Page 127 of 310 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 137 177 227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Considering Saunders has had 1 fielding error (I’m pretty sure Buck Martinez said it wasn’t an error, but it def was) and 1 throwing error all year, that’s pretty solid I think. 12 errors in 634 games (1 error in 52.8games), Bautista has 32 errors in 974 games (1 error every 30.4games).

Ben Revere has 16 errors in 704 games (1 error every 44 games)

He just wont be stealing outs like Pillar.
    He doesn't steal you outs, but he doesn't lose many for you, is what that tells me.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Saunders makes errors that don't show up on the score sheet though.
    A week ago, he thought he was at the wall and jumped at a fly (missing it)... which was a routine play had he just kept going back to the wall. Not knowing where you are in relation to the wall is rookie stuff.

Revere covers way more ground and will definitely make more score sheet errors because he gets to balls that Saunders bails on early.

Like Lawman wrote, Saunders will always take the safest play and I think it's because he knows he's weak defensively.

I agree Bautista is also average defensively, at best. Carrerra too. Although I'd play Carrerra over Saunders in the 9th inning of a playoff game for defensive purposes.
    Pillar has shown a few kinks lately in his Superman armor but is still an elite CF.
    That was his fielding error. Buck didn’t agree with it because he had a late break because of the sun I do believe was his reasoning. It to me was an error tho because he got his glove on it.

For a guy who practically missed a yr and a half (only played 80games his last yr in Seattle) he’s getting better at the reads. His base running has also gotten better. He was poorly coached and managed in Seattle, so I bet he’s missed a bunch of learning lessons on things along the way. I know it’s super bias but Gibbons says he’s extremely open to learning things now, prolly because the move from Seattle to Toronto opened his eyes.

Winning also does boost your morale and when you get tips from an MVP, you tend to listen.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Saunders has been great. The only way he could be better is if he was Jay Bruce ..........................

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Saunders has been great. The only way he could be better is if he was Jay Bruce ..........................

I would take the Canadian any day of the week
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Titan

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...ear-extension/

Smoak is back for another 2yrs (8.25 per), with a 6mil club option for 2019.

I wonder if this points to them thinking they may not be able to bring back EE, and this is the insurance.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...ear-extension/

Smoak is back for another 2yrs (8.25 per), with a 6mil club option for 2019.

I wonder if this points to them thinking they may not be able to bring back EE, and this is the insurance.

I dont think this has anything to do with EE. It's nice that they have a plan just in case EE walks but Smoak is a pretty solid backup and bench guy for this team going forward. And food for thought, could be used in a package deal at the deadline.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's a really solid deal for a solid platooning switch-hitting power-hitting first baseman with good fielding ability.

Short term deal and not expensive

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    I dont think this has anything to do with EE. It's nice that they have a plan just in case EE walks but Smoak is a pretty solid backup and bench guy for this team going forward. And food for thought, could be used in a package deal at the deadline.
    Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    It's a really solid deal for a solid platooning switch-hitting power-hitting first baseman with good fielding ability.
    Short term deal and not expensive
    Glad you both agree that this is a good deal. I guess I was extrapolating a little far. There probably isn't much more to read into it than what you two said.
    The other name though (extrapolating again) is Collabello. After his suspension, I wonder what the organization see in terms of plans for him moving past this season.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Is Collabello allowed on the playoff roster?? I'm just unsure of how things work with regarding his suspension..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

EE is probably gone... although personally I'd keep him over Bautista.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Is Collabello allowed on the playoff roster?? I'm just unsure of how things work with regarding his suspension..
    He can play the rest of the regular season, but can't play the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Losing two one-run games to the A's is a pretty devastating way to start off the post-ASG run. Hope they can avoid the sweep tomorrow.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    EE is probably gone... although personally I'd keep him over Bautista.
    I didn't think this way last year, but I definitely think that way this season!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Losing two one-run games to the A's is a pretty devastating way to start off the post-ASG run. Hope they can avoid the sweep tomorrow.
    Tell me about it... consistency has been an issue for these guys all season. Last night's game was especially disappointing - should have won that one easily.

Sox and O's are pulling away...

Dobber Sports Padawan

Historically the Jays haven't done well in West Coast parks. 4 games out of division with +65 games remaining is not ideal but hardly devastating.