Page 129 of 310 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 139 179 229 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    First, Bautista has to approve of the trade and be willing to move. If he does, why would the Dodgers give a young stud OF up for a couple months of Jose?

The Jays are in an interesting spot. If Sanchez gets moved to the pen, then you need to find a SP. Is Hutch that guy? Personally, I hate taking Sanchez out of the rotation but our BP would become rock solid with him in it. Or do the Jays move a highly regarded prospect like Pompey or Greene? One of them could be packaged to land a starter with a year of control.
    I don’t want to be knit picky, but in baseball you can open a window for another team to negotiate with a player, and then do a trade. Like I said. And I did mention Bautista NTC he’d have to waive. But I don’t see why Bautista wouldn’t waive his NTC to go to the Dodgers, unless he Sundin’s Toronto, but that’s not Bautista. He’s looking to get paid.

A time example would be, “Wednesday July 20th, Jays trade Bautista to Puig on the condition that the Dodgers can sign Bautista within the next week”. “July 28th, without a deal getting done between Bautista and Dodgers, the possible trade of Bautista to Puig falls apart”. And like I said, you pretty much kick Bautista to the curb if you do this anyways, but unlike hockey, the Jays at least still get a 1st round pick when he signs with another team.

Also, Dodgers want Puig out of the clubhouse to a point. And Toronto has some odd ability to turn bad clubhouse guys into solid players. Most recently Michael Saunders. He was apparently a terribly unmotivated player in Seattle; he was not good to have in the clubhouse. He was almost instantly turned around when moved to Toronto (then sadly blew his knee out).

If you’re to lose Bautista (they have to have a good idea by now what EE and JB are thinking), Puig is a solid chance to take for a replacement. But if they want the whole “mental leader ball player” I don’t know if the management team takes a chance on Puig. I would tho.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I don’t want to be knit picky, but in baseball you can open a window for another team to negotiate with a player, and then do a trade. Like I said. And I did mention Bautista NTC he’d have to waive. But I don’t see why Bautista wouldn’t waive his NTC to go to the Dodgers, unless he Sundin’s Toronto, but that’s not Bautista. He’s looking to get paid.

A time example would be, “Wednesday July 20th, Jays trade Bautista to Puig on the condition that the Dodgers can sign Bautista within the next week”. “July 28th, without a deal getting done between Bautista and Dodgers, the possible trade of Bautista to Puig falls apart”. And like I said, you pretty much kick Bautista to the curb if you do this anyways, but unlike hockey, the Jays at least still get a 1st round pick when he signs with another team.

Also, Dodgers want Puig out of the clubhouse to a point. And Toronto has some odd ability to turn bad clubhouse guys into solid players. Most recently Michael Saunders. He was apparently a terribly unmotivated player in Seattle; he was not good to have in the clubhouse. He was almost instantly turned around when moved to Toronto (then sadly blew his knee out).

If you’re to lose Bautista (they have to have a good idea by now what EE and JB are thinking), Puig is a solid chance to take for a replacement. But if they want the whole “mental leader ball player” I don’t know if the management team takes a chance on Puig. I would tho.
    I'm with 2014OG on this. I like the idea of grabbing Puig on the low for Bautista, who may go to FA anyways.
    As for the bullpen, I think we see another Grilli type deal, but there's so little out there to improve out bullpen/rotation.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Well, Stroman got out of a possible bad game, giving up 8hits, but no walks, and only 1R, which shouldn’t have happened because of the Lake throwing hiccup (didn’t see that inning just heard of it). EE smashing, Donaldson doing MVP things, team steamrolled Arizona.

Cecil, oh man, even on the 3rd strike of the 1st batter he completely missed his spot. Martin wanted his curve down and away, he hit up middle I do believe. The thing just didn’t snap down.

Way to go Yankees, just don’t win any games out of our division. The best part of the last 2 days for Yankees vs Orioles, they didn’t use Miller/Chapman, so they’ll likely get in today’s afternoon game getting the sweep (HOPEFULLY) of the Orioles.

RedSox have still like played 4games less than Toronto. Remember the days when the AL East was a joke? Now we have 4 teams with a winning record, only division in the MLB to have that.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I don't criticize Gibbons a whole lot, and generally think he's a much better manager than people want to give him credit for, but I didn't particularly like his handling of the game last night.

I think forfeiting the DH like he did last night was a mistake, and one that wasn't really necessary. If it were me, I would have plopped Bautista into 1B and left Upton in RF, leaving Edwin at the DH slot and avoiding the shitshow that was the #8 spot. It ended up working out at the end, and Barney clutched it with big double, but still. However, before people say Upton would have made that catch at the wall (which I do think he would have, Bautista's reaction and ensuing route to the ball was just terrible), Edwin made some really great plays at 1B that Bautista might not have been able to. Regardless, that's how I would have played it.

But wow. What a game. Solid battle from the boys.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I don't criticize Gibbons a whole lot, and generally think he's a much better manager than people want to give him credit for, but I didn't particularly like his handling of the game last night.

I think forfeiting the DH like he did last night was a mistake, and one that wasn't really necessary. If it were me, I would have plopped Bautista into 1B and left Upton in RF, leaving Edwin at the DH slot and avoiding the shitshow that was the #8 spot. It ended up working out at the end, and Barney clutched it with big double, but still. However, before people say Upton would have made that catch at the wall (which I do think he would have, Bautista's reaction and ensuing route to the ball was just terrible), Edwin made some really great plays at 1B that Bautista might not have been able to. Regardless, that's how I would have played it.

But wow. What a game. Solid battle from the boys.
    My thinking is Gibbons didn’t want MUJ in the RF (position that’s not his natural) in a field he hasn’t played in years (he didn’t play game 1 of this series). Then, Bautista has played 1 game this yr at 1B, and then before that, 12 games at 1B in 2014 (22 games at 1B since 2010).

Maybe if it wasn’t MUJ 1st game as a Jay, and JB first game back maybe we would have seen it play a little different. Personally I think JB should have been DH to begin with and Ezequiel in RF. So you can have MUJ PH for Saunders or defensive replacement if need be.

A win is a win I guess.

Dobber Sports Immortal

What a win last night. That Travis AB was epic. I was just waiting for the ground into double play scenario we've seen so many times.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Incredible game last night. I was just about to sleep after 6-4 but so glad I left the TV on while I was brushing my teeth.

Am I the only person who thought Bautista's handling of that late double was just atrocious? Pillar would've made that look like a routine fly ball...

This season it seems the only thing Bautista's been good for is getting walks. The power isn't there, the defense isn't there (not that it ever was).... I don't mind seeing this guy go.

Dobber Sports Titan

Jays right now:

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Incredible game last night. I was just about to sleep after 6-4 but so glad I left the TV on while I was brushing my teeth.

Am I the only person who thought Bautista's handling of that late double was just atrocious? Pillar would've made that look like a routine fly ball...

This season it seems the only thing Bautista's been good for is getting walks. The power isn't there, the defense isn't there (not that it ever was).... I don't mind seeing this guy go.
    Yeah, he is not doing himself any favours in earning a huge contract... but someone like the Yankees will overpay him.

Dobber Sports Ninja

To be fair, he voluntarily put himself in a position that benefits the team over his own needs, which is very commendable. And this is coming from a guy who has been extremely critical of Bautista in the past.

Dobber Sports Master

just a casual fan here , are the jays considering a bautista deal today ?

Dobber Sports Deity

Unlikely. I am sure they wouldn't mind dealing him but I don't see a deal imminent.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    just a casual fan here , are the jays considering a bautista deal today ?
    If they are going for it, I hope they keep him and let him jog off into the sunset this winter!!

I'm thinking the acquire a #3 or #4 starter today and maybe a reliever..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Expert

Hoping Liriano goes to bullpen. He may turn out to be that LH they need. Wicked slider. Coupled with Feldman I think they did solid. Provided Sanchez stays in the starting rotation.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm just thankful we got rid of Chavez...