Page 120 of 310 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 130 170 220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

The stuff I saw Friday (I was away this weekend and missed Saturday’s and all but the last inning of Sunday’s Game) they were finally hitting on 2outs. That was what they were really good at last yr, and I think we’ve seen the team turn that corner. Maybe they aren’t the massive juggernaut team we wanted, but it’s a team that may just claw its way back into the lead with 2-1 series wins for the next month and a bit.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The stuff I saw Friday (I was away this weekend and missed Saturday’s and all but the last inning of Sunday’s Game) they were finally hitting on 2outs. That was what they were really good at last yr, and I think we’ve seen the team turn that corner. Maybe they aren’t the massive juggernaut team we wanted, but it’s a team that may just claw its way back into the lead with 2-1 series wins for the next month and a bit.
    I really hate to say it, but I'm starting to believe last season was an aberration and this year is closer to the norm... offensively.

I mean, the second half of last year was just magical... they just destroyed the entire league, but a wide margin in just about every major offensive statistical category. Hard to hold them to those kind of standards.

I don't think they're THIS bad, but I'm not holding my breath for a resurgence the magnitude of last season. Hope I'm wrong...

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I really hate to say it, but I'm starting to believe last season was an aberration and this year is closer to the norm... offensively.

I mean, the second half of last year was just magical... they just destroyed the entire league, but a wide margin in just about every major offensive statistical category. Hard to hold them to those kind of standards.

I don't think they're THIS bad, but I'm not holding my breath for a resurgence the magnitude of last season. Hope I'm wrong...
    They broke like every offensive record, I would have been shocked if they repeated to any level close to that. They almost had 3 40HR, 100RBI guys (Or had, I think they actually had it). But Donaldson hitting 257 on the yr, Tulo not getting on base, EE and JB kinda scuffling, and Goins hitting under 250 are all big shocks.

The addition of Travis is big. I think once he’s back in the swing of things, he leads off and everyone gets back in their spots. But right now, don’t change what ain’t broken. 7-3 in the last 10, I’ll take it.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Overall the team has been the exact opposite of what I was expecting:

Starting Rotation- had lots of questions, has been much better then expected (8th in MLB). Would be even higher if we didn't let every inherited runner score.
    Closer- Some questions given his youth. Osuna has been a beast. 11/12 in save opportunities, take that all day.
    Bullpen- brutal, there were reasonably high hopes for Storen.
    Offense- 1st in MLB last year, middle of the pack right now.

Overall I hoped they'd be a few games over .500 by this point but .500 is still striking distance. If the big bats can figure it out and the team hits league average with RISP they still have a decent shot at the playoffs.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Big win tonight against the Yankees.. I seriously can't believe A.Loup still has a job as a major league pitcher.. He has to be one of the worst pitcgers in the league, definitely the worst on the Jays roster..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Big win tonight against the Yankees.. I seriously can't believe A.Loup still has a job as a major league pitcher.. He has to be one of the worst pitcgers in the league, definitely the worst on the Jays roster..
    Not sure what is more surprising, Loup still hanging around, or Storen picking up the save tonight!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Not sure what is more surprising, Loup still hanging around, or Storen picking up the save tonight!
    Storen kinda fell into that one.

Funny story though...me and a couple buddies have an online franchise going on The Show. I was in the playoffs facing Toronto in a 0-0 game in the 17th innings......they bring in Loup.....no joke....first pitch walk off homer for me . The game is just so realistic LOL

Dobber Sports Ninja

How is Loup still gainfully employed?!?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Storen kinda fell into that one.

Funny story though...me and a couple buddies have an online franchise going on The Show. I was in the playoffs facing Toronto in a 0-0 game in the 17th innings......they bring in Loup.....no joke....first pitch walk off homer for me . The game is just so realistic LOL
    Haha, that is a pretty awesome story. How is the most recent version of the game? I haven't played it yet.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Titan

Loup is a lefty that’s why. Think about how rare a lefty RP is right now. Toronto has Cecil and Loup as MLP. Happ makes what he makes because he’s a Lefty. Price makes his amount because of the left arm.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Does any one know the ratio of RHP to LHP presently in the league?

Would actually be interesting to know that ratio for Starters, Mid Relievers and Closers.

I know LHP are valuable just because they are LHP, but I've never actually researched the ratio.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Does any one know the ratio of RHP to LHP presently in the league?

Would actually be interesting to know that ratio for Starters, Mid Relievers and Closers.

I know LHP are valuable just because they are LHP, but I've never actually researched the ratio.
    Left handed pitchers account for 28% of all plate appearances since 2010, meanwhile over the same time, left handed batters account for 43% of all plate appearances. 10% of women in the world are left handed, and 12% of men are left handed in the world.

2013 season numbers.
    LHB vs LHP = 0.232avg
    LHB vs RHP = 0.260avg
    RHB vs RHP = 0.251avg
    RHB vs LHP = 0.263avg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Left handed pitchers account for 28% of all plate appearances since 2010, meanwhile over the same time, left handed batters account for 43% of all plate appearances. 10% of women in the world are left handed, and 12% of men are left handed in the world.

2013 season numbers.
    LHB vs LHP = 0.232avg
    LHB vs RHP = 0.260avg
    RHB vs RHP = 0.251avg
    RHB vs LHP = 0.263avg
    Now there's some interesting Data! Thanks fella!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Now there's some interesting Data! Thanks fella!

Dobber Sports Titan

Toronto currently finalizing a deal for Jason Grilli. They get a 39 year old reliever from the Atlanta Braves, looking for the same kind of calm presence that Latroy Hawkings brought last year (Grilli will likely not be as good, nor is he a lefty.
    I am a fan of the deal. He slots in as a good option in the 7th and 8th innings, and all we had to give up was a A ball pitcher whom I have never heard of: Sean Ratcliffe (Drafted 18th round in 2013).