checklist:
    1. Starting Pitching - Jays Rotation going into next yr is Manoah, Gausman, Berrios, Pearson, White. They need to sign 2 guys and one should be Stripling. Injuries happen so if you have White and Pearson as your 6th and 7th starter, that's a fine spot. With Kikuchi as another RP that can start. If they can go out and get like Gibson, Manaea or Quintana then they can at least string together streaks and start sweeping series.

2. Relievers - Jays relievers at the top end of the BP is pretty set. Romano, Garcia, Mayza, Cimber. But you need another one of those guys. Bass, Pop, Kikuchi, Pearson, Merryweather. They are guys who can throw in the MLB, but you should be looking at getting someone that pushes Cimber down. They need a strikeout guy, and another arm. Taylor Rogers, Martin, Jansen, Strahm, Leclerc, M.Castro, and lets go crazy and say Edwin Diaz lol.

3. Outfield - Teoscar is in his final yr of Arbitration, Gurriel has 2 yrs of team control left. Springers health is obvious. They need a Lefty, so this is a good time to try and get a bench CF that hits left. Or get more creative and get a CF and move Springer to the corner OF and move Gurriel/Teo. Nimmo, JBJ, Tapia, Kiermaier, Brinson are some options.

4. Deal With Stars - Bichette, Vlad, and Manoah. Either extend them now, or move them. When I say move, I'm looking at Bichette. I have NO instead knowledge here, but I would think Bichette is more likely to not end his career with Toronto over Vlad. Would I want them both? Yeah, but extend all 3, however I get extending all 3 now would be a tall task

5. Deal With the Catchers - Moreno, Jansen and Kirk. That's a huge amount of depth. I say move Kirk as I do get he's a good batter, but I much rather have Jansen/Moreno as my catchers, and open up a DH spot for someone else. Bye Kirk to me.

6. For the Fans - Have fun watching Tiedemann and Orelvis Martinez highlights. In spring training watch Zulueta and Juenger (RHPs) as they could push for a MLB spot. Zulu is a 99mph thrower who could have made some talk last yr but tore his ACL covering a base in Single A. Juenger is a 96mph FBer with a solid slider. He should be talked about at Spring Training.
    1. I dont think Stripling is coming back. I think he signs for bigger money than the Jays are willing to pay for a 4th or 5th starter, which is all he should be, even though he was their 3rd best SP this past season. You forgot to mention Ryu, who could very well be back by mid season next year. They definitely need another starter of some quality to come in, if not two. I dont know if Pearson ever turns into what they expected him to be, but they sure can't rely on it at this point to start. Berrios was a massive disappointment. He was terrible and just plain inconsistent. Gave up way too many HRs and had one of the worst ERAs for starters. Other than Manoah and Gausman, I am not sure I trust the rest of the starting rotation. No reason Berrios can't find his way back but it baffles me how Pete Walker can be seen as a pitching guru when the teams rotation struggled like it did (Berrios, Kikuchi). There should be some decent middle of the rotation arms coming available this summer that could fill holes.

2. The bullpen is their biggest issue IMO. No depth there really and much like the starters, inconsistent. Finding quality relievers are such a crap shoot though so it's hard to invest in them. I agree with your top four listed, but they need way more than that. I like Pearson here more than as a starter.

3. They kind of have a lefty replacement CF already in JBJ but he's just a backup at this point and not someone I am sure I'd trust as a regular starter every time Springer goes down, which seems to be way too often. Same for Tapia. I dont like the idea, but trading away Teoscar before he get PAID might not be a bad idea for some quality depth within the organization. Getting a solid lefty in their lineup is something they need to focus on.

4. I doubt any of the stars get moved but someone I wouldnt mind seeing get moved, who keeps getting lumped in the discussion with the big guys is Biggio. I have always found him overrated so maybe other teams see upside in him and are willing to take him on. He's never really found a "home" position in Toronto. He's just not good enough in any position to say he's their long term solution there.

5. I'd say shop both Jansen or Kirk and take the best return you can get. I agree that Moreno is in the conversation now and is pounding on the door to play regularly but I dont see the Jays moving him. I can see Kirk being more attractive due to his contract situation and longer team control vs Jansen.

6. For the fans, I'd say the Jays need to keep building for today and trying to find a way to improve on what they have built. If you build it, they will come and the fans have clearly shown ownership they will come if the team is successful.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

With an estimated 12-18month recovery for Ryu (Had TJS in June), I wouldn't think he's back in 2023.

As for another fan point. Jays could be in on an Ohtani winter meeting trade. Ohtani is in the final yr of his deal, Angels can't afford his next one, Ohtani wants to win. They INSTANTLY signed him to a 1yr, $30m deal (before the regular season even finished) which is likely done to make a trade easier to facilitate with teams knowing his pay for the 2023 season.

Pete Simonetti tweeted yesterday the Jays are going hard for Ohtani. I think the Jays start the offer with Moreno or Kirk. Add Tiedemann. Then start building outwards from there. Depending on Ohtani's desire to stay or hit FA would determine his trade value, and the Jays could even get an offer of Tiedemann, Moreno, Biggio, and Teoscar/Gurriel for Ohtani. The issue would be Teo, Gurriel, and Biggio aren't real assets for the Angels, so they'd have to have a desire to flip them.

Some things to consider though. Jays have a ton of cap space coming up, they have a winning team, they have the OK to go star hunting in the trade market (They were after Jose Ramirez last yr) and they have the OK to spend money. I'm not holding my breath for the Jays and Ohtani, but man would I get an Ohtani jersey pretty freaking quickly.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    With an estimated 12-18month recovery for Ryu (Had TJS in June), I wouldn't think he's back in 2023.

As for another fan point. Jays could be in on an Ohtani winter meeting trade. Ohtani is in the final yr of his deal, Angels can't afford his next one, Ohtani wants to win. They INSTANTLY signed him to a 1yr, $30m deal (before the regular season even finished) which is likely done to make a trade easier to facilitate with teams knowing his pay for the 2023 season.

Pete Simonetti tweeted yesterday the Jays are going hard for Ohtani. I think the Jays start the offer with Moreno or Kirk. Add Tiedemann. Then start building outwards from there. Depending on Ohtani's desire to stay or hit FA would determine his trade value, and the Jays could even get an offer of Tiedemann, Moreno, Biggio, and Teoscar/Gurriel for Ohtani. The issue would be Teo, Gurriel, and Biggio aren't real assets for the Angels, so they'd have to have a desire to flip them.

Some things to consider though. Jays have a ton of cap space coming up, they have a winning team, they have the OK to go star hunting in the trade market (They were after Jose Ramirez last yr) and they have the OK to spend money. I'm not holding my breath for the Jays and Ohtani, but man would I get an Ohtani jersey pretty freaking quickly.
    I heard about the Ohtani rumors. That would be a huge get for the Jays should it happen, both on the field and off. He would bring in HUGE Japanese advertisers, which is big money for ownership. Not sure it happens, but I'd love to see it. And I am not sure the Jays have a ton of cap space coming in. They have to sign Manoah and Vladdy soon, and those wont be cheap contracts. Chapman is in the last year of his deal too and while the bat hasn't been as good as they hoped, the glove has been a huge upgrade for them.