Page 151 of 310 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 161 201 251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I don't understand what you mean. With the exception of Liriano (2.92 era as a Jay), they would need at least 4 runs to win regardless of who is pitching. Even if Sanchez was pitching, they would need 4 runs.
    I must by misinterpreting what you meant...
    They won 2-1 most recently.

I know what you mean by they need to score at least 4 based on ERA of the opposing team, and ERA on the Jays. But he was saying he doesn’t think the Jays can win in a Slugfest, and nor do I. But with a starting ERA of like 1.25 since like September 14th, the Jays just need to get a lead early to avoid chasing the game vs Britton and allowing the BP some cushion.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Apparently the dome will be open tonight

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm okay with this selection of Stroman to start tonight's game. I think he's a big game starter, and I think as much as he overtly shows confidence out on the field, he needs to feel confidence from his manager/fanbase to really thrive.

I think if anything, if you opt not to start Stroman here it might have lingering effects into the playoffs even if we did make it through.

They gave him the ball last year when they needed it and he came through. Sometimes with baseball you do just have to go with your gut.

That being said if it blows up I can't wait to hear all of the Gibby bashers saying I told you so.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I'm okay with this selection of Stroman to start tonight's game. I think he's a big game starter, and I think as much as he overtly shows confidence out on the field, he needs to feel confidence from his manager/fanbase to really thrive.

I think if anything, if you opt not to start Stroman here it might have lingering effects into the playoffs even if we did make it through.

They gave him the ball last year when they needed it and he came through. Sometimes with baseball you do just have to go with your gut.

That being said if it blows up I can't wait to hear all of the Gibby bashers saying I told you so.
    There was a Beaverton article that had the headline "300,000 injured as bandwagon crashes outside SkyDome" and that's all I can think of if they lose tonight. You'll have all the fairweather fans coming up with half-cocked complaints about why they lost and what they should have done.

Sure, if Stroman gives up 4 in the first 3 innings, that'll suck, and we'll have to dig deep into the bullpen; but that's what they're paid for, to come in and relieve. At the end of the day, it's a team game, and there are lots of players who need to have an impact tonight to get the job done. Stroman has shown he can thrive under the pressure in the past, so here's hoping he comes out with his best stuff today. Same goes for the bats. I'm just hoping its a fun game to watch!
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Titan

Stroman post-season:
    Against Texas
    0-0, 2GS, 13IP, 11H, 6R, 5ER, 1HR, 3BB, 9Ks. He did pretty well. 3.46ERA
    Against Royals
    1-0, 1GS, 6.1IP, 11H, 4R, 4ER, 0HR, 1BB, 1K. Not good. 5.68ERA

He played game 5 of the elimination game vs Texas. He was great.
    He played game 3 vs KCR down 2-0 in the series, and did his job. He was given a 9-2 cushion after the 3rd tho.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Stroman post-season:
    Against Texas
    0-0, 2GS, 13IP, 11H, 6R, 5ER, 1HR, 3BB, 9Ks. He did pretty well. 3.46ERA
    Against Royals
    1-0, 1GS, 6.1IP, 11H, 4R, 4ER, 0HR, 1BB, 1K. Not good. 5.68ERA

He played game 5 of the elimination game vs Texas. He was great.
    He played game 3 vs KCR down 2-0 in the series, and did his job. He was given a 9-2 cushion after the 3rd tho.
    Ya I mean.....stats aren't really in his favor. If they know something we don't then that's fine. Like I have to assume/hope the minds behind making this decision know more than any fan. That's their job.

But if this is coming from management down well I don't really agree with that at all. Should be whatever it takes to win this game. It's not like they're the Jays from last year who could easily put up 10 every night. This is a totally different team.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Ya I mean.....stats aren't really in his favor. If they know something we don't then that's fine. Like I have to assume/hope the minds behind making this decision know more than any fan. That's their job.

But if this is coming from management down well I don't really agree with that at all. Should be whatever it takes to win this game. It's not like they're the Jays from last year who could easily put up 10 every night. This is a totally different team.
    Oh I like the call for Stroman, I just thought the stats against him were surprising and would share.

But lets take into account LIriano HAS pitched from the pen this yr and Stroman hasn’t. With weighing everything, I like the Stroman decision IF Liriano is the first one coming out of the BP. If Stroman isn’t going 7+IP obviously.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Oh I like the call for Stroman, I just thought the stats against him were surprising and would share.

But lets take into account LIriano HAS pitched from the pen this yr and Stroman hasn’t. With weighing everything, I like the Stroman decision IF Liriano is the first one coming out of the BP. If Stroman isn’t going 7+IP obviously.
    That is a great point. Plus if Stroman does well.....I would say bringing in a lefty (who Baltimore is generally worse against) looks a lot better to me than if Liriano does well and then bringing in a righty (who Balt is generally better against).

Dobber Sports Titan

I’m pumped tho. It’s going to be so loud. Sadly the Dome is open and won’t have the echo effect, but the streets outside will be SOOOO LOUD. You’ll hear if the Jays win from Oakville I bet.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Stro is playing well.

Dobber Sports Monster

just win baby!

jose bautistas home run was awesome. keep em coming please

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    just win baby!

jose bautistas home run was awesome. keep em coming please
    That's all I want today is to see the Blue Jays play another opening playoff round against Texas.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Monster

Dam what happened. I stopped watching while i eat.

Dobber Sports Monster

Why aren't the jays putting in Liriano to relieve? I know its different situation than coming in at the start of the game buy he would be our best bet right now. Ride him until the game is over

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Stro is pitching well. Made Hardy look silly last inning.

One more inning?