Page 136 of 310 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 146 186 236 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I'm a Red Sox fan but have a soft spot for the Jays. I really hope they don't play in the Wild Card. Would love to see a Red Sox vs Jays ALCS though. My 92-year-old grandmother is the biggest Jays fan I know, so part of me really hopes they go all the way this year for her(although the selfish part still wants to see the Red Sox win).

Should be a Wild last couple of months either way. I just hope the Orioles and Yanks fall back before too long.
    Except as a Jays fan I rather play the Orioles lol. The last thing I want to see is Price flip the script on good regular season bad playoffs. He’s been bad regular season……uh oh.

Plus Orioles have ZERO pitchers I’d be worried about locking down a game. They have Britton and Brach, and that’s it in my eyes. O’Day isn’t that good.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Except as a Jays fan I rather play the Orioles lol. The last thing I want to see is Price flip the script on good regular season bad playoffs. He’s been bad regular season……uh oh.

Plus Orioles have ZERO pitchers I’d be worried about locking down a game. They have Britton and Brach, and that’s it in my eyes. O’Day isn’t that good.
    I don't think Boston has frig-all for pitching either. Price has been mediocre all season and we can only hope his streak of questionable playoff performances continues this year (assuming they even get in).
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I don't think Boston has frig-all for pitching either. Price has been mediocre all season and we can only hope his streak of questionable playoff performances continues this year (assuming they even get in).
    Pomeranz has done well to a point, Porcello, has 5wins, 2.40ERA, 0.76WHIP in the last month, Wright can be on or off because of a Knuckler, Price is still Price, Krimbel is back and done well, Ziegler isn’t bad.

I rather face Baltimore’s pitching staff than Boston’s, because Boston’s just needs to keep it under 4runs to win games.

However Baltimore does have Bundy who’s been on cruise control when he’s starting. But it’s Tillman and Bundy as their SP. And Bundy has only gone 70IP this yr, so he’s a big question mark.

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont think either team can match up to the Jays starters (Dickey won't be an option come playoff time, same for Liriano).
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I dont think either team can match up to the Jays starters (Dickey won't be an option come playoff time, same for Liriano).
    100% agree. Toronto has the best balance of offense, defense, and pitching, especially come playoff time when BP depth isn’t really a thing.

Dobber Sports Titan

100% agree. Toronto has the best balance of offense, defense, and pitching, especially come playoff time when BP depth isn’t really a thing.
    With you on that. Our roster is made to be a playoff roster. No matter who they play it will be some great games down the wire, and hopefully into October.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

My main concern with the Jays come playoffs is their ability to generate runs when the pitching gets tougher and the long ball evades them. Travis definitely adds another element to the team, but looking back to last years playoffs, the Royals beat them running the bases. Cain scoring from 1st on a right field blooper is a prime example. It's one area I don't know if it has been addressed enough or not. Having a healthy Saunders & Travis definitely helps. Hoping Pillar is healthy is another hard nosed aggressive base runner.

Lots of late inning runner substitutions for Upton is what I'm hoping to see. Get Bautista/Edwin off the base paths in tight games as much as possible. The need t be able to produce at least one run a series with the ball never leaving the infield. Their record in 1-run games is awful.

Regarding their pitching. I trust Stroman to perform. I trust Estrada to perform. Sanchez I want to trust in a pressure cooker, but he'll have to prove it. Happ could go either way. There's been more than one of those one-hit great season pitchers that don't continue that dominance in the playoffs, so I've got my fingers crossed on him.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

How don’t you trust Happ? Also Edwin is a great base runner he’s just not fast, and would only be lifted in the final inning (8th/9th) of a 1 run game. Lifting Edwin likely means you are forfeiting a DH spot (come playoffs).

If Saunders could hit a breaking ball, this team takes another step forward.

Dobber Sports Jedi

How don’t you trust Happ? Also Edwin is a great base runner he’s just not fast, and would only be lifted in the final inning (8th/9th) of a 1 run game. Lifting Edwin likely means you are forfeiting a DH spot (come playoffs).

If Saunders could hit a breaking ball, this team takes another step forward.
    I didn't say I don't trust Happ. I said I think he could go either way. I've seen more than once a one-off dominant season from a pitcher (he's never put up numbers like this before) get crushed in the playoffs. Sometimes it's their location of stuff more than the quality of the stuff they're throwing that has led to their season success.

Last year, KC turned several singles into doubles. They rarely stopped at 2nd on a single and the runner moved to third every time. In a 1-run game or tie game anyone in that line up was a threat to lay down a bunt to move him along.

The Jays rarely do this. That's my point. That's my concern. They don't manufacture enough runs.

In a late close game... Edwin's smart but slow base-running will be subbed. Whoever replaces him becomes the DH. Their is no 'forfeit of the spot per say
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I didn't say I don't trust Happ. I said I think he could go either way. I've seen more than once a one-off dominant season from a pitcher (he's never put up numbers like this before) get crushed in the playoffs. Sometimes it's their location of stuff more than the quality of the stuff they're throwing that has led to their season success.

Last year, KC turned several singles into doubles. They rarely stopped at 2nd on a single and the runner moved to third every time. In a 1-run game or tie game anyone in that line up was a threat to lay down a bunt to move him along.

The Jays rarely do this. That's my point. That's my concern. They don't manufacture enough runs.

In a late close game... Edwin's smart but slow base-running will be subbed. Whoever replaces him becomes the DH. Their is no 'forfeit of the spot per say
    Well, Happ has done it for a season now dating back to last yr (when he was traded to Pitts).

And I’m like 90% once you move a DH out of a game (pinch hit, pinch run) you remove the DH from the game and now the pitcher must hit. Or am I getting something mixed up here? Jays have done this a few times this yr.

Nvm totally getting that mixed up if a DH comes into play the field.

Banned

As a on Jays fan, I'm not scared of the Jays pitching to be honest. Any of them can either dominate or get shelled. They don't have an ace and they don't have much experience in big games.

Boston has Pomeranz, Wright, Porcello, Price, and E-Rod who is pitching very well. Wright is like Estrada or Happ in the sense that they were not expected to be great.

- - - Updated - - -

Boston is pretty similar. Much better offense, decent pitching, and exceptional defense on outfield, SS, and 2B.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    As a on Jays fan, I'm not scared of the Jays pitching to be honest. Any of them can either dominate or get shelled. They don't have an ace and they don't have much experience in big games.

Boston has Pomeranz, Wright, Porcello, Price, and E-Rod who is pitching very well. Wright is like Estrada or Happ in the sense that they were not expected to be great.

- - - Updated - - -

Boston is pretty similar. Much better offense, decent pitching, and exceptional defense on outfield, SS, and 2B.
    Toronto vs Boston:
    Catcher – Toronto
    1B – Boston, but only slightly. Hanley is better offensively, Smoak is way better defensively
    2B – This one was close, but I would say Pedrioa
    3B – Toronto
    SS – Boston, but Tulo is heating up, and his defense is just as good as Bogaerts.
    LF – Wash. Haven’t seen enough of Benny to figure this one out.
    CF – Wash or slight Boston. Pillar is better defensively, JBJ is better offensively
    RF – Boston. No explanation
    DH – This is a close one, but Boston. Ortiz is going off offensively. But Edwin is no slouch.

SP: Toronto.
    BP: No clue
    Set up guy: Grili is doing very well. Toronto
    Closer: This yr, Osuna, but Kimbrel is still one of the best. Wash.

So, I’d say it’s even one either side. But you never know who gets cold or hot in the playoffs.

Banned

Toronto vs Boston:
    Catcher – Toronto
    1B – Boston, but only slightly. Hanley is better offensively, Smoak is way better defensively
    2B – This one was close, but I would say Pedrioa
    3B – Toronto
    SS – Boston, but Tulo is heating up, and his defense is just as good as Bogaerts.
    LF – Wash. Haven’t seen enough of Benny to figure this one out.
    CF – Wash or slight Boston. Pillar is better defensively, JBJ is better offensively
    RF – Boston. No explanation
    DH – This is a close one, but Boston. Ortiz is going off offensively. But Edwin is no slouch.

SP: Toronto.
    BP: No clue
    Set up guy: Grili is doing very well. Toronto
    Closer: This yr, Osuna, but Kimbrel is still one of the best. Wash.

So, I’d say it’s even one either side. But you never know who gets cold or hot in the playoffs.
    JBJ is better all around defensively than Pillar. I don't think you've seen him play.

How was 2B close at all?

BP goes to Boston with Ziegler and Kimbrel alone.

it is very close, but I would take Boston over Toronto 100% in a series based on the playoff experience and clutch bats.

The way people talk about the Jays makes me gag sometimes. They're not dominating the league, they may not even make it past one wild card game.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    JBJ is better all around defensively than Pillar. I don't think you've seen him play.

How was 2B close at all?

BP goes to Boston with Ziegler and Kimbrel alone.

it is very close, but I would take Boston over Toronto 100% in a series based on the playoff experience and clutch bats.

The way people talk about the Jays makes me gag sometimes. They're not dominating the league, they may not even make it past one wild card game.
    I have watch JBJ, and it helps him that he has Mookie and a crazy small field to play in.

Travis has just started playing to form, and he’s played like 50 less games than Pedroia. Travis also just started hitting at the top of the order. Pedroia’s dWAR is 1.5, and Devon’s while playing in about 50 less games is 0.6. They have practically the same range (based on RangeFactor, DP is slightly more). If you actually look at an over 150games rated offensive stats, it’s practically a wash between the two now. That’s why I said it was close. The offensive numbers are very close to each other, and Travis on D is only slightly less than Pedroia.

And I separated Closer and set up from the BP. So Kimbrel and Ziegler (cause he’s the set up guy) aren’t included. Due to days’ rest in the playoffs, your set up guy and closers roles become that much more important because they’ll be pitching every game pretty much.

And playoff experience. I had something typed out about Boston really only having Ortiz and Pedroia as experienced players for Boston. But some people have different thoughts on this. So it was safer to leave it out. Personally, I don’t care how many games Ortiz has played when JBJ is up to bat, or if Zeigler comes in to face Donaldson. My thinking is baseball playoff experience is much different than other team sports, because most of the time in baseball, it’s 1v1 (pitcher vs batter).

Banned

I have watch JBJ, and it helps him that he has Mookie and a crazy small field to play in.

Travis has just started playing to form, and he’s played like 50 less games than Pedroia. Travis also just started hitting at the top of the order. Pedroia’s dWAR is 1.5, and Devon’s while playing in about 50 less games is 0.6. They have practically the same range (based on RangeFactor, DP is slightly more). If you actually look at an over 150games rated offensive stats, it’s practically a wash between the two now. That’s why I said it was close. The offensive numbers are very close to each other, and Travis on D is only slightly less than Pedroia.

And I separated Closer and set up from the BP. So Kimbrel and Ziegler (cause he’s the set up guy) aren’t included. Due to days’ rest in the playoffs, your set up guy and closers roles become that much more important because they’ll be pitching every game pretty much.

And playoff experience. I had something typed out about Boston really only having Ortiz and Pedroia as experienced players for Boston. But some people have different thoughts on this. So it was safer to leave it out. Personally, I don’t care how many games Ortiz has played when JBJ is up to bat, or if Zeigler comes in to face Donaldson. My thinking is baseball playoff experience is much different than other team sports, because most of the time in baseball, it’s 1v1 (pitcher vs batter).
    JBJ plays CF which is 420 feet deep. not a small CF at all

The rest of your points are fair.