Page 118 of 310 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 128 168 218 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Gibbons has managed hitters and personalities very well. To say anyone can manage that lineup is naive. He’s working in guys this yr and last yr, and does know how to manage personalities because … come on guys. No way does a shitty personality manager manage that team. Big Personalities like Stroman, Donaldson, and Bautista could rip rooms apart.

He can’t manage pitching at all.

I’m on the side that’s I couldn’t care less if he stays or goes because really, managers don’t do much in baseball during the game. I’d be upset if the hitting coach left tho.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Gibbons has managed hitters and personalities very well. To say anyone can manage that lineup is naive. He’s working in guys this yr and last yr, and does know how to manage personalities because … come on guys. No way does a shitty personality manager manage that team. Big Personalities like Stroman, Donaldson, and Bautista could rip rooms apart.

He can’t manage pitching at all.

I’m on the side that’s I couldn’t care less if he stays or goes because really, managers don’t do much in baseball during the game. I’d be upset if the hitting coach left tho.
    Bingo. He is terrible at knowing when to pull the starter and who to bring in. That being said, to say managers dont do much during games is a little misguided. Read my second sentence in this reply. They can influence a game directly simply because of that. In Gibbons case, normally for the worse.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

Is there a team that allows other teams to beat throws to 1st base more than the Blue Jays. I lost count of how many times KC beat out throws to first base in the ALCS last year and so far this year. Happened again tonight, but I can't think of the last time i've seen the Jays out run a throw. Is there that big of a difference in team speed or are the Jays just that slow? Maybe it just comes down to effort.

Update:

Just happened again in the 8th inning.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    He may not be an elite level coach but you're kidding yourself if you think other managers would have a better record for the Jays at this point. I do, however, think the end is near for Gibbons. As mentioned above, he's not Shapiro's guy and it was only a matter of time before he was shown the door.

Regardless of who is managing this team, they will turn it around. They are way too good not to. Last year, they had a similar start. And as I saw in a tweet, in 1992 the Jays had a 40 game stretch of sub .500 ball as well.
    I agree with this. May not be his fault at this point because who would expect the Jays to be whatever they are 23rd and HR and frigging Tampa to be 1st.....but this is the time when coaches who weren't hired by the current GM get fired.

Dobber Sports Ace

I'd be really curious to know who they'd hire to replace Gibby. Do they move Wedge into the role? Heck, maybe that's why Shapiro brought him on board in the first place, just to have a backup around for if/when Gibby faltered.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Deity

Is Cito still around.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Obviously when to pull a guy and who to bring in is a big influence on the game, but what else is he doing mid game?

With so many books and charts tho, I bet you the only thinking he has to do is “when do I pull this guy?”. Ok you pull him in this inning with this guy up to bat, in this part of the order, what does my chart say who to bring in?

Out of every sport, baseball has the least influence throughout the whole game by a head coach/manager. The “fielding manager” or whatever it’s called calls the shifts. The hitting coach calls the plays at the plate. The pitching coach calls plays to the catcher. They had a better game yesterday (without Gibbons, and a true Manager) than they’ve had recently.

Managers in baseball do stuff, but I don’t think they do much during the game.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Obviously when to pull a guy and who to bring in is a big influence on the game, but what else is he doing mid game?

With so many books and charts tho, I bet you the only thinking he has to do is “when do I pull this guy?”. Ok you pull him in this inning with this guy up to bat, in this part of the order, what does my chart say who to bring in?

Out of every sport, baseball has the least influence throughout the whole game by a head coach/manager. The “fielding manager” or whatever it’s called calls the shifts. The hitting coach calls the plays at the plate. The pitching coach calls plays to the catcher. They had a better game yesterday (without Gibbons, and a true Manager) than they’ve had recently.

Managers in baseball do stuff, but I don’t think they do much during the game.
    That's not always true. Some managers call EVERY pitch he wants his pitcher to throw and relays that info to the catcher before he flashes his signs. I don't think Gibby does that, but there are some managers who do. Maybe that's how they keep busy during the game.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    I'd be really curious to know who they'd hire to replace Gibby. Do they move Wedge into the role? Heck, maybe that's why Shapiro brought him on board in the first place, just to have a backup around for if/when Gibby faltered.

I think that is exactly why they hired Wedge.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Jose leading off tonight as supposedly the big hitters have requested it......woah

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Jose leading off tonight as supposedly the big hitters have requested it......woah
    They wanted a change. And obviously what was happening wasn’t working.

Dobber Sports Deity

The public "vote of confidence" for Gibby.

https://twitter.com/thehazelmae/stat...68519737319424

#BlueJays Pres Shapiro on Gibbons future: We (along w/GM Atkins) think he's consistent, strong, tough, committed...and part of the solution.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

There's nothing like a trip to Minnesota to heat those bats up and get to .500 again!!

Go Jays Go!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Immortal

To be honest I didn't watch any of the game today.....but why is Happ not pulled after a walk AND a single in the 8th??

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I just heard A.Loup is coming back soon............... This guy is a high ERA machine..

#PLEASENOLOUP
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..